So....

Sauce

Nearly there...
There are lots of posts where people are talking about struggling, battling their apetites and cravings etc but nothing (that I've stumbled across) that's people sharing how they're coping, or general coping strategies.

I know a lot of people are spurred on by the scales, I also weigh myself daily - as soon as I get up, post-pee!! But just wondering if anyone wants to share with us what's keeping them going? What gets you past 'not' eating?

For me, it's the fact that I have decided to join the plan, I have decided that I will get to the weight that will make me smile each morning when I look in the mirror - not grab my belly, then suck it in, then breath out, sigh :sigh: and then miserably get dressed. I can see that nobody, least of all myself, will gain anything by me going off-plan or cheating (unless of course you count my CDC whom I will give another £42 at least... :jelous: suckerrr!!)

So, that's a start as to what's keeping me motivated. And what's keeping me on-track and ignoring every pesky food-thing and person trying to bat me off-course.

Anyone else care to share??

I sustained a serious injury to my back in February and, whilst I can't exercise, the one thing I can do something about and which will make a huge difference to my long term recovery, is my weight. The fact that I can already get into clothes two sizes smaller than four weeks ago and I am generally feeling so much better about myself are just some of the fringe benefits.

My head is in exactly the right place to do this and i am determined to succeed.

C x

I sustained a serious injury to my back in February and, whilst I can't exercise, the one thing I can do something about and which will make a huge difference to my long term recovery, is my weight. The fact that I can already get into clothes two sizes smaller than four weeks ago and I am generally feeling so much better about myself are just some of the fringe benefits.

My head is in exactly the right place to do this and i am determined to succeed.

C x

Good for you, and good luck x

This forum keeps me going and the people on it, I find as soon as I have a blip I shy away from her in embarrassment

Shy away from 'here' or 'her' chick? It keeps me going too, and very often I find the answers I need. And hopefully as I go on, I'll be able to answer other people and help them. I'll probably be on plan for another 6 weeks or so - but then who knows, I could well be here longer than that if I find myself stumbling. In fact, I may pop back here anyway as I think it's a really amazing site with some lovely people here x

Well my inspiration is a bit different.

I am very proud to be the owner of "heartbreak in Nevada" or Vardi for short. He is nearly 5 years old, and is currently being trained for me by a professional Western Trainer.

He comes back to me at the end of September so two things;

Trainer only weighs 75 kilos and I want to be the maximum of 5 kilo's heavier when I first sit on Vardi (I think an extra 30 kilo's may just give him a bit of a shock!)

I want to compete in Western competitions and am hankering after a lovely pair of soft suede cream chaps which would look horrendous in a size 22!

Here is my Inspiration he is the spotty one on the left
vadiandhisbestmatemac.jpg

aww hes lovely.

when i'm struggling i either make some chicken or i know your not suppose to but it keeps me off the real thing i play around with my pack making either icecream or muffins.
also i find sipping water helps or making coffee.
but the best thing is remebering the prize remembering i'm doing this to be slim.
i weigh daliy to and it keeps me going.

There are lots of posts where people are talking about struggling, battling their apetites and cravings etc but nothing (that I've stumbled across) that's people sharing how they're coping, or general coping strategies.

There is no one strategy, one has deal with different situations as they arise. For example, when people are eating around me ( my family) I go out of the kitchen.
If I am having a bad time in the evening, I tend to go to bed early and sleep it off.
I go walking to exercise, so it all varies with people, their moods and situations. I am glad you have brought this up, it will be interesting to see what others come up with.:D

I was struggling so much not that very long ago and everyone on here was so supportive! Now I'm on Day 6 and I'm coping quite well :) My top tips:

* I go on the forum as often as I can. It means my uni work doesn't get done though so I will have to limit this (the minimins allowance, not the uni work ;) )
* I look at my thin pictures. 8 years ago, I was a size 10 :eek:
* I email my husband! He can't always reply but he does whenever possible.
* I call my mum ;)
* I daydream about this Christmas when my family will see me again (they live abroad) thinner and healthier :D

It's only Day 6 for me so I'm sure in the long run I will find other things to help me cope! I can't keep calling my mum or it will cost me $$$$ :eek:

My goal to lose weight was not how I looked as I was happy with myself - mine was to get healthy and enjoy a healthy balanced diet once I have retrained myself.

