Some advice please...

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by xsarahx, 18 May 2010 Social URL.

1. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I am currently using some old scales - not digital - and I find them quite hard to use. They seem quite unsteady, so much so that I take a photo of the weight and then have to zoom in on my camera to see what it says!

My Dad has some amazing digital scales - the ones which measure body fat and loads of other things. I was wondering if I should switch to using this, so I weighed in on this and it has me at about 7lbs heavier than my original scales say I am! Ahh!!

What should I do? I think it would be best to move to the better scales, but it would be ssad to see my weight go up! I suppose it doesn't change the fact that I have still lost the weight - I just would have started at a higher weight?

Any thoughts? :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yeah I'd get a new set or use your dad's. I got a fab set of amazon the brand is salter and it measures body fat, water %, bone mass etc.
    I wouldn't worry about being heavier, it's better to know your true weight hun.
    x

4. gonnagetslim

gonnagetslim size 14 here I come

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    8st11lb(38.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What gems said :) it is frustrating when your a higher weight than you thought but like you said you have still lost the weight :D just make sure you stick to the set you choose cos I find it really de-motivating when different scales say different things xx

5. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Oh how depressing..... my new weight, according to the good scales, is 230.2lbs. Oh well, it doesn't change the fact that I have lost 21lbs since I started, and so I will just adjust my stats to show a starting weight of 251lbs.

6. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    dont worry about it sarah its just a minor set back, you are doing great hun so just carry on as normal and you'll get their soon enough

7. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Don't feel too down about it, your doing so well!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.