Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Some advice please...

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by xsarahx, 18 May 2010 Social URL.

1. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I am currently using some old scales - not digital - and I find them quite hard to use. They seem quite unsteady, so much so that I take a photo of the weight and then have to zoom in on my camera to see what it says!

My Dad has some amazing digital scales - the ones which measure body fat and loads of other things. I was wondering if I should switch to using this, so I weighed in on this and it has me at about 7lbs heavier than my original scales say I am! Ahh!!

What should I do? I think it would be best to move to the better scales, but it would be ssad to see my weight go up! I suppose it doesn't change the fact that I have still lost the weight - I just would have started at a higher weight?

Any thoughts? :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yeah I'd get a new set or use your dad's. I got a fab set of amazon the brand is salter and it measures body fat, water %, bone mass etc.
    I wouldn't worry about being heavier, it's better to know your true weight hun.
    x

4. gonnagetslim

gonnagetslim size 14 here I come

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    8st11lb(38.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What gems said :) it is frustrating when your a higher weight than you thought but like you said you have still lost the weight :D just make sure you stick to the set you choose cos I find it really de-motivating when different scales say different things xx

5. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Oh how depressing..... my new weight, according to the good scales, is 230.2lbs. Oh well, it doesn't change the fact that I have lost 21lbs since I started, and so I will just adjust my stats to show a starting weight of 251lbs.

6. Tamzy1989

Tamzy1989 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    103.42kg
    Current Weight:
    60.78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.32kg
    Lost(%):
    42.6kg(41.23%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    low carb/low cal
    dont worry about it sarah its just a minor set back, you are doing great hun so just carry on as normal and you'll get their soon enough

7. gems_83

gems_83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(18.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Don't feel too down about it, your doing so well!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.