So sick of doing this now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I weighed myself this evening and I am 200.2lb, exactly the same as I was when I started on sunday.
Since I started four days ago, I haven't had one day when I felt ok or normal.

Sunday: severe hunger, alarming weakness

Monday: same as Sunday but worse, period of extreme malaise lasting about an hour and making me wonder if something was seriously wrong. Nearly passed out when I was in a shop.

Tuesday: First day back at work. Weak and wobbly and very hungry. Mental confusion and inability to string a sentence together when talking to customers. Awful taste in my mouth.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday but with another period of malaise, worse than the one on Monday. Splitting headache.

I haven't fallen asleep before 4am since I started either, which isn't helping any.

I don't really know how to describe the periods of malaise, I guess they are similar to severe 'flu- aches and pains, weakness, nausea, light headedness.
I have lost my mental acuity, I can't seem to spell and I tried to do a straightforward sum in my head earlier and simply couldn't do it.

I know everyone says it gets better by day 5,
but time seems to be going much slower than normal. Sunday seems like three weeks ago!

I am having severe 'food cravings' at the moment, but not in the conventional sense.
It's weird, I'm not actually craving any particular food. I have a Galaxy muffin and two Dime bars in the same room as me and I have no compulsion to eat them whatsoever.
I do however see them as 'medicine' that will cure me of my self imposed illness.
Although the idea of eating is actually unpleasant to me at the moment, I know that if I put the muffin in my mouth I will feel better, probably in a matter of minutes.
Not an indulgence then, but a means to an end.

I am beginning to question the suitability of this diet for someone such as me who doesn't want to lose very much weight.
I can see the logic of giving yourself a week long illness if you have a lot to lose, and under those circumstances I think it would be worth it, but for me I don't think it is.

What's stopping me from eating the muffin then?
I really don't know. The hope that I will feel better tomorrow perhaps, or the reluctance to let Pippa down.

Maybe I'm just too stubborn to admit defeat.

I hope I'll feel ok tomorrow and if I do I will continue, but I'm not prepared to suffer a minute more, and if I feel bad tomorrow, I'm going to get myself out of ketosis.

I have reached a point where I don't give a rat's *ss about losing weight as long as I stop feeling ill :(
Is there a preferred way of coming out of ketosis?
Will I feel even worse if I come out of ketosis suddenly, or should I just eat normal meals?

I weighed myself this evening and I am 200.2lb, exactly the same as I was when I started on sunday.
Since I started four days ago, I haven't had one day when I felt ok or normal.

Sunday: severe hunger, alarming weakness

Monday: same as Sunday but worse, period of extreme malaise lasting about an hour and making me wonder if something was seriously wrong. Nearly passed out when I was in a shop.

Tuesday: First day back at work. Weak and wobbly and very hungry. Mental confusion and inability to string a sentence together when talking to customers. Awful taste in my mouth.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday but with another period of malaise, worse than the one on Monday. Splitting headache.

I haven't fallen asleep before 4am since I started either, which isn't helping any.

I don't really know how to describe the periods of malaise, I guess they are similar to severe 'flu- aches and pains, weakness, nausea, light headedness.
I have lost my mental acuity, I can't seem to spell and I tried to do a straightforward sum in my head earlier and simply couldn't do it.

I know everyone says it gets better by day 5,
but time seems to be going much slower than normal. Sunday seems like three weeks ago!

I am having severe 'food cravings' at the moment, but not in the conventional sense.
It's weird, I'm not actually craving any particular food. I have a Galaxy muffin and two Dime bars in the same room as me and I have no compulsion to eat them whatsoever.
I do however see them as 'medicine' that will cure me of my self imposed illness.
Although the idea of eating is actually unpleasant to me at the moment, I know that if I put the muffin in my mouth I will feel better, probably in a matter of minutes.
Not an indulgence then, but a means to an end.

I know where you are coming from totally as I am having the same symptoms as you and feel exactly the same way. This is my 2nd restart and I can't remember for the life of me the 1st time being as bad as this. I am not to sure what to do either, to be honest I am thinking about going back on the sw plan. I really don't know what to do. So i know where you are coming from and hope we both feel better soon.

out of interest how much weight do you still have to lose? I have around 3 stone. as I want to get down to 10 stone.

Why not consider the 790 or 1000 plan? There's still structure and you'll still lose weight albeit just a little more slowly.

yeah it hink a foodplan maybe better if you are suffering that much then work your way down to ss, but dont give up stick with it, im on day 3 today so am felling a bit hungry but not much. try not to weigh yourself either i found it hard but was nice to do it with my advisor once a week using same set of scales

Awww, don't give up. There's a thread from me almost exactly like this around somewhere when i was in your position. I'm now on day 6 and everything is so much better. Obviously, don't get ill from it and you're probably right to "give up" if it's making you that ill.

