Some input from you all :)

Should we be allowed to talk about food in the CD 100% forum

• Yes, We should be able to talk about it as long as we are follwing the diet 100%

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • No, all mention of food is to be banned from the 100% forum

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As this poll is going to end today, and there it is likely that talking about food in this forum is going to win hands down, I have a question, is food talk going to be about all foods or just foods allowed on CD?

I think this sub forum was created for those who dont wanna read about cheats in detail ?

i think this sub forum should stay, and the only food allowed to talk about is the food allowed on this diet, and not about detailed cheating ?

Im just going to clarify some things with Mods/Uber peeps and Ill be back!!!

I have to agree with Sacha63 (the second post) I did LL last year and lost 5 stones ss'ing - I found it extremely demotivating at the counselling sessions when people who had losses of several llbs were reporting what they had eaten during the previous week. On several occasions I found myself thinking down the route of "well if they can do it" and it was sometimes with difficulty that I stuck to my 100%.
I have to admit that this time round on CD, (5 and a bit weeks in), I am not at all disturbed when food is mentioned - but at the end of the day if some people are, they should have the choice.
Nelli

as a first weeker food is still a big issue to me, when I lost loads of weight on LL I was able to talk about food, plan meals, cook all sorts of lovelys but out of the whole LL group there were only 2 of us that never cheated, and we lost the most. Need I say more

OK - someone better make something clear to me.

This thread on "should we mention food or not?".......is that for the WHOLE forum or just a sub forum within that?

Because, I think that if we are 'banned' from mentioning anything about food in any of the threads or sub forums i will take my PC keyboard and head for the hills.

In my mind not talking about food is trying to deny it's very existence. It's there every day and unless we live the life of a hermit we cannot avoid it...or is that the whole point of this forum and this is one place where food is not mentioned and should be our 'fortress of solitude'?

I agree with some of the comments made here - listening to someone who lost 10lbs last week and still had a three course meal would really upset me, but there again I have friends who can eat like horses and not put weight on....I only have to look at a chip and thats another pound on!

Sometimes we have to accept, as far as the calorific burn we each have, that its not a fair world and all of us, like it or not, have to face up to that fact and play the best game we can with the cards we have.

I would like to think that we come here to get support, to read how people, when faced with temptation managed to resist, and share that fact, both for a pat on the back (which we all deserve for putting ourselves through this) and so that some of us may learn.

....ok that's my tenpennorth....let me know if I have to get my coat......

Last edited:
Hi Docmel, yeah this is an old post but it was just about this subforum. I don't think that its intention was to deny the existance of food but rather create a place where someone who may be struggling can go and be away from any 'food triggers'. Although we can't escape it in the outside world there could atleast be a little safe-haven in this forum if we really needed a break from the talk of food.

Previously I would have been very easily triggered. I'd watch a documentary on poor food hygiene in a fast food joint and my head would still say "Oh, I fancy a meal from there!" (Very messed up!). Now i'm too determined to let myself get triggered like that but i'm sure if my resolve were a little bit down i'd really appreciate somewhere safe where I could go xx

cause i think it really helps to not hear of food since a night i see floating cream cakes and the last thing i want is thinking of more food cause i read it on here xx

Back