Total Solution Some advice please

Fattibumbum

Hi there, I've just started week 3, I was doing great last week, felt great, lots of energy, getting up and ready and doing day to day things no problem and the last few days have been awful. When I get up it's like my whole body is shaking, if I do anything other than sit or walk (even reaching up to put on a light) my body starts to shake and my head is pounding, I feel so bad. I had a small meal last night, a chicken breast and some sauted mushrooms (in a little bouillion) and between my drinks over the day I had 4 litres of fluids, all Exante flavourings, 2 decaf teas and 2 bouillions. The last couple of times I tried to do cambridge this happened but I was about a stone lighter than now when I did it and discovered I shouldn't have been doing their version of TS.

So what do I do now? :( I can't keep this up though, I have my wee boy to look after and I don't have brilliant health at the best of times (tiredness with arthritis) so I am feeling a bit deflated this morning.

Thanks in advance, Fbb x

Hey FBB, first of all well done on getting to week 3, Its so hard to do TS. Do you really think you should be doing TS at all? From what I read there you are doing everything by the book, so you shouldn't feel that way. Im sure its very disheartening for you as you've come so far. You have to think about your health though, would a low-carb diet not make you feel better? Having something solid in your stomach might just be the ticket. Remember you don't have to do a TFR diet to lose :) ..If this has happened on other diets, it would seem that your body doesn't like total food replacement. How about moving onto WS? Why not try it and see how you get on? :) :) X

Yeah that's what I've been thinking Lauriel, this is the 3rd time it's happened to me on a TS type thing. The first time I did CD I sailed through it, then I tried it a couple of times for a quick weight loss but ended up a mess and eventually I was lying on the couch barely managing to stay awake, I am not going to do that again.

My hubby felt like this one day last week and had a big bit of fish and lots of broccoli and cauliflower and has felt great since so I hoped that doing the same thing would help me this morning but it really hasn't and I am feeling rubbish.

I'll have a look at the low carb meals on the site and see what's on offer. I don't feel that hungry, just shaky and run down.

Thanks again x

No worries :) ..I really hope that you find something that works for you, especially as you have a little one to look after. An empty stomach can make you feel so poop. You've had great losses so far and there's no reason why you can't keep those losses up. I got myself a low carb cook book. It only cost me £3, it was from a cheap book store. It is packed with loads of low-carb recipes, lots of inspiration indeed! I also got a carb counter book from ebay, it lists the carbs in about 2,500 foods! Its really dinky so I can put it in my handbag when I go shopping. It amazed me how many things you can still eat when you substitute one thing for another. I got a lovely recipe for chocolate brownies if you're interested? :) x

Thanks for the book advice, I'll have a wee nosy around iphone apps too and see if there is something available, it's never more than a foot away from me lol.

I'll maybe get the brownie recipe off you once I'm a bit further on, I'm going to try not to have sweet things, I have spent so much time treating myself and it's made me put on so much weight, I'm planning on giving myself treats like clothes and nail varnish and things like that from now on, I need to change my relationship with food so badly. Both my hubby and I do. He's lost a stone in 2 weeks, he's shrinking before my eyes, if my jeans hadn't gone easier this morning (and straight out the wash too, woohoo) I would probably have stomped about the house all day, green with envy. ;)

Good idea! There's bound to be an app available :)

How amazing does it feel when your jeans feel bigger straight from the wash!? I used to dread it!! Muffintop.com! haha! ....Its a good idea you have to treat yourself with clothes and nail varnishes :) ...My OH is eating so healthily, he is complaining about his belly lol...Only problem is he doesn't like fruit so I've been piling up the veg and salad on him. I think he's getting sick of greens! He wouldn't do exante lol, he said he couldn't cope without food. Men eh!? haha!

Men eh? Mine is doing great but is feeling a bit deflated that I'm getting to eat now and he isn't, the big swine has lost a stone already though and I'm putting it back on it seems so he really is deflating hehe.

Yes it was brilliant feeling my jeans smaller, there isn't enough difference yet for anyone else to see it but I feel it and it's encouraging. I was looking at a calorie counting app yesterday and it says that if I follow their guidelines I can lose a whole 5lbs in the next month. It puts my 9lb loss into perspective really.

Well last night I had a meal, it was very filling, but just some chicken and very low cal/carb veggies served warm on a salad and I have put on 1.5lbs this morning. I am so disappointed that I don't seem to be able to carry on TSing and tbh I still felt fairly rubbish this morning, but I have a cold coming and I didn't get to sleep till about 230am so that could explain things going slightly black if I move too fast!

I had my usual bar this morning and have had a cuppa and half a litre of water, I'm about to go and sit knitting while watching Doctor Who with the rest of my water.

I was a bit shocked to read yesterday that every tsp of the drinks made up has 3g of carbs in it compared to usual VLCD drinks being 0.03g, I've been having flavouring in every drink and some days I'm having 3 litres of it with 2 tsps per litre, that's 18g extra, would that make a difference to things? Maybe I'm not fully in ketosis so that's why I feel so rubbish or maybe i'm just searching for any reason to stay on TS and lose weight faster lol.

I will have a shake for lunch and see how I feel later on, I don't think I could sit down to such a big bowl of food again tonight though, I'll have to have a rethink on portion size I reckon.

Okay I'm just gibbering on here, I should be doing this in my blog instead.

Back