So upset with myself

krupskaya

Gold Member
Hi all you lovely slimmers. I'm feeling really down as I'm sabotaging myself big time. I'm in my 17th week and have been binging throughout it. I had promised myself an easter egg for yesterday but didn't feel like I could get away with it (that means no choc since christmas) and instead I ended up binging on chocolate weetabix :break_diet:. Go figure. It would have been better if i'd just had the damn egg!

I keep thinking 'oh the week is a write off anyway, so I'll just have this' and so it goes on, with me getting unhappier and more desperate with every mouthful. Not much is going right in my life at the moment (get the violins out) but my weight loss was something I could get satisfaction out of. It's not a question of 'if' I get a weight gain this week it's 'how much'. And I've not had a gain since I started. Sorry to moan on but I just needed to get it off my chest :cry:.

Dont let it get to you to much youve done really well not to have any choc since xmas maybe you were just long overdue a slight binge. To be honest you may not have been as bad by havin the choc weetabix, at least in your mind you were tryin to go with the healthy option :). Start a new day with a clean slate :) without me being mean a gain will happen soon enough its just part of the experience and at least youll know why if you do, its worse when you dont expect it. You've done exceptionally well to last 17 weeks so if you gain dont let it get to you too much and get straight back into it, and sometimes the body works better with a slight binge to remind it your on a diet :) hope this helps chin up :) x

Dont beat yourself up so much. Ive always been ashamed of gains in the past but that is whats stopped me from properly losing weight. Dont get upset about a gain. You know its coming it might not even be as bad as you think. Try to find the reason why you binged. I know youve said you feel guilty about the egg. Do you feel like you have to deprive yourself of the things you enjoy to lose weight? Have you perhaps been too strict with yourself so far?

Explain what you mean by binging.

You can't have been binging & having a loss each week since you started.

Each Saturday night I have wine & chocs with MiL & can have about 40syns, I don't call that a binge I just incorporate it into my weekly syns.

Draw a line under it and start fresh now. Don't let it speak out of control like I have! Get back on track now! Them forget about it!

Dont let it get to you to much youve done really well not to have any choc since xmas maybe you were just long overdue a slight binge. To be honest you may not have been as bad by havin the choc weetabix, at least in your mind you were tryin to go with the healthy option :). Start a new day with a clean slate :) without me being mean a gain will happen soon enough its just part of the experience and at least youll know why if you do, its worse when you dont expect it. You've done exceptionally well to last 17 weeks so if you gain dont let it get to you too much and get straight back into it, and sometimes the body works better with a slight binge to remind it your on a diet :) hope this helps chin up :) x

Thanks Lauratrev, that really does help. As you say, at least I'll know why I've gained and it was going to happen sooner or later anyway.

Dont beat yourself up so much. Ive always been ashamed of gains in the past but that is whats stopped me from properly losing weight. Dont get upset about a gain. You know its coming it might not even be as bad as you think. Try to find the reason why you binged. I know youve said you feel guilty about the egg. Do you feel like you have to deprive yourself of the things you enjoy to lose weight? Have you perhaps been too strict with yourself so far?

Thanks Funky Munky. I tend to be a bit of an all-or-nothing person tbh and have found the last couple of weeks quite difficult. I think binging has been me rebelling against the tight constraints I had been putting on myself. I think I need to loosen my grip without letting go altogether. Mmmm...food for thought.

Draw a line under it and start fresh now. Don't let it speak out of control like I have! Get back on track now! Them forget about it!

Thanks Hannah, tbh I'm feeling better about it already. The fresh start is from today not next WI. And perhaps the gain won't be as bad as I think. In anycase I'll take it on the chin and keep going 100%.

Last edited:
Explain what you mean by binging.

You can't have been binging & having a loss each week since you started.

Each Saturday night I have wine & chocs with MiL & can have about 40syns, I don't call that a binge I just incorporate it into my weekly syns.

