So why have I gone and done that???

Wannabeelovely

Silver Member
Hmmm - sometimes I really worry myself!!! I woke up this morning feeling positive and determined and ready to have a 100% in control day. I had my usual cereal, all weighed out and written on my tracker ... and then .... I had 2 hot cross buns!!!!! WHHHHHHYYYYYYY??????? What a stupid thing to do! Thats made me 5 extra points down on the whole day before 10am - grrrrr!!!!! I've had 11 points in total and I know I can pull it back (gonna be a long day!) but I just don't know why I do these things!!!! Does anyone else self-sabotage like this - out of the blue and for no particular reason?? Am I mad or just plain stupid????? :copon:

hey im sorry but u just made me laff out loud!! :D so im kinda glad u had ur two hot cross buns... and yes i started weight watchers this mornind and had my lovely weetabix with sweetener sugar and cant stop thinking bout what i can eat pmsl!! :D ive only been doing the diet an hour lol xx

I fully sympathise with you....it's so easy to go off track. Like you I went to bed last night and was so determined that I was going to have a 110% day....and like you I am at 11pts now. I have 13pts left for the rest of the day and I want to have a nice steak for dinner and baked potato.

Try and keep yourself occupied and away from the food....easier said than done especially when you are in the "zone". :eek:

hey im sorry but u just made me laff out loud!! :D so im kinda glad u had ur two hot cross buns... and yes i started weight watchers this mornind and had my lovely weetabix with sweetener sugar and cant stop thinking bout what i can eat pmsl!! :D ive only been doing the diet an hour lol xx

:D what are we like....food seems to be constantly on my mind these days. Is it because I know I am on a diet / change of lifestyle :)p).

It IS funny really isnt it Lisa? I just read my post again and even I laughed! I just typed it out so quickly and it really came from the heart - I just said what I was thinking as I thought it!!!!! I was sooo mad at myself for being so ..... me!!! Ah well, back on the horse!!!!! xxxx :D

I fully sympathise with you....it's so easy to go off track. Like you I went to bed last night and was so determined that I was going to have a 110% day....and like you I am at 11pts now. I have 13pts left for the rest of the day and I want to have a nice steak for dinner and baked potato.

Try and keep yourself occupied and away from the food....easier said than done especially when you are in the "zone". :eek:

I've got 13 points left for the day too! We must be twins!!!! I'm going to give the kitchen a good scrubbing now to keep my mind off food - hopefully the smell of bleach will blunt my appetite although I'll probably take the surface off the kitchen units I'm so frustrated!!!! I suppose I could have a great big chicken salad for lunch. I had planned a WW Quiche Lorraine (6 points) but maybe not eh? Booooo - days like this are pants aren't they?!!!!!! Hope you can hold on too Ladyvegas - keep plugging - we can do it!!! xxxx :D

hang on you three before you go and make a little gang.... have you room for one more in your self sabotage group. I Totally know where your coming from and yes the busier you are it defo helps but if part of your head is itching to get at that item in the cupbard then its very hard. But I guess for me Ive got to keep trying or I will have a sad, low self esteem life that could be shortened just because of the "quick fix" Lets hang on to hope and drink lots of water, no point veg soup and get back on track xx

by 5 last night i had 2.5 points left and was panicking big time,so went for a walk with hubby then came home had 2 cups of hot choc and 2 pink n whites,,2 .5 points and was thrilled i had passed the time by not eating!!

well all i can say is yum! well done u still have plent point left and if i was u i wouldnt worry! as long as u enjoyed it and u stick to what u want to with the rest of the day! i am now drolling for a bun too! x

lol! i know exactly what you mean-although my little binges/sabbotages happen in the evening, so i havent even got any points left to have whatever im having!
just think carefully about hwat your gunna have for lunch and tea now, and hopefully even with your 'devilish' treats you can stay in points-which would be fab! good luck
xx

I've got 13 points left for the day too! We must be twins!!!! I'm going to give the kitchen a good scrubbing now to keep my mind off food - hopefully the smell of bleach will blunt my appetite although I'll probably take the surface off the kitchen units I'm so frustrated!!!!

Did exactly the same - got out the Lemon Flash Spray and have sprayed all the surfaces and cleaned out some of the presses. Tried on some of my holiday clothes from last year - and they still fit. :rolleyes: When I get days where I feel crappy I always go and try on clothes in the wardrobe to see what damage I have done. And of course if they are tight then I get in a worse humour. Not going to let that happen anymore.....have a dress that I bought in a smaller than normal size that I want to wear on hols so that is my next little goal.

Well, I going to be honest here! I've well and truly buggered my day up. Having those two stupid buns has mucked my mindset up something rotten and now I'm feeling like an idiot and absolutely useless. If I don't confess it on here though, its going to drift on into tomorrow and the day after .... I recognise the pattern! After I trotted off to clean the kitchen (should have been the bathroom as far away from food as possible - soap doesnt have the same draw for me!), I munched my way through 2 bags of WW cheese puffs (2 points), 5 WW cakes (5 points), a big bowl of Ben and Jerrys Cherry Garcia frozen yoghurt (prob about 6 points worth) and 2 digestives (2 points). I had 13 points to use so I've shot over by about 2 points. Not the end of the world I know but its so psychologically damaging to feel out of control isnt it? Plus, I've got nothing left for tea or treats tonight. Damn, damn, damn!!!!! Looks like I'll be in bed by 6pm!
Hope you're all doing ok today and that you're all feeling positive? Keep up the good work girlies and DON'T clean your kitchens!!!! xxx

