SOME ONE NEW IN MY LIFE...HELP!

well ive just sent him my pic....its not a very flattering one tho....:confused: i just dont take good pics anymore...and if you hold the pic up against me in the flesh it just doesnt look like me lol....

see this is the whole reason i dont go in for the whole net-dating malarky...itd be much easier to meet someone in real life...least they can see instantly what i look like....

dam it i shouldve told him maybe when i know you better :(.....oh well its done now ..il get over it lol...

Dont worry Blufizz, if he doesnt want to continue your friendship based on one photo then he isnt worth it anyway....however because you have already built up a good friendship it is probably just satistying his curiousity.....have u seen his pic?

Claire x

yes his was on his profile.....tho he looked younger than he said he was lol...and another pic of him didnt quite look like his main one...

its not like im hiding lol...ive never seen the point in letting every random person on a chat site see what i look like....cos its so transient on there and quite a few pervs too! lol...

the whole pic issue hasnt come up before really....

ive sent one now and im gunna take a step back you know.....as you say if he ditches our friendship based on a vague pic then yes he isnt someone id want to be even friends with....

tho i admit il feel a little let down if he stops angling for a meet lol.....hes kinda got into my head now and not sure how to react if he only now wants to be chat-buds....ahhh the joys of men :D

If he doesn't want to carry on your friendship on the basis of your photo then he's not worth bothering about but I don't think he'll be fussed.

My brother met his wife on a chat site (they were the only 2 people in the chat room who thought The Clangers was a better program than Bagpuss :-D). Last December they celebrated 10 years together.

I met my other half last April, also online. We started chatting on the Thursday, me the following Monday and have been living together since last August - and it's all absolutely marvellous.

I can't remember how I first mentioned Slimming World. I have a feeling that was all about photos. He asked for a photo and I faffed about and then said I was overweight an going to SW to which his reaction was 'ok, I won't expect to hear from you later on Tuesday nights then'.

I think sometimes we expect the worst. All sounds rather good from here xx

hiya suepat :)
hiya eveyone x

well it seems i read the signs right- then wrong-then right again!!

My biggest failing is i over-think things and then in my head its all a done deal(and usually not in my favour)

It appears that he does indeed like me a fair a bit :woohoo:
and like me was a bit unsure if the feeling was a two way thing....

i actually couldnt stand it any longer so asked him outright if the flirting etc was just his normal mo(yes i know i cant believe i used that description either!)

we then got into a discussion bout how it could give off the wrong signals and i kinda told him i only flirted with guys i fancied!

then i just thought what the heck in for a penny in for a pound lol...
i told him i felt a deffinate real connection and that i liked him and wanted to get to know him better-much better :d'oh:....then resisted the urge to go hide behind the sofa lololol..

what he then told me really surprised me....he felt the connection too but didnt wanna rush things but assumed i knew he liked me.....and he claims he doesnt talk to others like he does to me..the flirting thing...and i guess il have to give him the benefit of the doubt...

so what with my pic(man he must need glasses cos it was sooo small haha!) and my admissions he felt he could open up and admit he felt the same....and boy did he do just that :whistle: lol (private dont be nosey!)

sooo there you have it girls...you were all right! lol....

were just enjoying each others company online at the mo..but reading between the lines i think a meet will be arranged pretty soon...theres only so much you can learn via words...and soooo much more to be learned in the flesh-as it were lol (god we might not even like each other in the real world lol)

He deffo does something to me tho :heartpump: and its kinda nice after so long...who knows where it might lead...and thats exciting!

oh one question.....do you reckon it would be appropriate to ask to swap mob numbers??....
the odd text to and from would be kinda nice in the hours/days between emails lol

god im so rubbish at this chat/dating thing arnt i? :confused: lol

.....if something seems too good to be true...is it possible it isnt true??

Definitely what Fern said about the mobile numbers, you'd need that in case something cropped up.

.....if something seems too good to be true...is it possible it isnt true??

I know people say that if something seems too good to be true then it isn't true - but that isn't always the case. My other half is a good example - but don't tell him I said that as he may get big headed!!

When we met I looked for problems (other women on the go, still hung up on ex-wife etc etc) as everything seemed perfect but there was absolutely nothing dodgy at all.

