Some input from you all :)

Should we be allowed to talk about food in the CD 100% forum

• Yes, We should be able to talk about it as long as we are follwing the diet 100%

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • No, all mention of food is to be banned from the 100% forum

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the CD forum should be for general CDish topics, then the CD forum should be for people who SS/SS+ 100% with no mention of food....otherwise there's a need for ANOTHER forum which does not allow any mention of food.

As far as i'm concerned, the CD forum is also for people following the plans 100%, but the CD 100% forum is for people who DON'T WANT to read/talk about food.

:)

I think the CD forum should be for general CDish topics, then the CD forum should be for people who SS/SS+ 100% with no mention of food....otherwise there's a need for ANOTHER forum which does not allow any mention of food.

As far as i'm concerned, the CD forum is also for people following the plans 100%, but the CD 100% forum is for people who DON'T WANT to read/talk about food.

:)

Sounds logical - thanks Leah :)

I'm very logical me - PMSL!

(normally i make no sense at all)

oooh, and thanks DQ xxx

If someone has posted about cheating or food etc then perhaps dont click to read it? this forum is all about support! and friends!

i am with gen and abz on this one and anyone else who is afraid to post with our opinions..

am very dissapointed
:(

I have just got back in and caught up with this thread....surely none of our opinions really need to be discussed anymore as i fear it's leaving a bad feeling between us when we are ALL in the same boat and ALL want to pass the finish line. The poll is there so surely it will go with the majority vote any how and whatever debate point we have to make will make no odds now.

Usually the debate comes first then the poll as the decider......seems with this topic though the poll will make the decision so 'arguing' our poins is a waste of time/energy/emotion.xx

Am totally confused now - who has been picking holes in peoples' opinions?? Surely all that's been going on has been a healthy debate around an important issue?? :confused:

Well DQ you picked 'holes' in my opinion re: the private forum for people who don't want to talk or read about food as extreme.... I am sure there could have been a nicer more 'healthy debate' like way of you letting me know it is on the LL forum without your "not so extreme really...." comment.

As abz has said she wasn't expecting to have to justify her opinion!!

Well DQ you picked 'holes' in my opinion re: the private forum for people who don't want to talk or read about food as extreme.... I am sure there could have been a nicer more 'healthy debate' like way of you letting me know it is on the LL forum without your "not so extreme really...." comment.

Gen, please accept my sincere apologies if you felt I was picking holes in your opinion. I was merely stating that this idea of a food free subforum exists on Minimins already without it being viewed as extreme.

Gen, please accept my sincere apologies if you felt I was picking holes in your opinion. I was merely stating that this idea of a food free subforum exists on Minimins already without it being viewed as extreme.

Totally accepted and forgotten :D:D

If the decision is made to allow 'food talk' into the cd 100% forum then in my own personal opinion I think you should get rid of the forum all together and just keep the main one. Otherwise how many sub forums are people going to want!!? it seems ludacrus to me. We are all here to support each other and I'm sorry to everyone who thinks that talking about food is acceptable, I'm on a diet that I view is quite a desperate attempt to regain some control in my life and for a while, I have cut food completely out of my life which I absolutely love. I am not cutting it out permanently, and I do not shudder at the sight of food. But allowing food talk into this forum, then it is just going to be the same as the main one. I enjoy posting in both so whatever the decision, is great by me :D

Correct me if i am wrong in saying this but i believed the 100% sub forum was created to allow the cd ers who stick to their plan 100% to be able to support and encourage each other with positivity and not having to always read posts about time out and cheats on the main forum.
Like i have said before i use both yet am 100% and i think the suggestion to scrap this sub forum depending on the decision of the poll is a really bad idea....surely if this sub was made to speciffically not talk about food that would of been in the 'rules' from day 1.

if you allow food talk into this forum where are the boundaries in which you allow it? Why should the moderators have to moderate every single post just in case someone has forgotten etc. when there is a great main CD forum that everyone uses? It is only my own opinion that I am viewing like you are viewing yours?

