So near to target but just can't get there!

lardylady

Gold Member
I'm only 5lb away from target but the last few pounds are proving impossible to shift! I'm 100% on plan, and nothing major is happening!
I lose a pound, then maintain, then gain half a pound...arrggghh! It's so annoying! I've cut portion sizes, limited syns to an average of 10 a day, I've tried eating different meals so my diet is very varied. I exercise daily (nothing too drastic, but I go for a brisk walk for around 45 minutes in the evening).
I'm eating to suit my appetite- for example, a few days ago I went out for an Indian meal, and left half of my curry because I was full. I'm not eating out of habit but just don't know what to do! I haven't set a low target, in fact my target weight is just 1lb under the very top end of the healthy BMI range for my height.
I would be so grateful for any tips or advice on how to get these last 5lb off!

Have you tried mixing up the plans?

I did success express and the 777 plan I found on here helped me!

I wouldn't limit syns. I always did better when having the full 15 a day. I really struggled with the last 5lbs too, but keep plugging away and you'll get there. Do you eat many speed or superspeed foods? Maybe that would help?

I was exactly the same before I got to target, for 6 months I put the same pound on and off, I started running the couch to 5k in the January and after an initial STS for about 4 weeks the last half a stone just dropped.

I would also say just try and relax a bit, you obviously know the plan inside out with such a fab weight loss so far, trust yourself, stop being so harsh on yourself and you'll find that you'll get there,

but my advice is GET RUNNING lol xx

I was/am in the same boat, so decided to call my target at 8st 11lbs rather than 8st 7lbs as couldn't get any lower than that & was fed up with it! I decided to have Extra Easy days, rather than a mix of all 3 plans, with an added HexB if required & low & behold I started losing again! A little half a pound here & there, but still losing. I cant say I've increased my exercise, but I am keeping a record of it & aim to do a variety of cycling, powerwalking, cycling Tabata & jogging 3-4 times per week. I make sure I stay well hydrated with 3 litres of fluids per day, but most of all, I've chilled with it as it feels more natural doing EE & Im really enjoying it. My aim is still to be 8st 7lbs by the 3rd May, so Im keeping everything crossed it will happen.

So, thats my story & I hope I can encourage you to keep going, as it will come off, but maybe change things around a bit...eat your 15 syns per day, eat until full & not limit your portions, or just call target & see how you get on. Good luck with what you decide to do x

I was/am in the same boat, so decided to call my target at 8st 11lbs rather than 8st 7lbs as couldn't get any lower than that & was fed up with it! I decided to have Extra Easy days, rather than a mix of all 3 plans, with an added HexB if required & low & behold I started losing again! A little half a pound here & there, but still losing. I cant say I've increased my exercise, but I am keeping a record of it & aim to do a variety of cycling, powerwalking, cycling Tabata & jogging 3-4 times per week. I make sure I stay well hydrated with 3 litres of fluids per day, but most of all, I've chilled with it as it feels more natural doing EE & Im really enjoying it. My aim is still to be 8st 7lbs by the 3rd May, so Im keeping everything crossed it will happen.

So, thats my story & I hope I can encourage you to keep going, as it will come off, but maybe change things around a bit...eat your 15 syns per day, eat until full & not limit your portions, or just call target & see how you get on. Good luck with what you decide to do x

What a lovely post!

I understand! It has taken me since November to lose the last 1/2 stone, but now I'm 1lb away, keep going!!! :D

Well, I decided to do something that my C would frown on- I've decided to count calories this week to see if it is my calorie intake that stopping me from reaching target and have been on 1200 calories a day since Tuesday. I have come to realise that Food Optimising is an amazing plan, but I have reached the point now where it is only allowing me to maintain my weight and not lose. I think it was Holly's nan who said in a post that she has to stick to plan with no extras just to maintain her weight and I think that's how it's going to be for me too.
Actually, calorie counting has made me far more aware of how much 'mindless eating' I was doing on the SW- a handful of grapes here, a banana there, a Muller when I fancied something sweet etc
I know that once I'm at target, food optimising will keep the weight of for life but I just can't bear being so near and yet so far for much longer.

