So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

Contemplating Atkins. I love food so VLCD are no good for me Is Atkins/low carb expensive though? I have a very tight budget - rice, pasta and potatoes are staples in my house as they go far and the kids eat them. And I love making my own bread.

There is no doubt carbs are cheap fillers, but the good thing I find about Atkins is you should buy the cheaper fattier cuts.

oh a newbie, welcome DA and tell us a little about yourself

Hi everyone, this is my third day on Atkins. Can anyone tell me if the headache, indigestion & feeling yuck on induction are the norm? If so how long will it last? I do so want to stick it out, I have already lost 1lb which would have taken me a fortnight on SW.

Edit,
May I say thank you for printing the rules Jim, It is somehow clearer than the book ..

Make sure your hydrated also. Not to put you off but the 1lb is probably water, once your over the adjusting phase, you will lose the weight and have energy!

ooh Doctor Atkins :D

4 days of induction this week and did 30 day shred every day

Quak what does the above mean?

Sorry for the duff questions but I really want to get to grips with this WOE

Hiya everyone,i have toyed around with atkins for months!! i have just been reading these threads and they are really helpfull.Ive wrote out my shopping list and im ready to go..im getting married in 3 weeks!!! i have currently lost 5 and a half stone and only need to loose 1 and a half to be at goal...I would like a stone off in 3 weeks if poss.Im working out hard doing a spinning class and an arobix class a day!! anyway.....i am going to do the mug counting veg method and keep all my meals clean and simple.Im gonna leave out the cream and jelly as i dont have time for a stall.I know if i count 3 mugs of greens it will be around 15g net carbs ...and i use the other 5 gs for things like mayo and sweetner? is that right? then i can also have my cheese allowance on top of that of up to 4g nc??

thanks guys xxx

The cheese carb content needs to be included in your 20g, not on top of it.

Well done on the tremendous loss so far!

:D thanks ..just got all my food ready for tomorrow..should i stay away from sugar free jelly and cream? i really will miss my cuppa tea xxx any tips to keep my sweet tooth at bay ? x

thanks xx

In my book yes

ok.thanks.

how does this sound for my first day

breakfast= bacon,egg,mushrooms

lunch=mackrel in olive oil drained..1 mug of lettuce and celery,2 spoons of mayo ..sprinkle of crispy bacon

tea= steak,28g of cheese.... cup of cougette and brocilli with some butter

that sound ok? x
thanks x

sounds great x

:D great stuff...thanks for the speedy reply!! having a great first day...not convinced i can loose weight eating this stuff!! just hope i can shift a few pounds in 3 weeks!! im getting married then so fingers crossed ill be a little lighter..

i know its mad isnt it ................ but it works !!! you getting married in 3 weeks ? x

a dentist !! sorry just the cream and jelly xx

Back