So how we all doing on Xmas day??

Size10wannabe

For all of us on abstinence on this difficult food day!!... How are you getting on??

.. its 5pm here and so far I managed to bypass the mulled wine... (took a shower), miss the xmas dinner (took a bath!) and the mince pies (took a walk!!).. I think I may have cracked it!

Just read an article which said that the average person consumes 8000 calories on xmas day.. when you think about it like that.. how dumb is that all for the sake of one day? (she says having done that regularly for years.. and not just on xmas day hehe)

also, am finding out that I must associate watching TV & films with pigging out on comfort food.. all these fab films on TV today... very hard to sit there with your bottle of water and chicken soup!

for those of you doing well, hang in there...

for those of you not doing so well.. its only a day out of an entire journey.. tomorrow's another day :)

Well for me the food isnt too bad had 2 slices of turkey and 4 brussel sprouts, totally my choice. Unfortuntely I have had 4 glasses of champagne. and 2 pickled onions.Wow betided them tomorrow morning :wave_cry:

Well done you for your abstinence.:D

for those of you who cheated yesterday damage may or may not have been done, HOWEVER, the biggest problem that many members have said here on mins is once eaten in abstinence then the constant picking starts.

Congratulations to all who abstained

HOWEVER, the biggest problem that many members have said here on mins is once eaten in abstinence then the constant picking starts.

that's very true. Once you've broken your Golden time (the first time you do VLCD), it can be darned difficult to get back. I see it every year.

Having said that, it's not impossible, you just have to be more focused and not let any cheats slip in.

Well done for those that abstained through Xmas day. Keep up the good work. Very best of luck those that are back on the wagon today (or tomorrow). You can do it.

And for those who are taking more days off with the hopes of starting in the new year....why?;)

Due to the way things worked out, abstaining wasn't that difficult in the end today. My parents were helping at a Christmas lunch at the local church for people who were on their own so there was no big feast at home for me to avoid.

Now Boxing Day is actually more tricky as all the rellies come round for cold meat, mashed potato, pickles etc. I think I will just make myself scarce for that bit.

Congratulations to everyone who managed it with a more tempting banquet on other than I did.

i just replied on another thread, but food wise it wasnt a problem, however on christmas eve i had 3 glasses of wine at the pub and got so drunk it was embarassing. I will not be drinking again till after i get to target, its just not worth it. I also had a 'lightbulb moment' when afterwards i realised that i didnt actually like the taste of wine, it was just a habbit of drinking that. When i do start drinking (when im gorgeous and slim) i am only going to drink things that i actually like.

Well done all of you. You should all pat yourselves on your backs!! Even anyone tht slipped up - it was only one day, and todays a new one.

Just a reflection I have had this morning - as I am not beginning LL until January 7, I had the usual day - few drinks, nibbbles, big meal, more nibbles, etc.

I woke up this morning and wondered jst how would that have been if I had abstained - would what I ate and drank have been so terrible to have missed? And ya know what? The answer was no!

At the time, it all seemed wonderful and tempting and tasty, etc., and the done thing - but today I realised had I missed it all, it really would not have been the end of the world I thought it might be. It really asn't all that great.

Maybe it is easier to say as I am not doing LL yet - but it gives me a bit of perspective realising - life would go on today just as happily whether I stuffed myself last night, or not. Ya know?

Does that make sense? Hard to explain feelings sometimes, but I just feel all that I ate, and the uncomfortablness immediately afterwards - is it really as good as I believe it to be? I don't think so.

I hope I can feel that way when I am on the plan.

ANyway - good on you all!!

Blonde.. your logic is correct!! I thought abstinence was tough yesterday, but it was worth it all when this morning i woke up and had one of those "feel definately lighter " mornings. I hopped on the scales to find I am about 3 lbs down since a few days ago.. amazing.

and by next xmas... am going to be too busy having fun in a size 10 pair of jeans that I wont want to eat trifle!!...

have a good boxing day everyone.. here is something i wrote up to keep myself going today...

B e aware that my good friend "food" was and is no friend at all..
O nly another x days left of abstinence!
X tra compliments on a sexy body.. imagine!
I nside me is a slim happy size 10 who can't wait to come out..
N ever again will I have to make do with shopping in "big sizes" stores..
G o out into the crisp winter sunshine and take a walk..

D on't think about what I can't have, but what I can (non-food related) instead
A llow myself to relax and give myself quality "me" time.. I deserve it!
Y ou are doing great.. hang in there!!

I didn't have a problem yesterday, I sat with everyone else while they ate their starter, main course and dessert (and believe me it did look very nice and I was told by DH was lovely).
I had a chicken soup and plenty of sparkling water and really didn't have a problem with it at all, even cutting up DDs dinner for her was fine.

I am quite proud of myself, I did have full support from all those present and lots of compliments about how I was looking, which does help.
If I can get through that, then I can get through anything I hope!

