So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

im thinking of doing atkins to give my weight loss a boost. i do slimming world normally but i lose soooo slowly on it and i seem to be stuck. i did atkins years ago and lost a phenominal amount of weight and was the thinnest ive been since been a teen and not been as thin since. i dont want to follow atkins for life though, as i do find that sw works for me but due to pcos i lose slower the more i have to lose iykwim. so im wanting to get a chunk off to boost my confidence and then hopefully weight loss. i thought about just doiung the first 2 weeks again then switching to red days on the sw diet (which is similar to atkins in a few ways) so wont be a massive shock to my body going from no carbs to loads of carbs all of a sudden. do you think this would work?

I don't know to be frank Lou, Atkins is the only one that has worked for me is all I can say

I know for me, when i did more or less the same thing, although the extra carbs didn't cause any weight gain, my cravings went through the roof and i felt hungry all the time :(

OK Lou, keep us posted love

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been hovering around Minimins for years under another login - annaphylactic... did Lighter Life for five months and lost five stone, but have put 1.5 stone back on since I stopped in Jan 2009. Not horrendous, but not ideal!

Since then I have experimented with the works... Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Tony Ferguson, Diet Chef, good old fashioned calorie counting... but nothing seems to work for me. I am definitely an all or nothing girl, I love the feeling being in ketosis gives me and I believe and trust that it WILL work if I stick to it and don't sneak any naughties that will knock me out of the zone.

I have been eating low carb in the evenings for the last few days anyway, but today I have decided to start doing it properly again. I did Atkins about 10 years ago and managed to lose about 3.5 stone, so I know it works - so fingers crossed it will work again for me this time.

I have two reasons for wanting to lose weight - the first is for personal reasons, like anyone I want to be slimmer, healthier, wear nicer clothes, feel sexier etc etc.... but also for medical reasons. I have suffered with a bad back for the last year or so and have just found out (two days ago) that I have two worn out discs, two disc bulges pressing on my nerve and arthritis in my facet joints on either side. Boo hiss.... I am only 29 so it's all a bit crappy.

The surgeon I met with seemed to think part of the reason for this was being so overweight for a while (I was nearly 17 stone before I started LL), smoking up until Jan this year, and also genes. Damn genes.

Anyway - he has told me that losing weight it one of the priorities to help my symptoms (pain etc). Exercise is tricky because of aggravating it, so I have been trying to figure out the best way of eating to strip some fat.

So here I am - sipping on my black coffee with splenda, having munched on a three egg/2 rashers of bacon/half a tomato omelette... quite excited about what is to come. Wish me luck! :)

SD x

Hi SD, are you going to start a diary? That's where most people post and read. Good luck and welcome

Thank you! Hadn't thought about starting a diary as on other boards they can get forgotten a bit but this Atkins one looks busier so have reposted this over there... will keep updating it... :)

Your losses are incredible Jim - I am sure you get this all the time, but serious congrats on the dramatic changes you've made - a great inspirational success story :)

x

Hi SD, your story is spookily like mine! I've been on Atkins almost 2 weeks now and feel a different woman and quite a few pounds lighter too :). Will start a diary and we can follow each other's progress. Good Luck and keep posting. Jayne x

Cool, will keep eyes peeled for your diary thread x

Hello,
I thought I ought to introduce myself, instead of lurking and just reading everyone else's posts.
I'm on my first day. I've got roughly 2-3 stone to lose. Until I get the scales out later, I'm not entirely sure how heavy I actually am.

If I can do this, I feel anything is possible. To have control over my own body and what I put in it is the start of everything, and i'm really hoping that I will feel healthier and have more energy as well as have a far more positive body image as a result.

Welcome Tuffy, why not start your own diary in the diary section, and post what you're eating and how you're feeling - there will be lots of people responding with advice :)

Hi, welcome and what Susie says ^

can i have any of these an if so how much.
carotts, sweetcorn,tomarto,soy sauce,skimmed milk, any fruits?

so can u av no milk on induction

dont like cream, ill av to get a small full fa milk, so full fat milk wont take u out of kitoses

Back