So much to lose-head is spinning! :0(

Hey Maxi!

I have a similar amount to lose as you. I am doing the Cambridge Diet, and have just finished my first week. I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I have to lose 19 stone, and it's just like whoa!! I am starting off small as I want to get under 400lbs and so on.

Any time you want to chat just let me know! x

Thanks Crimson, I think that I'm going to steal some of your goals, I was wondering what would make sense for me & yours are good. :D

Hi Pink,
Thanks for stopping by! I think I'm getting into 'the zone' or whatever you want to call it. Certainly feeling more positive rather than just totally overwhelmed. First weigh in is tomorrow night.... ;)

Hi Pink,
Thanks for stopping by! I think I'm getting into 'the zone' or whatever you want to call it. Certainly feeling more positive rather than just totally overwhelmed. First weigh in is tomorrow night.... ;)

Good luck for tomorrow, when you see those scales and the amount you have lost, you will be a happy bunny and it will help to motivate you to the next weigh in. Also over the next few weeks you will start doing things you never thought you could due to the weight. I am pleased you are feeling more positive today and tomorrow you will be absolutely beaming.

I'm feeling really overwhelmed aswell.

I've 102 pounds to lose and I was thinking of breaking it up into Ten minigoals of 10 pounds.

Unfortunatley I'm the type to lose heart if it doesn't happen quick enough :(
Thats an attitude I have to change

@Maxi, good luck on your weigh in :D and good you are feeling loads better already :D I think the weigh in will give you quite the boost :D

@Boomboomboom, you have the same amount to loose as i do. What diet are you doing?? I have the same as you, if it doesnt happen fast enough, i kind of loose my motivation. That's one of the many reasons why i am going for a VLCD. Maybe it will help you as well, to keep motivated :).

Had my weigh in & I lost 7.2kg (about 15lbs) I went from tired & grumpy to slightly crazily bouncy in a second. :talk017:

Boomboom, I know what you mean about wanting quick results, I'm the same. I think I give up too easily. I read somewhere on here that it didn't go on overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight either, which is reasonable.
I feel great at the moment, but I could just have easily been sitting here feeling miserable if the loss wasn't a good one. That would've led to stuffing my face & so you see how I'm in this mess! :eek:

Wow Maxi!! Congrats on the 15lbs!! :D thats major!! in just a week?? :D I can understand your booming right now :D

Sorry for barging in but I just wanted to say HUGE congratulations on your first week's success!!

:happy096:

Well done..

Juno ..

@Maxi, good luck on your weigh in :D and good you are feeling loads better already :D I think the weigh in will give you quite the boost :D

@Boomboomboom, you have the same amount to loose as i do. What diet are you doing?? I have the same as you, if it doesnt happen fast enough, i kind of loose my motivation. That's one of the many reasons why i am going for a VLCD. Maybe it will help you as well, to keep motivated :).

I'm 19 and this is the first time i've been serious about the weightloss. I have a consultation with my doctor on monday about what will be right for me :)

Until she hands me a strict eating plan I've just cut out junk, fried foods, fizzy drinks etc. And I get off the bus 4 stops early each way, as well as walking around the block twice to slowly increase my physical activity.

I talked to a pharmasist about starting the Alli supplement today, that comes with a recipe book and a food journal to fill in which is encouraging :D

Had my weigh in & I lost 7.2kg (about 15lbs) I went from tired & grumpy to slightly crazily bouncy in a second. :talk017:

Boomboom, I know what you mean about wanting quick results, I'm the same. I think I give up too easily. I read somewhere on here that it didn't go on overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight either, which is reasonable.
I feel great at the moment, but I could just have easily been sitting here feeling miserable if the loss wasn't a good one. That would've led to stuffing my face & so you see how I'm in this mess! :eek:

I think i've started to realise that it wont be an easy task :eek: Realisticly i'd be happy for this to span over a year, losing about 2 pounds a week :)

I have a large chart in my room now to motivate me. Its broken up into 8 large circles, every time I lose a pound I'll draw a line in the circle, and when the circle has 14 lines in it it will mean i've lost a stone so I can move onto the next circle. I think it will help because it will be on my wall facing me every day :)

Very good idea boom :D (if its okay to call you boom lol) to go to the doc, thats what got it going for me. Though we intialy went to find out if surgery was an option. And he opted to try shakes first.

Youve made a really good start though! thats exactly how i lost my first stone while waiting for my real diet to start :D.

Youre idea of a chart on the wall is super!! :D it will keep you in focus :D

Yes I think that it's a good idea to have charts & things. Anything that motivates you has to be good, right? I have a weight loss graph & enlargements of some verrrrrrry bad photos of me taken a couple of weeks ago stuck on the fridge & every high kitchen cupboard. It's all double double chins, massivo boobs & very high numbers going on. It's quite scarey :D now people in the real world know how much I weigh too, although nobody believes it, which is quite strange.

Oh yes, i know the bit about not believing how much you weigh, they usually react very shocked when they here it, they would have never guessed it! lol

Oh yes, i know the bit about not believing how much you weigh, they usually react very shocked when they here it, they would have never guessed it! lol
Hmmm, it's odd though. I had to step on the scales in front of my mother because she flatly refused to believe I could weigh so much! :faint2:

I've just gotten my lastest burst of motivation :( A new chain of H&M opened in my city in Ireland today, we went and queued up and they ended up filming me walking into the shop and its on the news. Myself and my 4 chins :( I'm so mortified...

BBB, you're on your way.. and you can't do much more than that, can you! You've taken the biggest step. The rest is just waiting to become history and statistics.

When you see someone in the street that is bigger than average do you think horrible things about him/her? I'll bet you don't..
And I bet no one would about you either!

Just enjoy the 10 seconds of fame, offer to sign any autographs, and carry on.

You've got such a positive attitude.. Put a smile on your face :)
and think about when you can shop at H&M and many other places besides (providing they have small enough sizes, of course!)..

Juno ..x

Hmmm, it's odd though. I had to step on the scales in front of my mother because she flatly refused to believe I could weigh so much! :faint2:

oh luckely i have never had that, my mum does put on her sadface and shakes her head ......

I weigh myself on the wii fit, and have the numbers under lock and key.

My husband and children can't actually compute how much I weigh.. come to think of it I weigh as much as all of them added together!!

(in my defence, the children are 11 and 8 and stick thin.. husband has hollow bones..)

Juno ..

Back