social event help

charmed79

Ok next saturday I have got a date one I would be crazy to turn down, it been a while. Now I'm on day 6 had a mishap yesterday but woke aiming not to give up n back on track I hope, but date night i am going to find challenging n nervous......please please can any onr give tips.:'(

Is it someone that would understand what you're doing. If it is, then you can explain that you are very seriuos about your change of habits at the moment and that you will happily drink tea/coffee/water while they eat or you could suggest you just meet for drinks, then you drive and drink water all evening. Just make sure to pass on the lemon slice.
I have found it just un nerves others that we are not eating and they feel bad for eating in front of you.
If you are going to break for a night i'm not sure you can discuss what you can eat on this thread, as we can't mention foods here.

Last edited:
At the works Christmas party, I phoned when I knew they were just starting their meal and said I was running late and to carry on without me, I arrived just as dessert was over and had a fab time chatting with everyone after the meal. If this is a 'Date' as in a 'Date' you don't want to be late obviously, so maybe as suggested already just ask if you can meet for drinks then only take water as you are driving.

Ok next saturday I have got a date one I would be crazy to turn down, it been a while. Now I'm on day 6 had a mishap yesterday but woke aiming not to give up n back on track I hope, but date night i am going to find challenging n nervous......please please can any onr give tips.:'(

I had something like this on my Day 2, it went ok for me though, I just mentioned that I was on a diet as part of research with my local pharmacy and I had already eaten my limit for the day. Just drink lots of black tea and it will fill you up, thats what I did. And the fact that it was hot made me feel warm and kinda like I was joining in in all the hot food thing going on.

If not I would say just make it a drink date first until you go into re-feed, because you definitely wont want to mess anything up. That person should understand you anyways and realize what you are doing is a great thing!

Good luck with it!!

J xox

Back