Social Events - HELP

Hi all!
I’m a newbie to the diet and to the forum and really need some help!
I’m aiming to do SS throughout to try and get this extra 6 stone shifted as quickly as possible. However – I have weddings and hen parties coming up…
Would I be able to do SS+ just for a couple of days to get through these weddings and hens? Does SS+ kick you out of ketosis?
Having done LighterLife before and gone to a wedding without eating at all, making a shake in the loos and downing it, I know that I can’t cope with doing anything of the sort again this time round!
I need to be able to join in and take part this time, but I don’t really know what I can eat, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you :)

HI hun you can stay in ketosis on SS+ ive done that all week + stayed in ketosis. The foods your allowed is listed in the CD starter book, if you haven't been given one ask your cdc for 1 its reallu good at explaining all the stages x

SS+ is fine. You will stay in ketosis so long as you keep your carb intake low and eat mostly protein like meats and fish. Even higher fat meats like red meat won't knock you out of ketosis but will be higher in calories. Avoid any alcohol aswell because its dangerous to drink when in ketosis, if you want to drink you will have to come off completely.

Thank you so much for your help guys, makes me feel much more confident about the future!!

Have any of your done LighterLife before? I still have some of the broths leftover and wondered if I could use those up at all?

I've bought some of the ketostix today so that I can monitor where I am and what I can and can't do...

I shall have a read of SS+ for my social weekends then :)

I did LL when i was 18 (so 5 years ago now) and from what i remember yes u can use your left over LL packs instead of CD packs as they've still got all the nutrients + vitamins u need in + are also low carb (as with any ketogenic diet) so it won't affect ketosis. Sorry for the brief reply earlier was on my phone, on laptop now. If u havent got the SS+ allowance list give me a shout + ill list the things u can have! So what day are u on then + how are u finding it? Uve done LL before so u obvuisly know what to expect... doesnt make it any easier though does it lol. Well done for having to courage to start hun + hope you sale through 1st few days in to ketosis! I have a wedding a week tommorrow to go to + am having planned day off, will have been 3 weeks then so just want to enjoy the day (not go mad) + get straight back to SS the next day. Looking foward to my day off but hoping its not too painfull getting back into ketosis lol atleast when u have your SS+ days u wont have to worry about that x

Weird - I did LL when I was 18, which was also 5 years ago!
Thanks so much for your support - I hope I'm still as optimistic as you when I get to 3 weeks!
I woke up with tons of energy today, power marched my way to work and feel on top of the world!
I absolutely had to start this again, I have a lot to lose but if I don't lose the weight I can't imagine what other things in my life I'd lose out on, I guess you just have to focus on the end result, I so can't wait to be able to wear a plain fitted white t-shirt.
Nice to know that someone else is in the same boat re weddings, it seems that everyone I know is getting married over the next couple of years and I can't just go and not take part, I'd feel rubbish, so SS+ it is then! Lucky James (my partner) who'll be getting all the extra spuds off of my plate!

Back