So how much weight have you "lost" ?

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Have been doing a lot (too much in fact which is why I have been quiet on here!) work on my NLP stuff and how I can integrate the NLP/TLT/Hypnotherapy with the Cambridge and I do think they fit in really really well.

Anyway!! My thought is this for the day...

Your unconcious (the bit of you that when you say don't think of a blue tree will immediately) only really understands things in a direct way.

Therefore if you say you have "lost" 5 stone then your unconcious takes that to mean you have "lost" something which you may in the future want to find again, therefore my advice is not to say how much you have "lost" but to reframe the sentence into "I only have 2 stone to go to get to my new permanent goal weight", that way your unconcious gets to think that you still have a little way to go and when you get there then that is where it needs to stay.

If you ever lose something you always want to find it.........

Great thinking Mike, I like that idea.

We have missed you and your words of wisdom.
Hope your well.

I love NLP :D .....just wish I could afford to find myself a practitioner and get into it for real! The one session I had dramatically altered the way I viewed some things, but I am sure it would have been a permanent change if I'd managed more than one session! :(

It is good stuff Kopcat :) I definately want to start the life coaching stuff alongside Cambridge as the two marry very well. Am currently converting my conservatory into a "quiet place" for seeing people as helping people relax so they open up is very difficult with a 3 year old little girl dressed as a fairy poking them with her wand!!

M.

Im going to have to disagree with you mike I will continue to say ive lost just over 7 stone in weight because for me my innervoice says fantastic and my disorganised side will never find it anyway so i wont bother looking and the only time i am unconcious is to much vodka !!! lol

julesrush
cdc norwich

Am currently converting my conservatory into a "quiet place" for seeing people as helping people relax so they open up is very difficult with a 3 year old little girl dressed as a fairy poking them with her wand!!

M.

Awwww, bless!!!
Y'know, that thing you said about "lost" weight: I think it's the best thing i've heard all year.

I've got 40lbs left ;)

That's such a great way to think! Icemoose you are going to become uber CDC!! Well done!

I suppose it's kind of like reverse psycology on your brain and the way that you think.

You subconciously tell yourself that you have ....to go rather than the other way around.

Thanks for that M!

But I think it's also important to acknowledge what you have achieved already, or else you might focus too much on what you haven't yet achieved, and forget about what you have already achieved. So if I were to say I have 5 stone (I dunno yet exactly what my target is!) to go for example, that seems like a heck of a challenge, but if I can say that I've already dropped 19lbs then that in itself is a huge achievement for me.

If you see what I mean?

Thats a really good thing you are going todo Mike , might even be down to see you myself , as i'm struggling to get my frame of mind back to losing weight . good luck with that

Great advice as usual, Mike

I'm really appreciating your NLP training.

Mind you, it made me smile. I haven't lost 25 pounds. I know exactly where they've gone! :sick0019:

Back