Some input from you all :)

Should we be allowed to talk about food in the CD 100% forum

• Yes, We should be able to talk about it as long as we are follwing the diet 100%

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • No, all mention of food is to be banned from the 100% forum

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the "Sub Forum" is a big mistake in the "Friendly, Kind" world of Minimims!
When embarking on our CD journeys EVERYONE strives to achieve 100%, this comes easier to a few of us than others. I would hate for people to think they had "Failed" on CD because they "Ate" something! Every day is a New day and by supporting the people that may have ""Eaten" we could enable them to have a 100% day the next day, thus, enabling them to STICK with CD and not feel isolated,a Failure and "Unworthy" of visting this Sub Forum!!! We all started the Cambridge diet with the SAME Reason to lose weight and this "In" bickering serves no purpose in my opinion! I for one, will be questioning my membership on this whole site, purely, as a direct result of the birth of this New Forum!

i couldn't agree with you more if i tried hunny... xxx

Further to my previous post, i have been thinking about this while i should have been sleeping (no i'm not a lazy mare, honest, i work nights :p).

If there is to be no mention of food at all, then surely the mention of things chocolate tetras, banana shakes, spicy tomato soup, making muffins and crisps also become taboo? For surely the mention of these things contains not only food references to food, but food that is not in the programme? To reference an earlier comment about the crusty bread, where someone said the mention of it would cause them to want to eat it, then could the same not be said of any of the things i've just mentioned? Just because they are being used in this instance in a way not related to cheating, is a trigger not a trigger not a trigger?
So to what extent will this go? Is there any possible way to run this sub-forum without ANY mention of food? Personally i dont think so.

BTW i also agree with the quote from Camilla in Goolian's post previous to this one. I was 100% for quite some time until i had a bit of a hiccup last weekend. I have once again been 100% for a week now but you know what? I dont feel at ease with posting in the 100% forum since. I feel a fraud by doing so and i feel that i'm not worthy of posting here because i was weak. But hey at least i've still got the main forum.

Someone also mentioned a can of worms earlier and tbh the can was opened the minute this sub-forum was set up, however i wont take away from the fact that some find it extremely useful.

And its for that reason that i can see only one outcome to this situation. Because when it boils down to it, those that have voted in favour of allowing food mentions always have the main CD forum at their disposal. But those that dont.....well if food mentions are allowed...then how does Minis cater to their needs? The only way I can see is to allow this sub-forum to become a food-free zone.

So anyway i hope someone can see the point i'm trying to make :rolleyes: and i've voted against the food-free option, however i'd still really like a mod to answer the questions raised in this post & my previous one about what constitutes a food mention and exactly where the line is to be drawn. Ta

however i'd still really like a mod to answer the questions raised in this post & my previous one about what constitutes a food mention and exactly where the line is to be drawn. Ta

I guess that's up to you folks. People wanted a 100% forum, so it was put up. We're just trying to find out how you want it managed so that we can do what we can to assist.

The only reason why we have 'joined in the debate' so to speak was so we were really sure we all knew what was wanted and to let you know about things we think might happen.

But in the end, the decision is yours. Food/no food, Cambridge food only/not even a mention of Cambridge food.

It's up to you 100%ers:)

Ok ta KD.

So maybe those who have voted for no food mentions could answer please?

I voted for 'no food'

I think this means any food that is NOT on the Cambridge Diet plan. So Karen, I am on the plan where I AAMW every 5th week and have food and I think that the people who do this kind of diet, also the people that do SS+ and the people that do the higher plans should be able to talk about 'Cambridge Diet Food' that is allowed.

However, I dont think talking about food that is not allowed on the plan should be talked about in the 100% Cambridge Diet forum because people have the main forum for that.

However, I am happy either way, whatever the outcome of the poll because for me, I love this place for the support I get and the support I give. I dont think it should matter if people have 'fallen off the wagon' and eaten crap now and again, that shouldnt deter you from chatting in the 100% forum, just dont talk about the food you've eaten in the forum!!

Whatever the decision, I'm sure will be the right one! :D

Cheers for your comments Lillypop...guess just trying to establish what "no food mentions" actually means to those who would prefer to go down that route for this sub-forum. :)

it would be good for other people that voted 'no food' to comment on what they mean by that. I think that not including cambridge diet food is a bit extreme.

but that's what people are saying. i've been craving chicken since i started!! absolutely dying for it, but it's a cambridge allowed food on AAM, so would that not class as a trigger for some people? i totally agree with the can of worms thing...

abz xx

Again, it's about boundaries isnt it. I think it's a bit nit picking if the moderators have to check through threads to see 'kinds' of foods people are talking about so whatever the poll comes up, food or no food, it's really down to that. we could be debating all day about it.

