solidarity...

ColJack

Gold Member
I think it's highly unfair ( of mother nature ) that the ladies in the group have a monthly excuse / reason that lets / makes them gain a little bit..:cry:

It makes a lot of them unhappy in the group so to give them moral support I'm going to have 1 week off plan a month and eat kebabs and drink beer.. :):D

I'm going to call it my "moon week", since the ladies have "star week" ... :)

That is so cheeky - dont forget to have a major mood swing :):D;)

Great idea...............................................

am wondering whether there might be a flaw in the plan though.....................................

there is a 'reversal' in the * week where it all comes back off again. How are you intending to get rid of the kebab/beer etc etc ?????

Gail x

I think it's highly unfair ( of mother nature ) that the ladies in the group have a monthly excuse / reason that lets / makes them gain a little bit..:cry:

It makes a lot of them unhappy in the group so to give them moral support I'm going to have 1 week off plan a month and eat kebabs and drink beer.. :):D

I'm going to call it my "moon week", since the ladies have "star week" ... :)

and don't forget the griping tummy pains, the discomfort and as has been said the mood swings. Oh, and how about being the first man to have a baby.

For you for your moon week lol.......:kissass:

Any excuse for a beer lol !!!

I beg your pardon! :p For most women it is not an excuse but a real problem complete with bloating, cramps, migraines and mood swings. So there! ;)

(For your plan to be effective I'd just say make it two days or so, lol) ;)

Men also have a hormonal cycle which can result in water retention etc it is just that effects are not so pronounced. So there :p

I beg your pardon! :p For most women it is not an excuse but a real problem complete with bloating, cramps, migraines and mood swings.

All of which is also caused by copious amounts of beer... it also makes us really bad drivers...
there must be lots of estrogen in beer then... :)

All of which is also caused by copious amounts of beer... it also makes us really bad drivers...
there must be lots of estrogen in beer then... :)

And yet statistically men are more likely to have accidents, it's still women who have the bad rep!!

I wish star week did involve eating kebabs and drinking beer. Sadly it's more like crippling pain, passing out and throwing up (whoever said i'll grow out of suffering so badly was wrong!). And then to top it off, all the men who don't suffer the same dieting set-backs get to benefit from their own faster metabolisms burning off fat much quicker, losing weight quicker than we can - and it's still the men saying it's not fair!!!

you can't say that men are more likely to crash than women because that's like saying women are more likely to watch Jeremy kyle*..
more men drive than women and of those, more men drive for a living so they're on the road longer..
if you only drive to and from work for 20 mins each way you've a lot less chance to have an accident than if you drive around for 8-10 hours a day..
when in a relationship, a good part of the time the man will be the one doing most of the driving when you are out together..

* since there are more stay at home moms than there are stay at home dads there's a higher likelyhood that more women watch than men..

That doesn't make what I said wrong though, statistically men will have more accidents (for whatever reason, and yes they are on the road more) - yet it is still women who have a bad reputation for driving.

Sorry, but it just annoys me that we're just expected to always take the mocking for an unfounded reputation for bad driving. I know men get ribbed for having bad reputations for things too and I don't agree with that either - I just find any sterotypes offensive and usually wholly incorrect.

It is a fact that I drive better than my husband, less accidents and less road rage, and he watches much more TV than me, including Jeremy! And it is my husband that works whilst I play Mum and more recently play Student too lol

Oooohhhh you are treading on thin ice with this thread!!!!!

You do know you are well out numbered here, don't you?

Its well documented that men can lose weight faster since they carry more muscle naturally. Men were designed to be lean, fit hunters, we were designed to be 'cuddly' home makers and baby makers, hence the phrase 'child baring hips'. Which I certainly have lol.

Oooohhhh you are treading on thin ice with this thread!!!!!

You do know you are well out numbered here, don't you?

Its well documented that men can lose weight faster since they carry more muscle naturally. Men were designed to be lean, fit hunters, we were designed to be 'cuddly' home makers and baby makers, hence the phrase 'child baring hips'. Which I certainly have lol.

I have the exact same hips but without child- I must be doing something wrong!! :p

That doesn't make what I said wrong though, statistically men will have more accidents (for whatever reason, and yes they are on the road more) - yet it is still women who have a bad reputation for driving.

Sorry, but it just annoys me that we're just expected to always take the mocking for an unfounded reputation for bad driving. I know men get ribbed for having bad reputations for things too and I don't agree with that either - I just find any sterotypes offensive and usually wholly incorrect.

Hear, hear !!!

:roofles:

*chucks spade to coljack

:cool:

He sure needs it !!

ever wish you hadn't started something??

Poor chap lol !!

I have the exact same hips but without child- I must be doing something wrong!! :p

LOL !!!! It is very easy to put right. Now settle down and let me explain about the birds and the bees :)

Oh Jack.........engage brain before opening mouth !!

Poor soul. You have the perfect excuse, you are just a male......simples !!!

hugs.

Back