So how much weight have you "lost" ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by icemoose, 22 November 2007 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Have been doing a lot (too much in fact which is why I have been quiet on here!) work on my NLP stuff and how I can integrate the NLP/TLT/Hypnotherapy with the Cambridge and I do think they fit in really really well.

Anyway!! My thought is this for the day...

Your unconcious (the bit of you that when you say don't think of a blue tree will immediately) only really understands things in a direct way.

Therefore if you say you have "lost" 5 stone then your unconcious takes that to mean you have "lost" something which you may in the future want to find again, therefore my advice is not to say how much you have "lost" but to reframe the sentence into "I only have 2 stone to go to get to my new permanent goal weight", that way your unconcious gets to think that you still have a little way to go and when you get there then that is where it needs to stay.

If you ever lose something you always want to find it.........

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Great way of thinking Mike :D

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks for that Mike - a very good point (I'm going through the process of paying attention to how I phrase things but things always slip through so this is good to have pointed out - won't be doing that again)!!

Maybe I'd enjoy one of those NLP courses as I like this sort of stuff.

5. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    Great thinking Mike, I like that idea.

We have missed you and your words of wisdom.
    Hope your well.

6. kopcat

kopcat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(21.38%)
    Diet:
    Now: High protein/sensible eating
    I love NLP :D .....just wish I could afford to find myself a practitioner and get into it for real! The one session I had dramatically altered the way I viewed some things, but I am sure it would have been a permanent change if I'd managed more than one session! :(

7. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    It is good stuff Kopcat :) I definately want to start the life coaching stuff alongside Cambridge as the two marry very well. Am currently converting my conservatory into a "quiet place" for seeing people as helping people relax so they open up is very difficult with a 3 year old little girl dressed as a fairy poking them with her wand!!

M.

8. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

Im going to have to disagree with you mike I will continue to say ive lost just over 7 stone in weight because for me my innervoice says fantastic and my disorganised side will never find it anyway so i wont bother looking and the only time i am unconcious is to much vodka !!! lol

julesrush
    cdc norwich

9. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Awwww, bless!!!
    Y'know, that thing you said about "lost" weight: I think it's the best thing i've heard all year.

I've got 40lbs left ;)

10. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    That's such a great way to think! Icemoose you are going to become uber CDC!! Well done!

11. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I suppose it's kind of like reverse psycology on your brain and the way that you think.

You subconciously tell yourself that you have ....to go rather than the other way around.

Thanks for that M!

12. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

I lost 5 stone last year, but managed to hunt down and find 3 of the little blighters...:eek:

13. Bailey

Bailey Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.48%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    But I think it's also important to acknowledge what you have achieved already, or else you might focus too much on what you haven't yet achieved, and forget about what you have already achieved. So if I were to say I have 5 stone (I dunno yet exactly what my target is!) to go for example, that seems like a heck of a challenge, but if I can say that I've already dropped 19lbs then that in itself is a huge achievement for me.

If you see what I mean?

14. milso

milso Member

i like to think "i have got rid of 3 stone of ugly fat" that way you`r not going to want to find it!

15. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Thats a really good thing you are going todo Mike , might even be down to see you myself , as i'm struggling to get my frame of mind back to losing weight . good luck with that

16. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Great advice as usual, Mike

I'm really appreciating your NLP training.

Mind you, it made me smile. I haven't lost 25 pounds. I know exactly where they've gone! :sick0019:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.