1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

So syns.. should I be using them?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by scfc419, 10 February 2014 Social URL.

1. scfc419

scfc419 Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey,

I need help.. my daily allowance is 15 suns, I'm following extra easy plan.
    I have calculated my syns for the week and I have around 40 left. Should I be using them? Should I reset them every week?
    I have syns when I need them (like today I had a massive "can't be bothered" day and had a ready meal for 6 1/2 syns) but most of the time I find I can do just as well without them,
    Any advise would be great...
    Thank you in advance

~ Vicky

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs.S.

Mrs.S. Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Vicky,

They're there to be used, so make sure if you want them, you're using them.

They always reset for a fresh week, don't carry them over.

Some people like to save some syns and use them after their weigh in. Maybe for a takeaway and some chocolate (whatever is 'your' thing), but you don't have to!

Try to use at least 5 a day so as not to feel deprived x

4. lardylady

lardylady Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st10lb(46.21%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World: Green Days
    If you need them, use them and if not, don't!

Mini likes this.
  5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

At the start of your weight loss journey you should have 12-15 a day, so that as you lose weight you can drop syns if you need to and have perhaps 5-10 per day....

Mini likes this.
  6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So what did you used to eat before, how did you gain the weight? Do you feel like you are missing out on say a nice bar of choccie? do you like mayo/tomato sauce with your meals?

Mini likes this.
  7. scfc419

scfc419 Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks all...
    Well, before, I am a snacker! I used to go work, snack, come home, snack.. so I wouldn't make "tidy" meals. I would easily start a packed of Malted Milk and eat the whole packet by the next day.
    I've stopped all that and have started making everything from scratch and filling up on pasta/rice/potatoes and eating a lot more 0% cottage cheese / beans instead of tuna with a pile of mayo - or something and gravy...
    My downfall I think was sauces and snacking.. both of which I have now stopped. I try where I can to make everything syn free unless I have 50% less fat coleslaw and count the syns by 100g weights.

I live on my own, so I guess I just got into the habit of snacking instead of actually making meals myself... which resulted in the weight I am now, but I'm determined to change!

Week 1.. weighed this morning, lost 3 pound. So I will reset my syns today and save them for Friday as I have a Valentine's meal with my boyfriend. But I will make sure from now on I try to use at least 5 syns a day as a rule unless I know there is an "event" in the calendar I know I may need to use more than 15.

Thanks for all your input.. I am grateful as I'm going this alone! :)

Mini likes this.
  8. mumpsimus

mumpsimus Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.99%)
    Well done on your loss! :)

9. Mrs.S.

Mrs.S. Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Super loss! Well done xx

10. scfc419

scfc419 Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks all, v.happy at the moment with progress :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.