So what's motivating you.....?

For me it's a few things
I really don't want to pass on unhealthy eating habits to my daughter, and really hope she doesn't ever have the weight problems that have plagued me, my Mum and my Grandma. As she's only 17 months, I'm determined to get to a healthy weight and then be able to join in healthy meals with her (before we get to the 'why are you eating something different Mummy' questions).

I've had enough of being fat. I'd kind of thought it was just part of who I was, but am learning that it's not. I'm determined to stop hiding behind it, and do the things I really want to do (like doing a 45 mile cycle ride later this year... something I would not have even been able to contemplate at ~22 stone)

I want to be healthy. My Dad died young and his Dad before him, and I want to do everything possible to actually look after myself, to be here for my daughter and my husband. It's taken me a while, some problems with anxiety & depression after Dad died and a lot of counselling to realise that I do need to look after myself and that my own needs are important. Now I've got my head round that, looking after my body is part of that and taking care of myself; so finally I'm in a place where I can do that, and hence I'm here losing lots of weight.

I'm also determined to get through this sticky patch I'm in at the moment, and fight through this 'I'm always going to be fat' voice that's going on in my head, and get rid of fat from my identity.
Feeling really excited about it.

My wedding in June! Also getting back into all of my old clothes and throwing away the cr*p that I've bought since putting on weight in effort to disguise my size.

I don't want to have knee joint pain because I have arthritis and when I climb the stairs they are painful. Also have had a bad back where I have put on so much weight. I also am a smoker so I want to cut back on that aswell with my electronic cigarette. Which will help my breathlessness. I just want to look after my body now. I have abused it for so long with junk food and smoking. I won't be able to give up smoking and do exante but I shall use my electronic cig and cut back on it.

My motivation is: a wedding in April, a holiday in august and most importantly for my son and my health. I'm fed up being 'fat and bubbly' and worrying about what I can fit into when I go out with my partner, I want to have a choice and be first on the dancefloor! It's day two and I'm feeling good! :)

I want to stop putting my life on hold. If I fancy jumping on a plane for a few days of sun I want to be able to do it!!

Sick of having a meltdown every time I get invited somewhere or get sent to sunnier climes :sigh:

Guess I'm trying to say that life is for living and I want to be part of that ;)
xxx

So many fab motivational drives peeps. Guess we all have our individual aims and they really help us to keep on track! Another one for me is going out and not having to fear what the chairs will be like in case I can't squeeze my bum into them (that includes plane seats too!) I did once stick a picture of Kylie in those gold hotpants on my fridge with a photo of my head on top of hers- that worked wonders to stop me raiding the fridge for nibbles!!!

Oh lord, so many for me. First, I am downright bored of being fat! I got married in July (nearly 6 months pregnant) and my photos are horrific. I had my baby 16 weeks ago and had such a terrible pregnancy due to being overweight, I got diabetes, high blood pressure (which led to pre eclampsia), I couldnt breathe, kidney failure, amazingly bad carpal tunnel...all of which can be linked to being overweight...and I swore blilnd that I would lose the weight once babs was out because I never want to jeopardise my health again. I havent been out in years with friends as I am so ashamed of my figure (I used to turn heads years ago..now I only turn stomachs...lol). I want my hubby to really, really fancy me. I am still wearing my maternity clothes and knickers..oh lordy! My waist is 44inches (I can remember struggling to find my dad some trousers in that size years ago) and the only belt that fits me is an asteroid one! Oh and i completely empathise with other women on here who say that they dont want to look back on photos on them with their kids and want to delete them...I have done this so many times already and its upsetting.