I am quite proud of myself, I did have full support from all those present and lots of compliments about how I was looking, which does help.
If I can get through that, then I can get through anything I hope!

It really does make a difference having the support of the people around you. My family are very supportive of this and no-one took offence when I went to do something else while people tucked into breakfast this morning.

I only told one person at work I was on a diet but everyone else guessed sooner or later (it's a small office) due to the fact they could see I wasn't eating lunch and how much slimmer I have become. This helped when it came to the Christmas social and everyone was fine about me skipping the meal part (I don't feel ready to sit there not eating anything in a restaurant, not because the food is tempting I just feel akward in that situation).

You are right it is more difficult if you give in, I did just a bit yesterday, and today is so difficult. :break_diet:

At home while I am at the beginning of my diet I dont have tempting food about constantly, but here at my daughters it is here all the time. In is in every nook and cranny and everywhere I move.

I am surviving at the mo with the help of my DH who is watching me like a hawk (with my permission - of couse). It is funny this is the only diet I have allowed him to have any say in the matter, as I believe without his help I may not of done so well.

I hope everyone who was slightly tempted are finding your way back OK, and to those who did abstain - A BIG WELL DONE.

You are right it is more difficult if you give in, I did just a bit yesterday, and today is so difficult. :break_diet:

That is my biggest fear - that I will end up going off the plan for a special occassion and then not be able to get back.

I am going to start in January, and I am starting with the mantra - ALL OR NOTHING. And I am going to TRY my hardest not to stray, at all. Zero Tolerance. That scares the heck out of me - but because this is sooo strict a diet, and such a huge sacrifice, I am scared to waste my efforts and if I go off, I amy not get back on.

Some can do that successfully, but I am SUCH a creature of habit - it can take only one move for something to become a habit and a pattern for me - and I dare not ruin my efforts. I really hope I can do it. Hoping to address that in the courses.

I think you are a bit like me, once you go wrong you think you cant do it. I have cocked up so many diets it is unbelievable. My theory on this was not that I couldnt succeed but that I didnt deserve to succeed.

This time I am going to face that bloody demon who keeps making believe I am not worthy of being slim (to me that would be 100% success) and smack him right in the face until he doesnt know what has happened. By that I am going to face that it is my hands not the demons anymore.

Dont worry too much about slipping I am sure there are a few who have slipped and still succeeded, I did yesterday and so far back on track today, although difficult - that Demon has already had one big smack and will probably get a few more before the day is out.

It really does make a difference having the support of the people around you. My family are very supportive of this and no-one took offence when I went to do something else while people tucked into breakfast this morning.

I totally agree, my SIL in particular was really good for me yesterday.

I don't feel ready to sit there not eating anything in a restaurant, not because the food is tempting I just feel akward in that situation.
Totally agree with that one too. Yesterday was at SILs house and it was fine.
I would find it difficult, even with the same people, in a restaurant, just because of the staff reactions/comments.
I am hoping to avoid such situations, DH is totally cool with it all and if we need to eat out, he will pick places he knows won't be awkward for me, like cafes which are not so formal.

Well done for all of you who have stayed abstinent during Christmas - you will be very glad you did because if you can do Christmas, you can do ANYTHING.

And for those of you who have stepped off the wagon, just put it behind you and move on. As others have said, it's the mental stuff that's the hardest so just get back into the groove.

Wherever you are on your LighterLife journey, it is SOOOOO worth finishing.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year.

Take care.

Mrs Lard xx

I think you are a bit like me, once you go wrong you think you cant do it. I have cocked up so many diets it is unbelievable. My theory on this was not that I couldnt succeed but that I didnt deserve to succeed.

This time I am going to face that bloody demon who keeps making believe I am not worthy of being slim (to me that would be 100% success) and smack him right in the face until he doesnt know what has happened.

wow.. I recognise that feeling. What is it about self esteem and how difficult is it to improve on it when it is on the ground..?? Those little bl**dy inner voices who say.. "you cant do this.." or "you dont deserve to be thin and look good" man I would like to give them a big slap for causing years of unhappiness...

Looking forward to the class starting on 8th Jan so I can start erasing those little inner voices..!! - for good!

Have to say, before I found this forum, I thought I was alone in thinking and feeling the way i do.. now I realise I am one of many. Thank goodness for mini-mins and all your support

We had friends round and I was 'waitress' getting more gravy, moving dirty plates etc - didn't have time to sit down and eat my bar as planned. Everyone very supportive. Did miss the alcohol a bit as I found I was stressing about food and dirty plates, rather than 'going with the flow' but certainly NEVER going back to a boozy Xmas and eating loads of rubbish - I know now that I can have a good time without it!

Boxing Day a bit harder so had an extra half bar in the evening, but I'd been running in the morning and fell-walked the dogs 2 hours in the afternoon - so I figured it wouldn't cause me a problem, AND was better than eating!

Well done all the other abstainers - I think we've all learned a valuable lesson!

Back