Solution to Slimming World Plateau?

Carvs

Hi

I started Slimming World 20/04/2010, since then I have lost 2 Stone and 10lbs, I am VERY happy with that loss, and since I'm a 6ft 2in man (relatively muscular from working out a lot for the last 10 years) I'm thinking that I am pretty near my target as I've gone from 17st 9lbs to 14st 13lbs.

Here's my question, have other people approaching their target found it really hard to make any progress? I seem to have plateaued at the moment. I'd like to lose another 4 or 5 lbs and call it a day, then start the 'maintaining game'. I'm VERY active and am involved in lots of sports, which I think is the reason for my success. However, while I'm on a roll, I don't want to declare target until I feel a little leaner, also I'm worried about putting it back on, so I'd rather trim up just a bit more.

Have people got advice for those on a plateau and those who are very near to target? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carvs

Well done Carvs, what plan are you following? Ive been doing SW since March 2010, only lost 3llb, strict vegetarian, and following the green plan. I also love my training, try to change your routine, for example try a diffrent method, kettlebells, interval training..I change my routines every 4/5 weeks,or even training diffrent times of the day as this approach 'tricks' your body its doing something diffrent, I train 2x a day, and do a power walk of 5/6 miles 5 x a week. I am really struggling with losing weight, but give it a try and see how you go. good luck. Take a look at sky active channel 281

I have been on the extra easy plan for the most part. It seems to have served me well. I have finally come to rest at a target now, I lost a few more lbs since I last posted on here and have decided to call it a day in terms of actively trying to lose weight is concerned. I wouldn't mind to further 'trim up' and work on getting a little leaner, but to be honest I don't think I have any more weight that I could easily lose; I'm now at about 14 stone 5lbs in the morning and around 14 stone 7lbs - 10lbs in the evening. If I keep the same exercise programme going then I imagine I'd lose another 2lbs or so but I'm guessing over a long period. My BMI still comes out on the heavy side, but that accounts nothing for muscle mass and the fact that I am fairly broad. All I can say is that I've gone from an XL to an M in most things.

Thanks for your advice on tricking the body etc. I think I will give some of that a go. I guess the reason why I was finding it more difficult was because I was very close to where I need to be and it is harder when you're there. Slimming World as be a total success and complete revolution for me.

Good luck Louella with your fitness etc and thanks for the response.

Back