So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

Morning Dave,

pretty much any 100% meat ones, I buy the Milton gate range from Lidl, they are very low carb and cheap as well mate.

I used to get those Lolo, but my Tesco stopped stocking them, I'll have a look this weekend. Thanks

Jimmy's organic ones are low.I think 0.3g each. I get them in Tesco. Taste lush too :)

Morning Dave,

pretty much any 100% meat ones, I buy the Milton gate range from Lidl, they are very low carb and cheap as well mate.
My nephew has had great success on his Atkins diet and he swears by the meat products in Lidls' and Aldis' because there is such a terrific selection of tasty meat products including their Bratwurst sausages, now all the family insists he buys them. I also use them for a lot of things, I am using Xenical, as so many of their own products are lower in fat than other brands.

Hi all, just started on Atkins today but have been lurking here for a while, picking up all your fantastic tips and advice - and yes Jim I have a glass of water beside me as I type :eek:)) I have a lot to lose so will look forward to lots of support - but so far so good, she says cheekily after one day! All the best, Susie

Hi Susie, I answered your other post.

Joany, tell your Nephew to try the Bockwurst sausage as well, it a warm up in water one, outstanding.

Hi, thanks for the post. I am going to start atkins and I'm pretty nervous.I just bought the book that came out this year (I know a lot of people don't like it cuz it's not written specifically by him but it's the same and has more of the medical background in it). I'm really excited and quite nervous :)

Good morning everyone, well its Monday and its time for me to start the Atkins, I did this a long time ago whilst living at home my parents did it too .... i lost the most 1.5 stone in a very short time 5 or 6 weeks I think my parents also lost a stone each. I haven't done it in a while since then living with someone had a baby and he is 1 years old and I am getting married next year ... i have been on the cambridge last year and lost 2.5 stone but I LOVE food so now going to try this again!! any tips or advice please share its been a while PS - going to get the new atkins book later :)

Hi Melanie and welcome and good luck. Post away, we'll all be here to help.

Hey everyone :) i'm thinking of starting atkins today ... i have done a lot of research online and i'm planning on getting the book on my next shopping trip. I just want to know if I should actually do it? I know that sounds silly but i'll tell you why.
Im 12st 4 pounds and 19 years old. I have done weight watchers on and off an had some success but I am bored of it now. The atkins really appeals to me as I think I could easily do it. However I do love pasta and want to know if i will ever properly be able to eat it again? I know that sounds daft as you have to increase your carb intake at each stage but I just thought Id ask.

Also is it possible to do the first stages and then slowley introduce carbs yourself or will that just end up in weight gain?

Sorry for the million questions I'm just really interested!

after the 2 weeks or however long you do strict induction for you do eventually increase your carbs but you probably wont be able to eat pasta again until you get to maintenance.
I love pasta too but have learnt not to eat it. i prefer my atkins food :)

Hi Moonie, I've been on maint for a long time now. I do eat pasta, chips, bread etc... but I find I can generally only eat one carby item a day or I start to gain weight. I'm happy with that though really as I find the Atkins lifestyle suits me perfectly.

Okay thanks :) I think its worth a try and I think I can really do it. Another questions please .... can you have bacon as often as you want if it is not cured in sugar? or should i stick to just once a week? thanks :)

Hi Jim :) thanks that really helps! I think i could quite easily only eat carbs once a day .. or even only 2 times a week tbh. I just want to make sure I can eventually eat it again lol! Thanks for your help :)

Okay thanks :) I think its worth a try and I think I can really do it. Another questions please .... can you have bacon as often as you want if it is not cured in sugar? or should i stick to just once a week? thanks :)

I eat a fair bit of Bacon, I think the main concern was with the amount of salt in cured meats Moonie, more a health concern rather than a weight loss issue. Given the amount of water we drink on Atkins I don't see that as a problem.

Back