so sad I cheated (food talk)

sonya81

im so down because i cheated a bit this weekend. I have been on LL nearly 2 weeks and was so pleased when i lost 9lbs in my first week. so this weekend i was feeling stressed out looking after my daughter on my own - that i grabbed a slice of cake and a handfull of crisps in the night.
I want to get back on track - should i up my excerise this week or miss a few food packs - i think i had about 400 cals on my binge !!!
:mad:

Thanks laststraw - my tummy has be grumbiling from the unhealthy food in my system! maybe this was the kick i needed to remind myself that reaching out for food isnt the answer and just makes me feel worse. I will stick to the packs and do some more excercise today!

LS is right - do NOT miss your food packs, you need the nutrients they contain. If you feel you want to increase your exercise then that's fine but please don't do too much.

Don't stress either, a few extra calories as a one-off are not going to set you back far; it's what you do next that will make the difference. When you fall off a bike as a child do you give up the idea of ever being able to ride again, or do you just get straight back on and keep trying until you get it right?

Simples..

Put it to the back of your mind and move on, seems simple but its the only advice i can give, the sooner you get back on the 4 a day, the sooner you'll get back in ketosis and the weight start to fall off again!

The most important thing is to forgive yourself. If you are an emotional eater (like me!) then beating yourself up for having a lapse can make things worse and those ever present thoughts "oh one more won't hurt now I've had that" can very easily take over.
So use it as a lesson. Why did you feel you needed to eat as a form of release? And how can you stop it happening again?
Most importantly, draw a line under the whole episode and make sure that you get back on the programme. Just think how you felt when you lost that 9lb. And you can and will do more!

B x

Back