Again, it's about boundaries isnt it. I think it's a bit nit picking if the moderators have to check through threads to see 'kinds' of foods people are talking about so whatever the poll comes up, food or no food, it's really down to that. we could be debating all day about it.

Totally right Lilly. TBH we mods don't have the man/woman power to moderate to that extent ... neither would we or I guess any of you want us to.

I voted that 100% Cambridge meant if it is in the yellow book and you are on SS/SS+/810 plans you can mention it ... that's only my opinion. Otherwise if you crave xyz either say I have a craving and don't post what it is ... or go onto the normal CD forum. Again my opinion.

Lots of good points coming out here - we are trying to get your opinions to make it what you want ... but obviously we can't please all the people all the time! We do try though!!

y'know what miniminers? Having got very friendly (;)) with the mods over the last few months I have learnt that they go above and beyond duty daily. I think we should all try and remember that this forum was put up by request of the members and they are only trying to keep people happy.

I don't personally care what happens to this forum, as long as a few people find it useful then it should stay.

The "friendly, kind world of minimins" will remain regardless of this forum. It startles me that people rarely venture out of the diet forums...and have never seen the chit chat section, or the family section...

It's not the forum labels that make the forum, or even the rules. It's the members. xxxxx

I don't visit the cd forum much as i orginally started on LT, but do nosey around!
And correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't cd consist of different stages...some where food are involved and you HAVE to eat ..but you are still 100%, doing that part of the cd plan!
I do agree with cheat free and not boosting about still losing weight, when people should have been ssing!
If this sub forum is for ss 100%ers only it should be called so!?!?
Just my opinion!:D

i just think for the sake of talking about something you have been used to doing all your life "eating"... i think the whole idea is getting out of hand...

food is never going to go away and at some point everyone is going to have to face the idea of eating again... i think to not be able to talk about it has it's consequences... i know when i started CD the thought of eating again started to scare me and i got to the point where i was saying well i can survive... and i was saying i didn't want to eat ever again as i would automatically gain weight...

i know a few people who have started to panic at the thought of eating again, and not being able to talk about food would in turn make it a taboo and could cause a lot of problems when you need to start eating again... pleased to see the direction the poll is going in...

i can only agree goolian. i don't really visit the forum very much. i had a planned break for my best mate's wedding and although i have been 100% except at that time, with my cdc's blessing (i was chief bridesmaid) i haven't felt like i should come on here really. having had a day off... and not being able to talk about food as if it was something dirty and disgraceful, well i'm nervy enough about changing my eating habits for good without worrying about saying the wrong word or making myself think that it's something bad that shouldn't be mentioned... so i've made my vote, i've had my say and had to justify it on here and now i'll just sit back and await the outcome. to be honest, since i'm not on here much as it is, i just hope it turns out the best for those that need it the most...

abz xx

well abz my little angel... i stopped the diet on friday as i was away all weekend... and because we have extended our time off and taken it as a little holiday, i'm not properly back on cd until tomorrow...

at the end of the day... i am easing myself back in with my shakes/soups each day because this is easier for me than getting back on 100% to only then have the fear of ending up picking... i have had my shakes/soups past couple of days but not my full allowance maybe one or two and then an evening meal treat, cos i am having my holiday...

110% cd again from tomorrow onwards cos i know i can do it... i have no intention of giving up cos this diet is fabulous...

we only have to answer to ourselves at the end of the day... i have weighed myself then past couple of days and i know i haven't damaged my hard work... had already told cdc that if i sts or gain a couple of pounds i will be ecstatic cos i know within a few days they will be gone...

but couldn't agree with you more when you say you don't feel you can visit the 100% forum cos that's how i feel too... xxx

glad i'm not the only one goolian (i keep nearly shortening it to goo, sorry...)

abz xx

hey goo is fine chick... or sara... or sar :)

Hello, I am just starting CD tomorrow and I plan to be 100% until my holiday in Turkey in September. It's a holiday I booked last year, all inclusive and my first trip abroad so will want to make the most of it, but as soon as that's finished will be straight back on 100%.

Anyway, that's not really the point.... I have voted to be able to talk about food as long as it's not about cheating. I will not be going off track, but have no doubt that people with food will be tempting me and there will be occasions such as meals out, etc where I will be sticking to CD 100% and will be quite proud of myself for resisting said food!

Hope all that makes sense - a complicated way of saying I vote "talk food" !!!

y'know what miniminers? Having got very friendly (;)) with the mods over the last few months I have learnt that they go above and beyond duty daily. I think we should all try and remember that this forum was put up by request of the members and they are only trying to keep people happy.

I don't personally care what happens to this forum, as long as a few people find it useful then it should stay.

The "friendly, kind world of minimins" will remain regardless of this forum. It startles me that people rarely venture out of the diet forums...and have never seen the chit chat section, or the family section...

It's not the forum labels that make the forum, or even the rules. It's the members. xxxxx

totally agree!

Back