Same here! The last half is the worst! I was 1lb away from it in Feb :( I just keep puttin on one week and loosing the next! Hard work! Going to up my exercise this week and hopefully get a good loss next week x

I have calorie counted along side SW for quite a while, I think it can only be a good thing to be conscience of intake, but don't fret if you go over 1200 a day because the way I think about it is that my lifestyles now changed for the better from once probably earring 3000 kcals daily. + the more stress you put on yourself, your more likely to keep platueing. Not being critical at all just trying to help cause I've experienced it :p

I'm only 5lb away from target but the last few pounds are proving impossible to shift! I'm 100% on plan, and nothing major is happening!
I lose a pound, then maintain, then gain half a pound...arrggghh! It's so annoying! I've cut portion sizes, limited syns to an average of 10 a day, I've tried eating different meals so my diet is very varied. I exercise daily (nothing too drastic, but I go for a brisk walk for around 45 minutes in the evening).
I'm eating to suit my appetite- for example, a few days ago I went out for an Indian meal, and left half of my curry because I was full. I'm not eating out of habit but just don't know what to do! I haven't set a low target, in fact my target weight is just 1lb under the very top end of the healthy BMI range for my height.
I would be so grateful for any tips or advice on how to get these last 5lb off!

Hey LardyLady

Well done on being really close to target and well done on your fab loss this week too :)
Its always that little bit harder when you are close to target and I know SW isn't about calorie counting but one of my biggest eating habits was that I'd eat too much so I tend to keep an eye on my calorie intake too to ensure I'm not eating too much for the sake of it.....

Heres my thread if you remember posting on there.....

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ge-daily-calorie-intake-slimming-world-2.html

Last time I did SW and was really close to target I found mixing up the plans and having different healthy extras each day and different syns helped jiggle things up abit.
Also do you exercise? It might be worth upping the game a little to see if that helps things too and last but not least the Success Express plan is always a good boost too.
Here is the sticky if you're interested......
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/200528-success-express.html

Let us know how you get on with it. It's so exciting when you get close to target and I wish you all the best.

Love Stacey xxxx

Hey LardyLady

Well done on being really close to target and well done on your fab loss this week too :)
Its always that little bit harder when you are close to target and I know SW isn't about calorie counting but one of my biggest eating habits was that I'd eat too much so I tend to keep an eye on my calorie intake too to ensure I'm not eating too much for the sake of it.....

Heres my thread if you remember posting on there.....

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ge-daily-calorie-intake-slimming-world-2.html

Last time I did SW and was really close to target I found mixing up the plans and having different healthy extras each day and different syns helped jiggle things up abit.
Also do you exercise? It might be worth upping the game a little to see if that helps things too and last but not least the Success Express plan is always a good boost too.
Here is the sticky if you're interested......
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/200528-success-express.html

Let us know how you get on with it. It's so exciting when you get close to target and I wish you all the best.

Love Stacey xxxx

Ooh yes, I was disparaging of counting calories so I apologise for that! :eek:
I'm going to give Success Express a good go this week and see if the last 2lb comes off that way.

Ooh yes, I was disparaging of counting calories so I apologise for that! :eek:
I'm going to give Success Express a good go this week and see if the last 2lb comes off that way.

Thats ok Hun :)
Good luck with your loss this week I'm sure you can do it. I know scan bran is not the best tasting stuff but that might help too as I've heard it can boost your weight loss.

Let us know how you get on xxx

Definitely do success express, I've been struggling for months two weeks on Success Express I got target tonight! (Only lost 2.5lb over two weeks on SE but for me that's amazing because I was so close to target it felt like losing the last little bit was impossible).

Back