Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

So I went shopping

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by elida, 22 September 2011 Social URL.

1. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    to buy a pair of shorts..
    I reached for size 40 I recently started fitting in, my friend told me to try size 38 too..
    I took it off the hook, looked at it and told her even when I reach my goal I can't fit in these..
    She told me to try both, so I did..
    I was very very sure I am size 40, so tried it first and it was loose!!!!!
    The way I came out of the changing room made my friend laugh out loud:8855:
    ended up buying size 38, I am wearing them now:D
    Oh how good this feels..

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lausanne

Lausanne I can if I think I can.

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Gotta love Dukan! :D

4. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Fabulous... size 38 WOW! (Although I'm now wondering whether you really need to lose a further stone???)

5. CC

CC Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Congrats! Yeay! :)

6. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Very well done! you must be so happy.

I do believe that fitting into size 30 waist skinny jeans will make me happier than any figure on the scales would - will have to wait and see!

I had a similar happy experience to yours the other day - went to Forever 21 for the first time (it's only just opened at Westfield Stratford) and thought 'oh stupid skinny teenage girls shop - nothing will fit me'. Which was sort of true - the first size L skirt I tried on was too small.
    But I then proceeded to try on a dress in a medium - it looked loose everywhere I needed it to be and they only had an M size, no L. But it was too big! Faaaaaarrrrr too big. And eventually I walked out of there with the dress in a size EXTRA SMALL!!

Granted it was mostly to do with the style of the dress - but still! I don't believe that in my entire life I have ever ever worn an extra small in anything. So I am chuffed :)

Wore it out on my 1st wedding anniversary to go dancing and drinking cocktails and it made me very happy (though after said cocktails it may already be a little tight again)

7. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    October, XS?? wow!
    Even if I was just skin and bones I wouldn't be able to fit in an M:eek:
    Maintainer, the goal weight in my mind was 68 to be honest but DD website calculated it to be 65 and I thought why not.. But I will see how I feel when I am 68 and might stop there. I am apple shaped, very wide chest and shoulders and all the weight was on my upper body.. still I have a big belly and my arms don't look good, I don't think 3 more kg will be enough.. sigh..
    sometimes I think I was happier when I didn't care, now I am more into details.. :rolleyes:

8. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Elida I think we're opposite in that respect - the goal weight in my mind was 63 but Dukan site obv thought that was unrealistic - probably accurately as i've never been there (or perhaps when I was about 13 years old!)

As for the dress - it was completely down the style, I am absolutely not an XS. (the dress is non clingy fabric and only fitted at the waist - which is the only bit where my body goes in rather than out :) So you never know - but I no longer believe dress sizes mean all that much.

And as for being unhappy with your shape - don't worry about that until you get to goal. I suspect that when we both get there enough flesh will have been stripped off us to allow a better look about where we need to tone up, and we will by then be motivated enough to do so. I know the only time I've lost weight properly before (a year ago I got to 69/70kg) it spurred me on at the time to work out specific problem areas at the gym or with a trainer, and when you're slimmer that's easier to do (as the results are more visible)

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.