Sorry, forgot to answer you happy holidays. I didn't mean I'd been binging the whole time but just this last week (sorry it was ambiguous). My binge was just that - well over 40 syns and consisted of me mindlessly cramming in the food with little enjoyment. Not enough syns left to cover it...As I said in the previous post I feel better since posting here and getting all your thoughtful replies so have put it behind me as of today.

Thanks to everyone kind enough to have replied xoxoxo

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better....i had a meal out on sat with the girls from work. Fahitas....sticky toffee pudding...countless large glasses of white wine followed by countless glasses of vodka with red bull.

That should make you feel a wee bit better about the choccie weetabix!! :) Im currently avoiding the scales like the plague and munching on apples and countless glasses of WATER to detox haha xx

If it makes you feel any better....i had a meal out on sat with the girls from work. Fahitas....sticky toffee pudding...countless large glasses of white wine followed by countless glasses of vodka with red bull.

That should make you feel a wee bit better about the choccie weetabix!! :) Im currently avoiding the scales like the plague and munching on apples and countless glasses of WATER to detox haha xx

Sounds like you had a fab time though Bubbles. Can I come next time lol!

Haha we had a great time but i tell you...the hangover was NOT worth it! Im still suffering today..sitting here at work with a banging headache! I think me and wine are offically over haha xx

Yes, until the next time lol :D!

17 weeks and not had a gain at all in that time?? That's brilliant - and look at how much you've lost!!

You should be proud of yourself!!! What a brilliant achievement :D

I think the best thing to do is if you really want something, be it a chocolate Easter egg, a takeaway, or whatever, then have it. As long as it is an occasional treat, and not a regular occurrence, then you will still do really well.

I myself have had a whole Easter egg this weekend, not to mention the red wine and the Domino's pizza.

I'm back to being reasonably sensible as of now, and after next Tuesday (after the Easter/May Day hols) and I'm back to work again, I'll be getting stuck into Success Express with earnest! :D

My binge was just that - well over 40 syns and consisted of me mindlessly cramming in the food with little enjoyment. Not enough syns left to cover it...As I said in the previous post I feel better since posting here and getting all your thoughtful replies so have put it behind me as of today.

I understand now. All you can do is move on and get back on plan.;)

lolacola said:
I think the best thing to do is if you really want something, be it a chocolate Easter egg, a takeaway, or whatever, then have it. As long as it is an occasional treat, and not a regular occurrence, then you will still do really well.

This is what my C says and I find it quite helpful. If there's something just weighing on your mind and you can't stop thinking about your craving, then just have it, and enjoy it, and don't eat it without thinking, and then it will stop bothering you.

I've been pretty bad since thursday, my birthday, and then there was still lots of cake in the house and now I have one week left to do all my final uni work so times aren't great for me and SW. I'm just trying to get back into control and not hassle myself for not being perfect at this stressful time. At the same time I am fighting the urge to binge due to stress!

OMG im in the same position, I feel your pain, and im EXACTLY like you, for me its all or nothing. I cant eat bad things i.e. chocolate in moderation. This week for the first time in about 10 weeks of strict dieting have I gone off the rails COMPLETELY from Macdonalds, to subway, crisps, choclates.. pizzas chips you name it! But i'm determined to get back on track! Don't give up, we all need a break sometimes anyway. Maybe it'll re-start our metabolism, hopefully!

Thanks Mycroft. I've just got to face the music at tomorrow's weigh in, then I'm doing a 100% week with no compromise. Wish me luck!

OMG im in the same position, I feel your pain, and im EXACTLY like you, for me its all or nothing. I cant eat bad things i.e. chocolate in moderation. This week for the first time in about 10 weeks of strict dieting have I gone off the rails COMPLETELY from Macdonalds, to subway, crisps, choclates.. pizzas chips you name it! But i'm determined to get back on track! Don't give up, we all need a break sometimes anyway. Maybe it'll re-start our metabolism, hopefully!

Loads of us on here have had a bad week too. I really know what you mean about being all or nothing. But there's no way I'm going to give up - I'm just too stubborn for that lol! Good luck to you for your next weigh in - let's hope that metabolism is raring to go!

If you crave something so bad then have it otherwise it will keep building up :) you've done so well!

Back