Some people love to criticise !!!

michellewild

Morning fellow sns's, went shopping yesterday and bumped into friends who i havent seen for months, she was really shocked to how much weight i have lost and was asking how i did it(my friend has tried nearly every diet going), i explained about the diet and all i got back was ohh how you going to keep the weight off though when u start eating again, it will all just go back on, and i dont think you need to lose anymore(yes i do, i am only just in the healthy bmi,so want to get into the middle), and then said be carefull u dont want to go to far with it and look ill!!!, I felt like shouting at her, all i want is to be healthy and feel good,which i will, i dont want to be 8 st or anything, just couple of pounds under 10st so i have a little leeway if i put on a couple, any way rant over lol think i am going to keep my diet to myself from now on xxxx;) horrible.jpg001.jpg This is a before and during pic,i am in the pink on the first picture xx

Can I just say - you look fab-u-lous?! Lovely photos! (I actually think you look pretty good in the "before" too!) Some people will always criticise. You know what weight feels right for you. It's your body and your choice - and well done!

Yup, everyone has an opinion. My arguements tend to be that it's doctor recommended and monitored (I'm on LL too, you see, and that requires a bp check every 4 weeks, not exactly monitored but still), that I have tried every diet under the sun and always put the weight back on - this one may be no different but I'm going to try.
sometimes I go for the flattery approach - id love to be naturally as slim as you but...
recently I've tried the evolutionary diet approach. I mean, did our ancestors have food on tap? No, they went through high protein binge / starve cycles, so actually, semi starving yourself on a high protein diet is the most natural way to lose weight.

Anyway, what it reall boils down to is whatever you say, they probably won't listen, you're doing brilliantly and probably feel great so stuff them!

(rant over...)

you look great.... this is jealousy pure and simple

I dont even get into debates about the diet , I just say I feel so much better and anyway what is healthy about walking around with extra fat on your body

By losing weight you are decreasing your risk of diabetes , stroke and heart disease
People will always tell you that you have lost too much , because they are jealous
and they will always say that many people put all the weight back on , which is true by the way, but thats because they go back to their old eating habits and nothing to do with the diet they chose

Ignore them :)

Glad I'm not the only one hearing the same responses about my weight loss.

Once I get to target I'm going to announce it on my Facebook and thank my supportive friend for there continued support throughout and then a lil message to the others two words last one being off. Lol

I was told yesterday day when I was talking about my exercising and that I want to build muscle after the diet was why don't I stop all this and just chill and be me. Which translated means stop all this diet and fitness and go back to stuffing my face so I can be fat again.

My stubborn streak works so well in these situations lol

Take no notice most are jellous that we are looking like babes :)

Thanks girlies, yeah what they dont get is how unhealthy i was, my dad suffers really bad with diabetes, so that was 1 of the reasons for me losing weight,also it was because of my children, i want to be able to take them swimming and run around with them, which at the weight before i would never put on a swimming costume, more to do with my legs than anything, this is where i tend to put all the weight on, and what they dont know is i am all joined up to the gym for when i finish this month, i have an exercise partner in my sister in law, and have invested in an exercise bike at home, i know i can have a treat now and again, but i just have to exercise to burn it off, my head is in the right place now and i know i WONT put it back on, all i know is i am proud of myself as are my OH 2 sons and my mum is always telling me, so sod the rest of them lol, us ladies on here are fabulous xx:worthy:

Glad I'm not the only one hearing the same responses about my weight loss.

Once I get to target I'm going to announce it on my Facebook and thank my supportive friend for there continued support throughout and then a lil message to the others two words last one being off. Lol

I was told yesterday day when I was talking about my exercising and that I want to build muscle after the diet was why don't I stop all this and just chill and be me. Which translated means stop all this diet and fitness and go back to stuffing my face so I can be fat again.

My stubborn streak works so well in these situations lol

Take no notice most are jellous that we are looking like babes :)
to true hun, they just all want me to be the fat friend again,so they can all feel better about themselves, WELL BLOODY TUFF lol xx

Yes that's exactly it, one of my friends said oh it doesn't suit u being slim you look awful and ill

Well I'm a healthy bmi so I can't be that damn ill lol. I'm size 12 on way to size 10 and they hate it. As attention is on me when we are out and I'm not even trying to get any attention.

Why can't these people be happy for us help us along the way and encourage us.

you certainly find out who your real friends are

your real friends want you to be healthy, happy and feel good about yourself

the rest dont matter

Michelle, you've done brilliantly and look really fab! If anyone says otherwise they are def not a friend :)

You have done amazingly well hun keep at it till you feel right! Noone can tell you when that is. The trouble is peoples view of a healthy weight and bmi is squewed! Everyone thinks a healthy weight is bigger than what it is. And it is squewed by jealousy too! X

You look amazing!! I have got that reaction frm the fee people I've told. So I've just started saying I'm doing high protein no carbs and staying under a certain number of calories and people seem to be fine with that and not ask any questions haha. You do it till you feel happy, otherwise you'll just regret it :) best of luck!!x

You know I don't think this type of reaction always comes from jelousy. Often it comes from concern. People don't like change and it can take a long time for them to adjust to the new you - it is a big change and does shock people. I just smile and explain about my health and what size I'm aiming for - and talk enthusiastically about all of the activities I'm looking forward to doing at hte end (eg mountain biking, swimming, hiking, white water rafting etc). I normally find that people can't keep it up in the face of my huge enthusiasm and normally end up smiling with me!

You look great hun. Your life, your body, ignore the haters and enjoy looking and feeling great.

Try to ignore the negative comments however difficult, obviously the green eyed monster is in full force and they have a problem with your new figure and determination to succeed!! True friends would be genuinely pleased for you and fully support your efforts to reach goal, dont listen to them you look fantastic!

I think sometimes people just need to be called out on the things they say. I honestly think people say mean things because they know you're not gona say anything in return. If somebody says something to knock ur feelings like that, just say to them 'd'you really think it's ok to say that to somebody?'. They suddenly will try and explain themselves then they feel silly. You look great! Weight is a personal choice, don't let anyone else dictate!

You look great, don't listen to them! Some people don't like change unless it's them.. That green monster is a very ugly one so as Wisney says, ask why they feel able to comment and pass judgement on you like that, when you don't judge them and comment on their lives like that!

Back