So I went shopping

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by elida, 22 September 2011 Social URL.

1. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    to buy a pair of shorts..
    I reached for size 40 I recently started fitting in, my friend told me to try size 38 too..
    I took it off the hook, looked at it and told her even when I reach my goal I can't fit in these..
    She told me to try both, so I did..
    I was very very sure I am size 40, so tried it first and it was loose!!!!!
    The way I came out of the changing room made my friend laugh out loud:8855:
    ended up buying size 38, I am wearing them now:D
    Oh how good this feels..

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lausanne

Lausanne I can if I think I can.

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Gotta love Dukan! :D

4. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Fabulous... size 38 WOW! (Although I'm now wondering whether you really need to lose a further stone???)

5. CC

CC Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Congrats! Yeay! :)

6. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Very well done! you must be so happy.

I do believe that fitting into size 30 waist skinny jeans will make me happier than any figure on the scales would - will have to wait and see!

I had a similar happy experience to yours the other day - went to Forever 21 for the first time (it's only just opened at Westfield Stratford) and thought 'oh stupid skinny teenage girls shop - nothing will fit me'. Which was sort of true - the first size L skirt I tried on was too small.
    But I then proceeded to try on a dress in a medium - it looked loose everywhere I needed it to be and they only had an M size, no L. But it was too big! Faaaaaarrrrr too big. And eventually I walked out of there with the dress in a size EXTRA SMALL!!

Granted it was mostly to do with the style of the dress - but still! I don't believe that in my entire life I have ever ever worn an extra small in anything. So I am chuffed :)

Wore it out on my 1st wedding anniversary to go dancing and drinking cocktails and it made me very happy (though after said cocktails it may already be a little tight again)

7. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    October, XS?? wow!
    Even if I was just skin and bones I wouldn't be able to fit in an M:eek:
    Maintainer, the goal weight in my mind was 68 to be honest but DD website calculated it to be 65 and I thought why not.. But I will see how I feel when I am 68 and might stop there. I am apple shaped, very wide chest and shoulders and all the weight was on my upper body.. still I have a big belly and my arms don't look good, I don't think 3 more kg will be enough.. sigh..
    sometimes I think I was happier when I didn't care, now I am more into details.. :rolleyes:

8. October

October Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.78%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Elida I think we're opposite in that respect - the goal weight in my mind was 63 but Dukan site obv thought that was unrealistic - probably accurately as i've never been there (or perhaps when I was about 13 years old!)

As for the dress - it was completely down the style, I am absolutely not an XS. (the dress is non clingy fabric and only fitted at the waist - which is the only bit where my body goes in rather than out :) So you never know - but I no longer believe dress sizes mean all that much.

And as for being unhappy with your shape - don't worry about that until you get to goal. I suspect that when we both get there enough flesh will have been stripped off us to allow a better look about where we need to tone up, and we will by then be motivated enough to do so. I know the only time I've lost weight properly before (a year ago I got to 69/70kg) it spurred me on at the time to work out specific problem areas at the gym or with a trainer, and when you're slimmer that's easier to do (as the results are more visible)

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.