So....What's for breakfast?

I swirl and use vinegar - my trick is to drop the egg into the middle of the pan so you get maximum swirlage to hold the white around the yolk. it'll move out to the side a bit and then drop in another (if you are doing more than one, obv)

Maximum swirlage!!!! Love it!!!

Thanks for all the tips!

Dry fried egg
bacon with the fat cut off
Muller light
Fruit

:)
I have the same every morning, sometimes i have my HEXB with it too

This is my first ever post, but just wanted to mention - if you don't have special poach pod things, you can make them by putting double layered cling film onto a pushing down slightly, cracking an egg in, then twisting and securing the cling film with an elastic band or sandwich bag tie. This worked really well for me and takes a tad less time! Not as pretty as those poach pods though. I do like those!

Esme. x

I just checked this method out (Googled it) & apparently it's the best & most failsafe method to poach an egg, except they say to just twist the clingfilm around at the top & don't bother tying it. 3.5 mins for the perfect egg apparently. Going to try it for my brunch (left it a bit late for brekkie now!)

What are poach pods?

Poach pods are little things you can buy from Lakeland that sort of float on the boiling water. I wanted to try to just twist the cling film aswell, but didn't want to risk it! They can be quite tricky to remove from the cling film - but if you give it a little spray with fry light and carefully snip it away it's fine. I really like the method and you could even put some herbs or other bits into the parcel. Quite nifty!

Esme. x

A bit late joining in but i Had for breakfast ,2 eggs omelette with HEXA cheese.
Scrummy ,have the same thing every day and don't need to eat again til after 2pm. Suits me

Few hours late but I had (at about 6.15 this morning!):
2 egg omelette with chopped up Quorn sausages
Baked beans

Yummy yummy and fills me up, have only had some grapes since and feel ok.

My "top tip" for poached eggs if you're doing them loose in the pan is to make sure they're super duper fresh - only 1 or 2 days old. The white tends to stay together the fresher it is

I had 28g of bran flakes. I'm easy to please!

Although when I'm off work I enjoy soft boiled eggs wtih toast soldiers (HExB and 1 syn for 1 tsp of extra light marge). Nyom!

Bacon and egg is also a good choice although if I'm going towards cooked breakfast, I usually eat it towards 11am.

My "top tip" for poached eggs if you're doing them loose in the pan is to make sure they're super duper fresh - only 1 or 2 days old. The white tends to stay together the fresher it is

I do them the way my sister does - add a splash of vinegar to the pan (you won't taste it) and stir the water around a lot before you put the egg in. Then the little whirlpool keeps the egg together.

I also break the eggs in to a glass then pour them in. I find it stops any accidental shell getting in!

I've been eating alot of poached eggs now I can't fry them (my pans aren't non-stick and fry light doesn't work for me with eggs!).

I love runny yolks! :gimi:

I had 2 slices ww bread toasted with cheese slices

however while we are on the subject of eggs can i pick your brains

Ive always loved eggs had them since being little, the last few times as soon as i eat it it comes back. I miss having them so my question is would you risk trying again or can you really develop an egg allergy at 30!

2 fried eggs and a banana for me. My father-in-law to be made me some wholemeal mixed with rye bread (he knows I'm slimming world so wouldn't have put loads of marge in it) but I'm too scared to eat a slice because I don't know how many syns it'll be. It would've gone nicely with my eggs, too!

Some of these sound good, i might try something different tommorrow :)

Dry fried egg
bacon with the fat cut off
Muller light
Fruit

:)
I have the same every morning, sometimes i have my HEXB with it too

That's what I just had - but fat free activia instead of Muller.

Yum.

:eat: Ive had 2 linda mcartney sausages (4 syns arrgghhh!)
3 slices WW bacon
1 muller orange yog and 1/2 a punnet of strawberries
STUFFED now!!!!!!!

Back