Some places/times harder than others

Tiggemma

Silver Member
Is it just me or depending on where you are or what the day has in store it can be either really easy or really hard?

If I'm at work or otherwise busy I find sticking to cd and drinking all the water easy. But if I'm at home I really struggle, even when I have plenty to do. It's just not usual for me to drink much at home so I struggle.

Am I alone?

Think that's the same for most of us to be honest. I try to keep busy as much as possible. I have waves of super energy when I get loads done, followed by bouts of just exhaustion and being freezing. It's usually the wrong way round though, I was at work last night and just dead on my feet!! I sure to god hope this is worth it all!! X

You're definitely not alone! If I'm working it's easy. I drink my water and I'm not hungry. When I have a day off I can really struggle! It's not until I started doing this I realized how much my days drag without food but it's good that it makes me realize in the future how to control my eating habits. I hope!!

I just got excited about eating half a pack of ham. How sad am I?? X

Yep, I have exactly the same problem with the water. Work is easy and home is difficult.

I really struggle with just water but I have skimmed milk so I drink gallons of tea throughout the day. I get so cold too. I came to bed this morning after work and brought a hot water bottle with me. The other half went mental!! Lol. X

I've been on CD since the end of Jan, I was working then, I had great losses all the time and I was managing really well, then I left my job and I've been struggling ever since, So glad I start my new job on the 22nd because it's just so much easier when you're at work!xx

I'm just glad it's not me. I always knew that being home alone with biscuits was a bad idea but I didn't know how hard I'd find it to just drink water and sit under a blanket. I find myself looking in the fridge/cupboard before I remember!

Is anyone else going slightly insane? I'm beginning to wonder if it is the diet or maybe early onset of dementia??
I go upstairs to fetch washing, get upstairs and completely forget what I'm up there for. Convince myself I must have needed the loo, so use the bathroom and go back downstairs, only to walk in the kitchen and see the clothes infront of the washer. Back upstairs I go.
I'm getting seriously worried now!! X

Yes, it's definitely dementia...I never have that :whistle:

I'm the complete opposite, in the house I'm okay (I work from home but this applies to non working hours too), but outside I struggle. I have 2l bottles of sparkling water here and I get through loads each day. Out n about I find I drink a lot less, ad usually finish the sports bottle I take with me and end up thirsty.
Went to cinema yesterday, left at 12, had a shake before I went and we didn't get out of cinema till 4 and I was starving. Couldn't buy anything suitable in town before we got the bus home and I was starving :/ You don't notice the lack of non convenience food places in town till you need something. Gregs was about the closest, they did a salad but it had sweetcorn n bacon thru it altho, to be fair, there wasn't any dressing on it. Didn't look to see if there was added sugar tho. Still wasn't suitable.
Think I will order a handful of bars this week for being out, even if I don't have them, if its in my bag I feel secure I guess.

GLL, I guess because of work I always have something stashed somewhere be it a tetra or a bar so if I get called to a scene I've always got something to eat and drink (I have bottles of water in my car) but at home if in the past I'd have sat down and had a coffee and a biscuit now I'll have a hot drink and imagine the biscuit. That seems to kickstart my hungry feelings. Entirely psychological for me. Luckily I know it is and can (mostly) tame the devil on my shoulder but it's hard!

Back