So shocked and upset

Hi Sarah,

Good to hear your mum is there to comfort you during this very painful time for you.:grouphugg:

Stay strong!

Thinking of you.

Love Mini xxx

Yikes.. I'm sorry hun.. that's awful :( What a huge shock... *hugs*

Everyone else has given great advice so far, and I don't think I can really add to it, except to say that I'm just learning the meaning of "things happen for a reason" so maybe once it becomes clear what the reason is, it'll help you move on *hugs* for you xx

Hi Sarah, the same thing happened to me a few years ago. My partner of 14 years decided that he didn't love me anymore and wanted to split up. The thing is that he told me 2 days before Christmas when we were staying with his family in the Isle of Man. I had no family of my own around me and stuck with no way to get home. Needless to say it was the worst christmas I have had in my life.

We had previously had troubles and had almost broken up but I honestly thought that we were working things through and were getting back on track. Thing is he didn't, and instead of talking to me about it he was talking to another woman!

Anyway I'm sounding bitter here, and the thing is I am really not. Of course it was tough at the time, I went through hell and back - selling the house, finding somewhere new to live (with a friend sharing a flat - I agree with Irene, don't move home unless you absolutely have to) and splitting all our possessions.

Now I am single and having an absolute ball. I barely think about my ex and I am enjoying my life and my independance. It will take a while but I have faith that you will be ok.

((((Hugs))))

:grouphugg:
sorry you are going through this, im sure that after it stops hurting that you wll realise that you are far better off without someone who would do this to you.

sil

Oh Sarah,

I'm so sorry to hear that, like the above postings say, take time out for yourself. I too had a similar thing happen and thought my world had ended but am now, a year on with a lovely respectful man who I wouldnt trade for the world and I'm not half as gorgeous as you x

I send you a big big empowering virual ***hug*** xx

Hi Sarah,

Just agreeing with everyone else really.

It's good news that you may be able to stay in the house and as for everyting else just take each day as it comes.

Your probably gonna cry a shed load of tears but each day will get a little easier and then 1 day you'll realise that you havn't cried at all.

We never know what life will throw at us and what lies round each corner.

Take care hun

Jo xx

huney, hope ur doing ok, i agree with the above posts, cry as much as u want and take ur time with the next step in life. ur only 27 and such a beautiful girl, u deserve someone who will treat you right. thinking of u, xx

Sending you lots of HUGE :grouphugg:hun. xxx

Bumping this up so we can support Sarah today

Sorry to hear your news but as someone else said as one door closes another door opens. If its any help I am nearly always online and my msn log in is [email protected] add me if you like im always good at listening!!

Hugsxxx
Everchangingme

Hey Sarah,

There is hope chick - you might not think so right now, but it's there. I promise. Just over a year ago I went through something similar and at 26 thought that was it for me ... doomed to a life as a spinster!

Without boring you with the details the result of the break-up has been that I am now with a man who adores me and I love him to bits. I too had to rent a room in the house out and now have a great new friend who is also my lodger.

Try and stay positive (I know it's hard) but this is the time you need to focus on yourself and it will get better.

Chin up - and anything you need just give us a shout xx

Sarah,

I have just read your post and just wanted to add how very sorry I am to hear about your situation.

Sending you loads of hugs.

Kerry-Ann

x

Hi Sarah - just read the thread and wanted to say how sorry I was to hear your news. Sending you lots of hugs and hope each day gets easier for you:grouphugg:Vxx

Morning everyone, and thank you so much. Ive gone into work today, thought it might help me to keep busy. My lovely little brother stayed at mine last night so i could try and get some sleep, it helped a little although i must have only got about 4 hours with all the tossing and turning - im not used to having a bed to myself!I dropped some stuff of at my husbands mums yesterday that he will need for work and i also got the door keys back, she said that he wasnt there but i suspect that he was hiding in another room. I really hope that he will soon understand that we have to talk about financial stuff, the longer he leaves it the worse its going to get.I dont feel too bad today, tearful but thats probably because ive had to tell my work colleagues, i still dont think it has sunk in.Thanks for all your great advise and for being there everyone xxx

Big hugs to you Sarah, thinking of you hun xx sj xx :hug99:

Back