So today I tried...

jarym

Lapex BCS aka laserlipo. Its a non-invasive form of releasing fat cells - more info here.

What made me do it? I was curious. I hate the idea of any type of surgery but seeing as this was just some boxes placed on my stomach it felt more like a treatment than a surgery. However, I was nervous - I don't like spas.

How did it feel? Didn't feel much, a bit warm around the areas where the lasers were placed.

Results? Lost 2inches around the waist in about 40 mins.

How does it work? By forcing the cells to release their contents into the lymphatic system.

Upsides: Great for releasing pockets of stubborn fat. When I lost my weight last time around I got down to 10% bodyfat which was pretty healthy but what fat I did have was concentrated around my waist. Hopefully I won't have that problem this time around.

Downsides: All this does is release the contents into the fat cells back into the body. They go to the liver and if you don't exercise and have a reduced calorie diet then it will just be deposited in fat cells elsewhere. Also its meant to be 'safe' but the idea of having any sort of laser penetrating my skin and irradiating my cells doesn't feel like the brightest idea - I'll admit I'm a fool.

Would I do it again? Maybe, still scared about the long-term safety implications

Oh interesting. I'm like you in that I wouldn't like the thoughts of a laser penetrating my skin. So basically they are taking the fat cells from your tummy and putting them somewhere else? Nah, don't fancy that at all as the fat they take from my tummy would most probably end up in my ass! It would be like fighting a losing battle.

Well done on giving it a go, you're very brave.

Why can't there be any simple, easy ways of getting rid of those stubborn areas??? Believe me, I have plenty!

Just out of interest, what is the cost involved? I couldn't find a price on website.

The idea is that if you are exercising and on a diet then some of the contents of the fat cell will be released in urine (like with ketosis) and the energy will be expended by your body.

The website I linked to are the ppl who market the device in the UK (to spas and the like) so they don't advertise prices. For me, my first consultation was free and it included a session on this device so I haven't paid anything. I guess typical prices will be £750-£1500 for a course of 8 sessions.

Ooh, very interesting, I saw this on TV a while ago & thought it might be good for my ridiculously flabby arms! You're very brave though; the idea scares me quite a bit!

Hannah

Back