So, today's the day...

Rachel :)

Silver Member
Hello, I'm Rachel :)
Im a mum to 4 and I'm 33. I first joined this site calorie counting, then I tried cd and failed in 2 days :(. So I gave up on loosing weight for a bit. I needed to get my head straight.

Im meeting my consultant again today at 1:45. I'm excited to get going. Last time I tried it I just did it on my own, I didn't tell my partner I was doing cd but this time I have his support and he knows all about it. So I'm hoping I won't give in so quickly.

If I can just get over the first few days I know I'll stick with it. I've got loads of things lined up to keep me occupied for the next few days. We are going to a wedding on Saturday, I know there will be food there but I think I'll be ok.

I brought a new dress off eBay the other day in a size 14 and when I tried it on it was really tight. I was mortified! So that was my saving grace in a way. It finally got me in the right mind set. I've got a wardrobe full of lovely clothes I can't get into and I refuse to buy anymore in a size 14. I live in 2 pairs of jeans and a handful of tshirts. It depresses me everyday wearing the same clothes.

So that's a bit about me, I'm going to try and just sip water today until I see my cconsultant. I'll try and take some pics of me to :)

Lovely to meet you all x

Good luck sugar x this site is great for keeping u on track x

Thank you!

I just want to get started now :)

Just took these pics.

Will update later with my exact weight when I get weighed. Think I'm about 11st 6/7 maybe. I don't dare stand my scales!

f62d4774.jpg

d9dbb300.jpg

Not long from being back after seeing my consultant. I was weighed at 11 st 3lb. I'm starting on step 2 so I can have a meal with my children at tea time. I'm so worried about the effects of my yoyo dieting for the past few years will have on them so trying to keep things as normal as I can. I always have brekki after they are at school so that's not a problem lunch at weekends isn't a problem either as we generally don't eat the same time but we always have tea together so it means a lot to me to keep that normal :)

Just had my first shake

Feeling quite positive at the mo, onwards and upwards so they say!!! :)

Rachel :) said:
Not long from being back after seeing my consultant. I was weighed at 11 st 3lb. I'm starting on step 2 so I can have a meal with my children at tea time. I'm so worried about the effects of my yoyo dieting for the past few years will have on them so trying to keep things as normal as I can. I always have brekki after they are at school so that's not a problem lunch at weekends isn't a problem either as we generally don't eat the same time but we always have tea together so it means a lot to me to keep that normal :)

Just had my first shake

Feeling quite positive at the mo, onwards and upwards so they say!!! :)

Hi

I think I've posted to you on a different forum. Welcome!! I'm 13st 10lb as of last Thursday. I don't weigh myself during the week , only with consultant. I'd like to be a size 12.. Not sure what weight that will be. I'm I'm day 14 and loving it. My 3 year old daughter keeps asking why I'm having shakes all the time.. I've told her its to make my fat tummy go down.

Aww thank you. Yeah it's hard, I don't want my kids getting into my old habits lol

Have you lost much so far? Which plan are you doing, Ss? :)

Aww thank you. Yeah it's hard, I don't want my kids getting into my old habits lol

Have you lost much so far? Which plan are you doing, Ss? :)

Hi
I've lost 13lbs in 2 weeks. I'd have lost more but had to have a break between week 1 and 2 as I had a bladder irritation. As soon as it cleared it I was back on CDP.
I've chosen to do SS+ which means I can have a meal. My favourite so far is a chicken and prawns with mushrooms, asparagus and rocket. I use dry 'chicken spice' (glass jar) for chicken and paprika on prawns. You have to follow weights but I find it more than enough. I've also had omelettes.
Sometimes I've even missed my last shake as I was bursting!!
Good luck

Wow 13lbs that's fab! I'm praying for a loss that good :)

Im hoping that the little meals will fill me up to. I'm having mushroom omelette for tea :)

Wow 13lbs that's fab! I'm praying for a loss that good :)

Im hoping that the little meals will fill me up to. I'm having mushroom omelette for tea :)

You'll lose it really quickly too. It will slow down I'm told to 3-4lbs a week but that's great too isn't it. I'm fed up feeling flabby.. My arms were starting to look huuge and I could see a fat woman in my reflection so I knew it was time to do something drastic. I've had about 3 failed attempts at Slimming World this year alone.. It just didn't work for me being able to eat as much as I wanted.. because I did! Losing 1lb a week just wasn't enough!
Day 2 was the hardest on CD for me as I felt lethargic and headachy, so if you're at work tomorrow take some paracetamol with you. From
Day 3 onwards I can honestly say I've never felt as healthy in years! Just shows how much cr*p I must have been eating all these years!

Youve done great well done, thats a great loss for 2 weeks. Im only praying i get somethin similar. Im on the end of day 2. My.starting weight is 13,10. Have been drinking so much water i may as well take up residency in my bathroom lol . Im on step one sole source using porridge for breaki, shake for lunch and soup for tea.
Keep up the good work girls its great to heat everyone success stories really spurs you on!!

Keep positive Mrs. Mind over matter!! Lol

Kerry did you have the porridge yet? I only got 1 sachet as I wasn't sure if I would like it or not? What's it like consistency wise?

Yes im using the porridge for breaki so.it keeps me going. I have the apple and cinnamon which i find really sweet so i only had plain today but opened my choc shake packet and sprinked some into it and it was lush. The consistency is like ready brek, which im glad of as i dont normally eat porridge.

Oooh I love ready brek! Shame you can't sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar over it lol. I might try it in the morning :) thank you x

Kisaki said:
I love porridge, but I cant stand CD porridge! lol! Reminded me of paper mache paste with powdery lumps in it. Not that I've ever eaten paper mache paste, but i imagine they taste almost identical! lol!

Good luck with it hunni, I'll be keeping an eye on you :)

Porridge.. Yak. I've tried all of them but sadly find them vile! Not keen on the soups either except for Thai chilli, but I don't have them often. I seem to have narrowed down to choc shakes and mint choc, with a SS+ meal at dinner time. As I'm not hungry it's nice to have choc shakes as they feel like a treat. It's strange.

Yes the mint choc ones are lovely and the choc orange. As its only my first week i just took a selection as i didnt know what id like. But i think after my two weeks i think may go onto two shakes and a + meal, the shakes are the only things i look forward to having lol.

Have yet to try the choc ones. Might have one as a hot choc before I go to bed :)

kerrys86 said:
Yes the mint choc ones are lovely and the choc orange. As its only my first week i just took a selection as i didnt know what id like. But i think after my two weeks i think may go onto two shakes and a + meal, the shakes are the only things i look forward to having lol.

@kerrys86 just in case you didn't know you need to have your 3 shakes PLUS a meal I've been told. (by my CDC) Mind you, sometimes I'm so full I can't face my last shake.

Three? Goodness me, that seems alot as the shakes seem to fill me. Also make me feel a little sick after. Maybe ill take one as a hot chocolate before bed as i always crave choc at night. Thanks for spotting it :)

Back