Don't forget though, you know how drug addics are potrayed in fillms and on TV when they are suffering from withdrawal symptoms??? That's you right now!!! You've cut out the wonder drug that is food - Carbohydrate in particular.

I almost fell asleep in lectures last week (ok, tbf they were on eukaryotic gene expression and cell cycle), have been napping every day, and the immense sickness i felt on days 2,3,&4 kept me hovering above the loo.

There are so many of us going through this with you right now, please take strength from us.

Good luck, and i really hope you feel better soon xxx

The first week is always the hardest but once you have got to Day 7 and have had weight loss then the rewards are worth the effort you have put in!

If you had a high-carb diet prior to starting CD you will have worse carb-withdrawal symptoms, unfortunately.

I did low-carb for four full days prior to starting CD SS and I had no problems at all on CD.

Hang in there, it gets easier!!

I have been doing 790 for two weeks now, perhaps you could try that instead of CD?

I agree with the others....don't completely take yourself away from the food, as this clearly isn't making you feel any better. Try one of the other plans first, before switching to somethingelse completely.

Hope you feel better too Nessa.
I am on day 3 today and thankfully so far for me I haven't had any problems, apart from waking up absolutely gasping for a drink of water - I drink at least 5-6 litres of water a day!!!!

CD makes us thirsty!!

I wake up in the middle of the night wanting water too!

Doctorbeat
When i first did CD i was like you , but what happens on a VLCD your mood will drop , and you said you could not do the sum , well thats normal thats what VLCD do . I did stop CD cos i was at breaking point and missing food too . But i always new i'd go back to CD and yes here i am again , first 2 days was hell with a headache and day 3 i was recovering and yes i did feel hungry but you know i'm ok now and i feel well inmyself and not hungry and i'm just going to carry on . Just see how you go , only you can make your mind up which way to go . But the things you are saying there i had too . Good luck !

I get unreasonably thirsty too!!!
How weird is it waking up with a bursting bladder and gasping for water, you'd think that the body would compensate!!

BTW, great tip for teeth - Eucryl smokers toothpaste.
Its a tooth powder, i usually use it once a week but i find it makes my cottonmouth go away for hours and my teeth dont feel gritty anymore. WOOP!

Bicarbonate of soda is good for teeth whiting but i'd only use twice a week and make sure you rinise mouth area well ! Happy Smiles :)))))

hehehe, thats what they used in the 1900's too!

i use that too leah and its heaven. im not on CD but i am a smoker lol.

doc, if i were u i would definately do 790 or 1000. i passed out on day 4 of my SS restart (totally self inflicted but still scarey) and hubby hasnt let me stay on the plan (not that its his choice...just that his concern was so great and that mattered more to me). i should have done one of the higher plans to start with. im doing SW now but wish i had been sensible enough to start on a higher plan.

i hope u start to feel better soon. if it needs to be aided with a chicken breast then so be it! xxxxx

Thanks everyone :D

I have actually been supplementing with a few hundred calories of no carb foods (cheese and turkey breast) so I am doing something more similar to 790 or 1000, the only difference being that I have been doing it throughout the day rather than in one meal.

I feel ok at the moment, and have stuck to the plan.
I still maintain that I'll be quitting if I have another bout of extreme discomfort like I did last night, but hopefully that won't happen.

If I do so, it will be a premeditated act to rid myself of these symptoms, not 'giving in to temptation'. I have no desire to eat and no cravings.
In fact, last night when I was seriously contemplating giving up, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to eat and I couldn't think of any food that I fancied.

I'll let you know how I get on...

The symptoms do pass! They are not a permanent feature!

It is just your body adjusting to the new form of nutrition!

Hang in there! You are stronger than that!

Good Luck Doctorbeat.

Try and limit yourself to one meal if you can, or how about measuring out a portion at the beginning of the day and turning to that when you feel the need?

Worth a try?

Come on - you can do it. I'm struggling today so I know how you feel.

Every day we do this is a day nearer to our dream of being slimmer and healthier.

I would say good luck, but it's not about luck, it's about determination and looking ahead to a happier future.:)

Well, it's just a simple case of whether the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.
Sure, I'd like to lose my beer gut, but there is only so much suffering that I am willing to tolerate in order to do so.

So far I have managed to convince myself that it is worth it, so I have stuck to the plan.
But, I have decided that if I feel rotten again, it will no longer be worth it, and I will obtain a pie and I will jolly well eat it :D

Don't worry just yet though, I feel perfectly fine at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back