More_Rolls_Than_Sayers said:
Oh lord, so many for me. First, I am downright bored of being fat! I got married in July (nearly 6 months pregnant) and my photos are horrific. I had my baby 16 weeks ago and had such a terrible pregnancy due to being overweight, I got diabetes, high blood pressure (which led to pre eclampsia), I couldnt breathe, kidney failure, amazingly bad carpal tunnel...all of which can be linked to being overweight...and I swore blilnd that I would lose the weight once babs was out because I never want to jeopardise my health again. I havent been out in years with friends as I am so ashamed of my figure (I used to turn heads years ago..now I only turn stomachs...lol). I want my hubby to really, really fancy me. I am still wearing my maternity clothes and knickers..oh lordy! My waist is 44inches (I can remember struggling to find my dad some trousers in that size years ago) and the only belt that fits me is an asteroid one! Oh and i completely empathise with other women on here who say that they dont want to look back on photos on them with their kids and want to delete them...I have done this so many times already and its upsetting.

Haha @ asteroid belt! x

my motivation is me and my hubby want to start a family and to do that you need to be fit and healthy right? we have been trying for six months but with no luck so a total lifestyle over haul it is, also like many of you i dont wanna be the fat girl anymore i wanna feel fantastic xxx

my motivation is me and my hubby want to start a family and to do that you need to be fit and healthy right? we have been trying for six months but with no luck so a total lifestyle over haul it is, also like many of you i dont wanna be the fat girl anymore i wanna feel fantastic xxx

You didn't see embarrassing bodies clinic last night per chance? There was a lot of gen on how bad lifestyle choices can really affect a man's sperm count. Really worth thinking about!

ive said this before, but i have huge motivation for fitting into a nice dress for my birthday lol... and fitting into my nice old clothes which will feel new all over again haha

I hate Evans! I'm now 24 but a teenager should not have to shop in Evans while her friends buy trendy (cheaper) clothes from fashionable stores :( I have 2 young children so for that reason I want to be healthy, set a good example & not make them ashamed of their mommy.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Yeah i did watch it me and my hubby don't smoke or drink but i was on the injection for ten years so that's against us but all my totm are spot on every month just gotta keep trying x

slimmer bridezilla said:
I would like to not be the fat mummy at the school gates - to feel excited about what to wear for social events rather than worry what I can squeeze into -and to begin a 2nd pregnancy at a healthier weight than I've ended up at after number 1 -I'd like to have balanced relationship with food and demonstrate healthy eating to kids - I'd like to feel confident and attractive (dare I say sexy) again- I'd like to be 'normal' and buy clothes I like rather than just those I can fit in and look ok - I'dlike not to have to buy ugly huge bra's - the list is endless - but is something I should look at whenver I feel deprived to remind myself what it's worth to me to sort this issue out -although i know for me losing is easy it's maintaining that's difficult - so this has to be for life - sorry for the rant - thanks for the threadx

Wow you sound as if you are talking about me, I wish you the very best of luck you can do this!

I just remembered what my first serious motivation was, and I thought I would post it.

Not very long ago, I was on ww at the time, weighing in at just over 20 stone. Was sitting in the kitchen with some other people, including a couple of childrens nurses who I'm not greatly fond of (to put it lightly)

Eating away at my healthy lunch, they started talking about this woman in our town who knew every food delivery service in our area, she said there was like 70 odd of them (this woman knew exactly how many and their tel numbers and all) and I said, "does she eat out of them all.. must cost her a fortune?" and the woman said she reckoned she ate take out every day, turned round and said "Flip she's TWICE the size of Hannah"

...Complete and utter silence...

One of the other girls (a nice one whose not really a big girl, but she always battles to maintain) came up later on to check I was okay.. She was immensely offended by what the person said! I was more annoyed at her attitude towards both me and the other person she insulted.

Kinda kicked me up the ass a bit, not that I'd ever tell her that she in a way "helped".

My motivation is I don't want to be a fat Auntie:airquote: anymore.

And I'm tried of being FAT, I'm fifty next year and its time for a change.

Amongst many others and after making the mistake of wearing a skirt today....... Being able to walk around in a skirt without major thigh chafing!!!

TheCookieMonster said:
Amongst many others and after making the mistake of wearing a skirt today....... Being able to walk around in a skirt without major thigh chafing!!!

I always wear control shorts or short tights they come midway on my thighs and stop my thighs from chaffing whilst they hold in my very big tummy.

Back