So sad.

Hi
Im new on here, but have had pcos for 16yrs that i know of, i also have the hair prob and have lost 6 and a half stone last yr but hair still a huge prob especially on my face, i get it waxed but im tempted to try the electrolisis.
rosebud

Hi
Im new on here, but have had pcos for 16yrs that i know of, i also have the hair prob and have lost 6 and a half stone last yr but hair still a huge prob especially on my face, i get it waxed but im tempted to try the electrolisis.
rosebud

Well, as you may have guessed, I'm LOVIN the electrolysis! lol! I'm getting there slowly but surely. Mainly because I'm too much of a woose to let her work on me for longer than 30mins at a time! If I could, I'd let her do it all day until the area was cleared!

Its been about 9 weeks since I started getting it done, and I've only noticed one hair she's done before starting to come back. But it certainly looks alot weaker. Fingers crossed! :)

Well, as you may have guessed, I'm LOVIN the electrolysis! lol! I'm getting there slowly but surely. Mainly because I'm too much of a woose to let her work on me for longer than 30mins at a time! If I could, I'd let her do it all day until the area was cleared!

Its been about 9 weeks since I started getting it done, and I've only noticed one hair she's done before starting to come back. But it certainly looks alot weaker. Fingers crossed! :)

ClaireCat, can I ask you about electrolysis as you are a pro:) I've been given an appointment for my first session next week in the morning. I want to go to work afterwards but will my neck be red and noticable? Also, I shave in the morning- is it ok to have shaved before I go or is it best to have some stubble:eek::eek:

I know the salon could probably answer my questions but I am a bit embarrased to ask.

ClaireCat, can I ask you about electrolysis as you are a pro:) I've been given an appointment for my first session next week in the morning. I want to go to work afterwards but will my neck be red and noticable? Also, I shave in the morning- is it ok to have shaved before I go or is it best to have some stubble:eek::eek:

I know the salon could probably answer my questions but I am a bit embarrased to ask.

If you can leave it for 2/3 days without shaving it because they need to be able to see which direction the hair grows so they can insert the needle into the folicle.

I get 15-20mins on my face each time and it does go red and bumpy afterwards for a little while. The redness goes away after a few hours, but it can scab slightly over each hair folicle that was treated, so I usually end up with slight redish bits for a few days after, like (excuse my comparison) if you've picked a tiny white head and its scabbed over. Does that make sense?

By all means shave afterwards before work if you're not getting all the hair treated, thats what I do! And noone ever notices the red bits at work, or at least if they do, they never mention it - and trust me, thats not like them! lol!

Let me know how it goes! :)

Crazy what plan are you following? If it's sw, I'd love to be apart of your journey and make sure we both hit target :) as for the hair, I'll tell you my experience.

I had awful hair on my face- I used to epilate my face and then used to cone our with awful spots because of it. I used to have awful ingrown hair too :(

But since dec 2006 I started IPL.. And I would recommend it to anyone who can afford it. If anyone is in Manchester I can recommend you to one and you'll get a 10% discount.. They are fabulous. I have never been to anyone since and my face looks like a woman now! And my skin is a million times better because I'm not poking it, plucking it, prodding it.

I shave, but the hair does not come back thicker as people told me. And as I lose weight, I hope the hair on the rest of my body will ease off now.

Chin up darling.

Back