Last edited:
Well, I going to be honest here! I've well and truly buggered my day up. Having those too stupid buns has mucked my mindset up something rotten and now I'm feeling like an idiot and absolutely useless. If I don't confess it on here though, its going to drift on into tomorrow and the day after .... I recognise the pattern! After I trotted off to clean the kitchen (should have been the bathroom as far away from food as possible - soap doesnt have the same draw for me!), I munched my way through 2 bags of WW cheese puffs (2 points), 5 WW cakes (5 points), a big bowl of Ben and Jerrys Cherry Garcia frozen yoghurt (prob about 6 points worth) and 2 digestives (2 points). I had 13 points to use so I've shot over by about 2 points. Not the end of the world I know but its so psychologically damaging to feel out of control isnt it? Plus, I've got nothing left for tea or treats tonight. Damn, damn, damn!!!!! Looks like I'll be in bed by 6pm!
Hope you're all doing ok today and that you're all feeling positive? Keep up the good work girlies and DON'T clean your kitchens!!!! xxx

hun how many points are you on in total a day? and also when is your WI day? if i've got it right and your on 24, then have something light for tea soup or whatever, point it say it's 6 points and so in total you've gone 8 over, the next few days up until WI just knock off some points, say your WI is friday, then tomorrow and thursday just have 20 point days! :) means you would of still had 100% week and also you dont have to starve later lol, try not to eat more than 6 points for dinner, maybe chicken with salad? or something low pointed :) even a subway at 4 points will do :D haha :p good luck hun it's not over! don't throw the 100% week away by just going over one day you can make it up, i did on friday ate 11 points before 10am haha! end of day i had 20.5 , my allowance is 20 :) can be done xxx

Its this kind of honesty that we all relate to, Im sure we have all had days like this ..Mine was sunday but although i was well over my points by lunch time... did i stop? no i didnt and I just had what i wanted. Its not a good thing but its an honest thing and I think tomorrow you may feel in a better place to get counting those points. If you made boo boos in the past were we here to encourage you to keep trying? no , but we are now so forget today and write a menu for tomorrow and include someting you like with low points that you can nibble. I used to freeze a curly wurly that I had cut into 12 pieces, every hour at first i allowed myself one piece to suck on slowly and it helped curb a bigger craving... now its 6 weeks tomorrow since I quit all choc!!
Keep trying Tracey....it will be worth it x

Its this kind of honesty that we all relate to, Im sure we have all had days like this ..Mine was sunday but although i was well over my points by lunch time... did i stop? no i didnt and I just had what i wanted. Its not a good thing but its an honest thing and I think tomorrow you may feel in a better place to get counting those points. If you made boo boos in the past were we here to encourage you to keep trying? no , but we are now so forget today and write a menu for tomorrow and include someting you like with low points that you can nibble. I used to freeze a curly wurly that I had cut into 12 pieces, every hour at first i allowed myself one piece to suck on slowly and it helped curb a bigger craving... now its 6 weeks tomorrow since I quit all choc!!

omg this is amazing!!! i'm going to do this! :D thank you ... though knowing me i'd forget hehe, congrats on the 6 weeks without chocolate im on day 4 without it... I WANT SOME! lol :p dealing with just have the www chocolate mousse for now :) very yummy not like a real bar though hehe xx

hun how many points are you on in total a day? and also when is your WI day? if i've got it right and your on 24, then have something light for tea soup or whatever, point it say it's 6 points and so in total you've gone 8 over, the next few days up until WI just knock off some points, say your WI is friday, then tomorrow and thursday just have 20 point days! :) means you would of still had 100% week and also you dont have to starve later lol, try not to eat more than 6 points for dinner, maybe chicken with salad? or something low pointed :) even a subway at 4 points will do :D haha :p good luck hun it's not over! don't throw the 100% week away by just going over one day you can make it up, i did on friday ate 11 points before 10am haha! end of day i had 20.5 , my allowance is 20 :) can be done xxx

Thanks Smirky - that's really excellent advice! I'm still in SW mode when it comes to things like this cos, on that plan, you're not supposed to carry things over from day to day. I'd really not thought about having less tomorrow! I AM on 24 points and my WI day is Friday am so I have 2 days to pull it back. I have a WW soup in the cupboard so I could have that and maybe throw some free veg into it to thicken it up a bit. Thanks again hun - you're a star!!!! xxxx

include someting you like with low points that you can nibble. I used to freeze a curly wurly that I had cut into 12 pieces, every hour at first i allowed myself one piece to suck on slowly and it helped curb a bigger craving... now its 6 weeks tomorrow since I quit all choc!!

Thanks for that Maria! Thats a great idea! I will keep trying - I know I'll be glad I did! I'm going to go for it - and I'm going to plan my days out better so that I'm not caught on the hop again. I hate this out of control feeling - its just not worth it. Hugs xxxxxx

Thanks Smirky - that's really excellent advice! I'm still in SW mode when it comes to things like this cos, on that plan, you're not supposed to carry things over from day to day. I'd really not thought about having less tomorrow! I AM on 24 points and my WI day is Friday am so I have 2 days to pull it back. I have a WW soup in the cupboard so I could have that and maybe throw some free veg into it to thicken it up a bit. Thanks again hun - you're a star!!!! xxxx

great idea ww soup with veg and then you can even have some bread with it, say have 4 points tonight, that means 6 points over, but to be on safe side cause of ben and jerrys i'd just say tomorrow and thursday have 20 point days! :) save 4 each day and then you would have done 100% week and be fabulous for fridays WI :) good luck hun xxx

great idea ww soup with veg and then you can even have some bread with it, say have 4 points tonight, that means 6 points over, but to be on safe side cause of ben and jerrys i'd just say tomorrow and thursday have 20 point days! :) save 4 each day and then you would have done 100% week and be fabulous for fridays WI :) good luck hun xxx

My tea is just getting better and better!!! Thanks again Smirky!!!!!!! :D

Back