Some interesting statistics re dieting

MadamDotty

Back again!
Women 'spend 31 years dieting'
A survey commissioned by The Laughing Cow cheese company found that the average woman will spend 31 years of her life on a diet. British women spend an average of six months a year counting the calories and more than a fifth are on a permanent diet. The average man spends 28 years slimming. The survey found that more than a tenth of the population is on a post-Christmas diet but three quarters will have given up by the third week of the New Year. The survey of 1,446 men and women found nearly two-thirds of the population are unhappy with their body and feel that being thinner would make them happier.

Morning Madam D how r u doing hun.Well i can honestly say since the age of 6 i have been on a diet so thats practically 33 years for me already, hopefully by the time i reach 40 i will be able to put an end to the vicious cycle of dieting and gaining and hopefully just maintain and be healthy.
Its such a waste of our life to think we spend so much effort in dieting for so many years and all the emotional pain that goes with it.
With all the knowledge that we have available to us now to live a healthy life hopefully we can put an end to constant dieting and just be happy and healthy xx

God that is so sad - are we really so defined by how we look and what we weigh? Short answer - YES. I know that being lighter is healthy but this obsession with size zero etc really is getting a bit much. How about a balanced approach, eat healthily, move more and worry about important things like family, rather than weight!

Rant over!

Love Barb xx

Back