So hungry after work-out??!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marysu, 8 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Marysu

Marysu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.5%)
    Why is it that i'm really starving after i workout? I drink lots and lots of water before during and after so it's not that i'm actually thirsty and mistaking it for hunger. It's getting a tad frustrating now as i feel i'm undoing my hard work by having food after, and other the other hand i refuse to deny myself something as thats the point in the past where i throw in the towel and say to hell with it all, Lol.

So has anyone had a similar problem and if so how did you over come it? Any help would be really great.
    ~X~

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find the same!!! I get around it by leaving points for after. So I have a small light dinner, and a snack after. Or I have half my dinner before and the other half after. Or I have a snack before and my dinner after. Depends what time I am going really.
    I tend to have toast with a little cooked ham and tomatoes, or cereal, or fruit and yoghurt. Apparently its good to have protein and carbs after a workout. So long as you plan for it, theres no reason why this should undo your hard work, and actually fitness experts recommend that you do eat after a workout.

4. Marysu

Marysu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.5%)
    Thanx purple star i'll try that.

5. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    its better to eat after apparently! I used to eat 30mins before but now eat after i've been! Have a snack, like an apple or a banana is great, before you go for a workout. thats supposed to really help.

6. size102b

size102b Banned

I always have my porridge and then work out an hour after,metabolisim higher in the morning and I couldnt exercise on no fuel.......
    I think its best you do as suits you as we are all different,try eating before then try after?

Good luck x

7. lindsay88

lindsay88 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    WW Discover plan
    I never eat before working out because i find i get a terrible stitch and stomach pains. I wait and have my dinner (sometimes as late as 8pm)or breakfast when i get back and it hasnt done me any harm i suppose just find what suits you but if your hungrier afterwards save some points till then :) xx

8. Marysu

Marysu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.5%)
    Couldn't do a thing tonight but am going to play around with the before and after thing, and carbs and proteins. See if i can find a solution. Thanks everyone.x.x.x.

9. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    its so strange when i come out i just want to eat what ever i can!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.