I love food - which is why I am here but my habits were bad and my portions too big so I want to get in to the habit my friends have and they are gloriously thin.

They eat all day...not three meals but 6 little meals, small bowl or porridge with fruit or yogurt and fruit for breakfast (mainly berries as low in carbs)

Fruit and Veg snack mid morning.

Salad with chicken or tuna or egg or prawns (or if they are treating themselves mackerel in tomato sauce)

and then some lean protein and vegetable for dinner.

However they do sometimes eat things like brown bread sandwiches or brown rice or pasta with their meal so they can have things they like.

And they do treat themselves once a week - however they do exercise half an hour every day - even if it is a half hour brisk walk!

Navada1706.....your horse is beautiful!! your so lucky :D

What keeps me going is knowing how i would feel if i gave up, im starting my 4th week tomorrow and my weight losses so far have been great. I know how difficult that first week was and how grumpy i was... dont think i could put my boyfreind through that again!;)

I seem to have gotten into a good routine aswell with my shakes and porridges and my body has reacted really well which i am surprised about. i think i only have around 3 weeks left on SS+ then will move up to 810 and 1000 which i am really looking forward too and will also mean i can start exercising again!!!

The compliments i have had have been such a boost for me aswell, i work in the motor trade so there are lots of men around and they tend to notice, my BF has been incredible and comments every day on how well im doing which is amazing. This time on CD has also really given me the chance to look at my eating habits a lot more and i have discovered moderation!!! who knew??;) i am really looking forward to trying out new healthy recipies and getting back to some spinning classes on the higher plans.

Only downfall if you can call it that is none of my clothes fit... going to have to hit New Look soon and start looking at the size 12's omg!!!
xxx

Thanks everyone. I totally realise that there is no 'one size fits all' with coping but I'm sure there are lots of things that we can all relate to.

i think every copes in their own way, its the only way you CAN do CD really, find your way to get through it and go for it.. every one struggles at some point, some people dont say anything and just get back into it asap..

i think its good to set mini goals then the BIG thing doesnt seem THAT bad, thats my way of doing it anyway..

minimins is a brilliant forum for support and when you feel like your loosing the will to do it, it seems to bring me back down to earth and make me realise WHY im doing this,,, i will not be a fatty on the beach, i will loose the wiehg tto make my asthma easier to cope with..

good luck xx

My goal to lose weight was not how I looked as I was happy with myself - mine was to get healthy and enjoy a healthy balanced diet once I have retrained myself.

I love food - which is why I am here but my habits were bad and my portions too big so I want to get in to the habit my friends have and they are gloriously thin.

They eat all day...not three meals but 6 little meals, small bowl or porridge with fruit or yogurt and fruit for breakfast (mainly berries as low in carbs)

Fruit and Veg snack mid morning.

Salad with chicken or tuna or egg or prawns (or if they are treating themselves mackerel in tomato sauce)

and then some lean protein and vegetable for dinner.

However they do sometimes eat things like brown bread sandwiches or brown rice or pasta with their meal so they can have things they like.

And they do treat themselves once a week - however they do exercise half an hour every day - even if it is a half hour brisk walk!

i'm a natural grazer and eat all day and not meals but my problem is when i'm not dieting i eat all day on the wrong type of things. when i was on sw i would graze all day and get quick weightloss but my problem was chocolate used to make its way into things.

It's sneaky, that chocolate stuff, isn't it! ;)

I sell all my larger sized clothes, that now don't fit me, on ebay and pocket the money to buy new holiday clothes!

I also cook for some strange reason lol! Sometimes play on the Wii or DS and maybe if I'm desperate do some work!

i'm a natural grazer and eat all day and not meals but my problem is when i'm not dieting i eat all day on the wrong type of things. when i was on sw i would graze all day and get quick weightloss but my problem was chocolate used to make its way into things.

This is me as well! when I'm not dieting I don't eat much at meal times but graze and pick at things some good but some not so good and chocolate - I love the stuff.

Back