To be honest, I really dont mind what the decision is, but I just feel sorry for the moderators who have to put up with all this crap when really this place is for support and fun for people who are on cd.

Excatly, which is why the debate should just stop as the vote will decide the outcome.

Like i have said before i use both yet am 100% and i think the suggestion to scrap this sub forum depending on the decision of the poll is a really bad idea

Thats not going to happen :D

No one is saying you can't post anywhere - it's more about in some places having to moderate what you say.

Thats it DQ, there are many places on Minis to post, and this poll is to find out if those who are on CD 100% want food mentioned or not.

No one has made any decision, not mods or admins or Mini. We value input, and we like people opinions. Postive mental attitude :D

To be honest, I really dont mind what the decision is, but I just feel sorry for the moderators who have to put up with all this crap when really this place is for support and fun for people who are on cd.

Bless ya Lilly, its a tough job at times, Minimins is an extremely well moderated forum and I for one am proud to moderate here, and especially on the CD part of it. I love debate, and also understand people need to talk about food at times, what we really want to know, is should there be a small part of Minis that is food free for those on CD.

Love x

do i detect an undercurrent? Perhaps you missed the support I gave to many people over many many months. I have, however, had to take a step away FOR ME. So that I can give to myself as the space I was in did not make it easy for me to read people's planned cheats. I have always and always will support people who struggle on CD.

I have been on here since last year and have seen the change in the CD forum that has occurred.

Perhaps I'm being sensitive, I am known to be, but this felt like you may have been having a dig at me when I don't deserve it.

Perhaps it is because I am now trying slimming world after months of struggle because of the place I am in my life, that you feel I have no right to comment on the CD 100% forum. A shame if this is how you feel.

I love CD and LL and think they are the best thing that ever happened to me. However, my mental state of mind right now means I simply cannot do abstinance.

in fact this has really upset me. It would be good to hear from you Camilla. to

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! But as was said earlier I don't post in this forum, as I joined Minimins to make friends in order that we may support each other on our CD Journeys during Good or Bad Days!!!

Congratulations, Dancing on achieving a remarkable weight loss to date! I have absolutely no doubt that you are an inspiration to many Cambridge and LL dieters.

I too, am Offended, by your tone! Undercurrent not by me?! When I was meerly wishing you well in your chosen diet.

I think the "Sub Forum" is a big mistake in the "Friendly, Kind" world of Minimims!
When embarking on our CD journeys EVERYONE strives to achieve 100%, this comes easier to a few of us than others. I would hate for people to think they had "Failed" on CD because they "Ate" something! Every day is a New day and by supporting the people that may have ""Eaten" we could enable them to have a 100% day the next day, thus, enabling them to STICK with CD and not feel isolated,a Failure and "Unworthy" of visting this Sub Forum!!! We all started the Cambridge diet with the SAME Reason to lose weight and this "In" bickering serves no purpose in my opinion! I for one, will be questioning my membership on this whole site, purely, as a direct result of the birth of this New Forum!

Well before i cast my vote, maybe someone can clarify the meaning of "no-food mentions". Will this include any advice required or bar any questions that one may ask regarding AAM or any of the plans which do allow food (yet still be 100% on the diet)? Or if this situation arose would one have to post in the main part of the forum for any queries they may have arising from AAM or the higher plans?

Not nit-picking but think it would be an important point to clarify before any decision is taken (or not) to turn the 100% forum into a no-food zone.

Thanks in advance.

have to totally agree with mellie and jabba on this one

I'm doing CD 100% BUT I don't like the idea of a Sub-Forum Hence, why I don't post!!! I joined "Minimins" for one reason to make friends! I don't care whether my friends cheat or not because, the only person they are cheating is themselves, no-one else!!!! However, should they feel the need to "eat" then I for one will offer my support because they are my friends!

Good luck Dancing with your Slimming World Diet!
I totally agree.

Back