So many questions...

InTheBlue

Ok today I have started Weight Watchers Pro Points but without much knowledge at all so I feel i'm blindly flying into something and can either be eating too much or too little.

Please can anyone answer a few questions for me.

Based on my gender, weight, height, activity level and all the other stuff, i'm allowed 36 pro points apparently.
This seems a lot considering I have a lot of weight to lose (70lbs+) and that my meals dont reach anywhere near that amount.
For example I will have a Banana (1pp) for breakfast, go to work, have a weight watchers soup (2pp) for lunch and then a weight watchers hotpot (6pp) for dinner.
That's only 9pp for the day!

Can someone please recommend how to make more of my points?
Maybe I should have some weight watchers biscuits or puddings for an extra 4-6pp?
Should I revise my points total down to something like 25pp?

I just don't want to starve myself but also not eat so much that no weight comes off.

Please help.

Ok today I have started Weight Watchers Pro Points but without much knowledge at all so I feel i'm blindly flying into something and can either be eating too much or too little.

Please can anyone answer a few questions for me.

Based on my gender, weight, height, activity level and all the other stuff, i'm allowed 36 pro points apparently.
This seems a lot considering I have a lot of weight to lose (70lbs+) and that my meals dont reach anywhere near that amount.
For example I will have a Banana (1pp) for breakfast, go to work, have a weight watchers soup (2pp) for lunch and then a weight watchers hotpot (6pp) for dinner.
That's only 9pp for the day!

Can someone please recommend how to make more of my points?
Maybe I should have some weight watchers biscuits or puddings for an extra 4-6pp?
Should I revise my points total down to something like 25pp?

I just don't want to starve myself but also not eat so much that no weight comes off.

Please help.

Firstly Welcome to the plan :)
Your daily allowance is calculated to allow u to lose 1-2lbs per week safely and steadily.
Could you add a couple of slices toast to your banana for brekkie?
Could u add some crackers to your soup?
Could u add a Potato Side Dish to your Ready Meal? Or some Beans/Spaghetti?
Could you bulk your day out with snacks such as nuts and seeds? A far healthier way to use extra pp instead of biscuits/cakes etc.
Also try having 'Real' rather than 'Low Fat' things like Yogurt, Cheese, Milk etc as this will use pp quicker!
It's important that u eat your 36pp. There's a few ideas, feel free to message me if you're still stuck? X

Hi Serena, thanks for your reply :)

So is it safe to say that if I use 36pp in a day, no matter the food, I will still lose weight?
The idea of eating more to lose weight is confusing to me, especially when for example you could eat 36 points worth of pizzas, chocolate and cake, but not gain weight because it is in your points allowance.

I'm not saying i'll be eating those foods but i'm scared to have things like a pasty or sausage roll to fill out my day and use up points because they are 'bad foods'.

So as long as i'm using 36pp i'm ok?

Hi Serena, thanks for your reply :)

So is it safe to say that if I use 36pp in a day, no matter the food, I will still lose weight?
The idea of eating more to lose weight is confusing to me, especially when for example you could eat 36 points worth of pizzas, chocolate and cake, but not gain weight because it is in your points allowance.

I'm not saying i'll be eating those foods but i'm scared to have things like a pasty or sausage roll to fill out my day and use up points because they are 'bad foods'.

So as long as i'm using 36pp i'm ok?

WW is designed so you can use your allowance on what YOU want! If you chose to eat 6 Wispas (Yes that's 36pp lol) it would be your choice! I (and many others on here!) find we lose more the more we eat. When I started, I had two weeks where I used no weeklies and those were my smallest losses to date! More IS More! Relax and enjoy your 36pp because once you start to lose weight they will be a distant memory!!! X

Bananas are 0pp not 1pp ...

Try changing your ww soup or a normal soup which will be higher in points

Bananas are 0pp not 1pp ...

Try changing your ww soup or a normal soup which will be higher in points

Good Spot! I never noticed that, doh! X

It was the first thing I seen and was thinking they better not have changed and are now 1pp

It was the first thing I seen and was thinking they better not have changed and are now 1pp

I love it that fruit is free, means even when I've got no pp I can still have a yummy sweet snack! X

Whatever you do, you can't drop below 26pp as that is the minimum you must eat every day. If you eat too little your body will go into starvation mode and will cling onto fat!

I know 36pp seems like a lot when you want to lose a lot of weight, but as you lose weight your points allowance drops quite quickly to ensure you keep losing weight. If you start off on the minimum, when your losses start to slow you wont have anywhere to go to kickstart it again.

Play around with what you eat and see what gives you the best results. You could in theory eat 36pp of pizza and chocolate per day, but that might only give you a small loss per week compared to if you had a more balanced diet with exercise.

I always try and have fruit and veg every single day and to go for a walk or go to the gym as often as possible.

Also you get 49 weekly points in addition to your dailies. These can be used on whatever you like, including alcohol. Some people find they lose the most weight when they eat all their weeklies. Personally, I lose the most weight when I eat beteen 0-27 weeklies.

Also bear in mind that although you can use all your points on 6 wispas or pizza or whatever you fancy, the chances are that kind of food won't sustain you all day so means you probably have more chance of going over your allowance. I'm using WW to try and educate myself to eat more satisfying food and to make points go further. You will be amazed by what you can eat for 36pp. I am on 37pp and honestly am eating so much yummy stuff! X

Back