So so cold!

LauraZee

Hi everyone!
I'm sitting at work and am constantly moaning about the temperature in here, it feels freezing!!!! The air con is showing 22 degrees but I still feel cold to the core!
I know it can be a side effect of ketosis so was jut interested to see if anybody else notices this and if it has stopped when they have finished/come out of ketosis??
xx

I remember feeling really cold when I did exante last year, it was a little annoying but I saw it as a sign I was in ketosis. I remember when I gave up exante I stopped feeling cold. I am now on day 12 of S&S and still don't feel cold, I'm pretty much always quite warm. I just don't think I am in ketosis still! I have no idea why because I have stuck to plan.

Yep - I'm always cold. My husband thinks we live in a sauna!

Ok nice to know I'm not the only one, but it's awful!!! I have to wear a uniform so no way I can wrap up warm. It's like I feel a draft around my neck and legs. My hands are freezing too!!
I've just cranked up the temperature in here by the time they notice how hot is I'll be going home and they can't moan at me lol!!!

Can you wear thermals underneath perhaps?!

Thermal sound good and also move as often as you can without being deemed completely insane. I get up and swing my arms around if I can to help my hands.
I dont always feel really cold but if sitting still yep. Can you cuddle a hot water bottle at times just to warm up.
It does go once you come out of ketosis. So best to stay feeling cold as ketosis is what you want.

I am glad this was posted. I am so cold. I am not a cold person, I am always a warm person- NEVER feel the cold or have cold hands. This morning I was shivering- and havent been able to warm up all day. in my pjs and hoody as i type under a blanket with the fire on!! x

Ok do I guess it isn't just me! Yesterday I took so long to warm up it took hours! I sat at my desk wearing my colleagues red leather gloves the other day!!
I might take a hot water bottle for my lap, even a blanket.
The other problem with my office is me and one other woman are always cold, the other women are at the stage where they get hot flushes so you can't please us all!! I just take the selfish stance and crank up the air con while they're not looking!!!
Going to do star jumps and see if I can source some heat tomorrow!! Just had a scorching bath, will prob be cold in 5 mins!!! x

Nope, definitely not just you - before starting on SnS i was NEVER cold but as soon as ketosis kicked in i've been freezing ever since - by the time i go to bed at night i'm like an ice block and have to wear me warm pyjamas and a fleecy pair of socks and it still takes ages to get warm - it's like the exact opposite of pre SnS. Still, on the upside, being menopausal, i haven't had a single hot flush since i've been like this :D

EvieT said:
Nope, definitely not just you - before starting on SnS i was NEVER cold but as soon as ketosis kicked in i've been freezing ever since - by the time i go to bed at night i'm like an ice block and have to wear me warm pyjamas and a fleecy pair of socks and it still takes ages to get warm - it's like the exact opposite of pre SnS. Still, on the upside, being menopausal, i haven't had a single hot flush since i've been like this :D

I've been freezing as well, hands especially. I work with 2 men who just think I am mad when I say it's cold! Love the idea that this has cancelled out your hot flushes!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Definately! The other day I was sitting right under the hot-air con still complaining ... everyone said I couldn't still be cold... until I touched them!... of course though that started all the 'your not eating right' talk... blah

On the plus side... hopefully the weather will warm up again soon, i've only ever done ketosis based diets in winter - so with summer around the corner it might be a nice side effect in a few months? :D

I'm in a conference call and just realised nobody else is coming so I've cranked it up to 23 :D positively toasty but anyone who walks in will think it a sauna lol!!

I always keep a hot water bottle at work to keep toasty Brrr! Essential! If it gets really bad emergency fleecey socks too

Lottie, I've just got on from seeing to alpacas and it was soooooo cold. Heating bow turned up and I've swung my arms around and jumped up and down a bit and a hot drink. So much better but there's some men in white coats at the door and oh no my husband is letting them in. So "I might be gone sometime" that was about freezing cold wasn't it? Sorry for silliness

Back