For the first time in 42 years I feel appreciated for what I do, not taken for granted, get any help I need (with a bit of prompting at times!), am trusted 100%. Bar a bit of grumpiness once in a while everything is fan-dabby-bleeding-dozey!

We see things the same on most subjects - but with enough differences to not run out of conversation. We also have the same sense of humour totally. On our 2nd date (lunch at the pub at Beachy Head) we both saw something happen which we found funny but didn't tell the other one in case it hadn't amused them. It was only later that day we were chatting and it came out. And the same thing happens over and over again. We can be walking down the street and both find something funny that others wouldn't and only need to look at each other to know the other one's seen it.

Basically my ramble is saying, somethings are not too good to be true, they ARE true xx

you sound like youve got a good un there sue!

Ive kinda spread myself very thin amongst the male fraternity for many yrs now and feel very out of the loop as it were....i am just me....im not into playing some long winded date-game..having to think of the right things to say..the right signals to send yadda yadda...its too time consuming...
i just want to be me you know...but on other hand i dont want to be too eager or pushy....

i feel i can be me with him tho...and he deffo would rather be asked something outright than me skirting any issue...but wont that leave me quite vulnerable?

i guess if im myself 100% he'l either like me or he wont lol...and theres always the risk of being hurt in life whatever you do...

now where did i put that bucket full of self confidence :D

i guess if im myself 100% he'l either like me or he wont lol...and theres always the risk of being hurt in life whatever you do...

Completly 100% true, .. and at the end of the day, you might as well be 100% honest and yourself now, becuase sooner or later, he'l realise your a bit nutty like the rest of us haha, .. if your always 100% yourself, theres never any suprises, - unfortunatly some things dont crop up in convo.... like the way Joe doesnt know how to wash the sink out after shaving.. or that washing up tupperwear and then putting the lid on and in the cupboard when still wet/damp will cause mouldyness! and other darling things that annoy me LOL

BUT i knew about his love for crappy low budget, simple story lined zombi films and rediculous amounts of sugery sweets, and all his bizzarre quirks like having to turn off every switch and check every door and window before leaving the house.. that he takes longer than me to get ready and his wardrobe is twice the size :eek: yes twice.. he has a wardrobe and a half full in our house. - before i got in too deep :p LOL

xxx

- were all vulnerable, no matter how guarded we are!

:D lol
gee thanks fern!....
for bringing me into the real world..id quite forgotten how irritating men can be and all their habits lol...and i think he already knows im a bit nutty :)

LOL - or the way he will spend 5 minutes faffing when i put a meal on the table before sitting down to eat it, despite telling him 10 mins before it'd be ready in 5. That irratates me. LOL

lololol...that all seems a faded dream to me ...tho my older kids now have annoying habits lol
....the thought of a relationship....i find it hard to imagine really...:confused:

- iv changed my mind, the most annoying this how he tells me off for eating his naughty goodies that iv put away in 'his' cupboard so i dont eat them.. but yet he's sat here eating an entire packet of jam tarts in front of me.. :O

BTW how do you get your stickers on your signature? and where do you get them from?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I think meeting people online is just as hard as meeting someone in real life. You have to be in the right place at the right time. To me it sounds like you guys are really enjoying a good friendship online and that's a great way to start out, it's the ones who won't talk to ya unless it's in person you need to watch out for.

I met my fiance through friends but the first times I spoke to him were online. There were 3 occasions we could have met in person just by being at the same events but something always came up so one of us couldn't go. Eventually he bit the bullet and travelled 500 miles from his home in Scotland to Norfolk to meet me and see how we got on. 5 years on and we're still mad about each other.

So have faith, be safe and enjoy the tingly lovey feeling :)

^^ oo thats a good post. Seeeeee :eek:) lol xxx

I copy and paste mine from lifelineonline, from the journey trackey thing.. but you can just copy and paste from someone else's sig into yours if your not registered online! x

^^ oo thats a good post. Seeeeee :eek:) lol xxx

I copy and paste mine from lifelineonline, from the journey trackey thing.. but you can just copy and paste from someone else's sig into yours if your not registered online! x

but how do you actually do it?
sticker thing i mean btw!

Back