So. Who would have thought it. My log....

mossyfern

Yes. Who indeed would have thought this lil old compulsive overeater would find herself here. I have been in recovery ... A 12 step programme for 4 years and for the last year the food has been winning. Sugar.

In desperation I thought of balloons, bands, hypnotherapy, and then decided the food gave me such pain I would take it out of the equation just to rest my head of constant food thoughts ..just for a short while. I have upped my meetings for recovery and plan to run them hand in hand with my vlcd.

I am on day three. I feel clear headed, light of foot and scared. Scared that this food is going to adequately nourish me. Who am I kidding eh. Like sugar does all those things?

I will post my first weigh in . For this week only I will weigh myself after day three a la LL and then it will be once weekly. Am off to a music festival next week so hope I can manage but I am pretty wel prepared.

Welcome:welcome: I look forward to following your progress xx

Good afternoon, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey mossyfern.

Well done for choosing Exante, if you give yourself 100% to this diet you cannot fail. For me, this has to be the best diet ever. I so wish I'd heard about it years ago! :D xx

Good afternoon, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey mossyfern.

Well done for choosing Exante, if you give yourself 100% to this diet you cannot fail. For me, this has to be the best diet ever. I so wish I'd heard about it years ago! :D xx

Thankyou. Today has been quite hard. I have had my three meals but have had to supplement it with half a sachet of soup. Felt ill with hunger so it had to happen. Sure tomorrow will be ok.

I am on day3. Is that usually a difficult day?

day three and four for me were quite strange in terms of feeling weak but through it now. you'll be fine!

Day 5 and my first weekend over with . The food smells are definitely alluring, I wonder if they will become more intolerable as time goes on...or more tolerable. I told my partner what I was doing, it was quite difficult as I wondered what he would think. But he was unfazed.
I feel ok! I weighed myself be ause that is heat I had planned to do on the first week only and had lost 3.5 lbs. I was ok about that. Will report back here Wednesday.
just been out to a function that had cakes,cakes,cakes. I went nowhere near them, and they didn't even wink at me. Yeah, I feel good. Optimistic. Not tired. Not particularly hungry. I acknowledge the bars call to me because of their sweetness.. Will have to watch that later on. Just wish the telcos ultra, slim bars were part of the plan. Bluddy delicious.

Good morning Mossyfern.

Well done on ignoring the cakes! Yes I occasionally treat myself to the ultraslim bars. At home they're in the freezer (last longer when I eat them frozen, I enjoy them crunchy too!) and I always keep a couple in my locker at work for days where I'm tempted to stray :D

Once this first week is over and you see how fab this diet is with your weight loss you will sail through it. It does get easier, honest!

Also I think you get into ketosis day 3 - 5ish which makes it easier too. Hang on in there :hug99: xx

Good morning Mossyfern.

Well done on ignoring the cakes! Yes I occasionally treat myself to the ultraslim bars. At home they're in the freezer (last longer when I eat them frozen, I enjoy them crunchy too!) and I always keep a couple in my locker at work for days where I'm tempted to stray :D

Once this first week is over and you see how fab this diet is with your weight loss you will sail through it. It does get easier, honest!

Also I think you get into ketosis day 3 - 5ish which makes it easier too. Hang on in there :hug99: xx

Awww thank you. It means a lot to have a response. I am so tired it is weird. Almost fall asleep as soon as I sit down. Guess I need to listen to my body. I am off to a music festival on Thursday and wondering how I am going to have the energy to pitch my tent etc., hehe.

My memory isn't that good (I blame my age!) but I think once you get into ketosis you also get a burst of energy too.

Ooooh enjoy your music festival, I always regret not experiencing those myself. My 2 boys seem to enjoy them :D xx

Ok first weigh in tomorrow. I may then switch to weighing myself every two weeks. absolutely terrified.....of what the scales will say. Why do I have no faith?

Ok first weigh in tomorrow. I may then switch to weighing myself every two weeks. absolutely terrified.....of what the scales will say. Why do I have no faith?

Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

3 and a quarter pounds. So much work, I could cry. Was it the coke zero or bouillon?

Oh hun, don't be despondent.... if you have a look through the diaries lots of people have experienced this. It could very well be the boullion, the salt makes you hold onto water which obviously weighs a bit. Look at it this way... you can't fail to lose real weight on this diet, it isn't possible if you stick to it. Carry on, 3 packs (extra one if you really need it in the early days) and drink lots of water, up to 4 litres if possible. The weight WILL come off but our bodies are all different and stubborn in their own ways. Hope you can hang on in there ~ post for help and support if you need to :Dxx

Good afternoon Mossyfern.

Sorry you didn't get such a big week one weight loss. Like Namaste says, maybe look at your water intake and up it if you're not drinking enough?
I didn't have the bouillon to start with, so can't offer any advice there.
Fizzy drinks? I don't know if you're having any but only coke zero or Dr Pepper zero are allowed.

But do please hang on in there, don't give up. You'll hopefully see a bigger loss for your week 2 weigh in. :hug99: xx

Good afternoon Mossyfern.

Sorry you didn't get such a big week one weight loss. Like Namaste says, maybe look at your water intake and up it if you're not drinking enough?
I didn't have the bouillon to start with, so can't offer any advice there.
Fizzy drinks? I don't know if you're having any but only coke zero or Dr Pepper zero are allowed.

But do please hang on in there, don't give up. You'll hopefully see a bigger loss for your week 2 weigh in. :hug99: xx

Thankyou both of you. Tonight I have tried to get my positive hat on but I feel a complete failure this week. Next week may be different, who knows....

Don't feel a failure hun, I'm sure you'll see a bigger loss next week. You've made a decision to lose this weight, and have already lost almost 4lbs.

So hold your head up and start sipping that water! :hug99: xx

Hi All,
Here I am back from the festival where I had one meal.... it was very difficult from a food point of view. So.. I decided not to weigh myself this week and give it a break. I got back on track quite easily. I gave away all the Coke Zero's at work.... I feel good and my clothes feel looser.Will let you all know.

well done

Day 15. I did Zumba on Tuesday but sstopped just after half way through as it was my first jab at exercise. Last night I swam 20 lengths ... I feel good today. . . Just wish I could work out how to mix my shakes at work as taking my trusty stick blender is too noisy. The bar at lunch doesn't really do it for me tbh. I am changing shape. My waist is smaller. My friend noticed last night. My skin is better with all the water. It's a noticeable difference.

Back