some wierd symptoms- any help?

helenfrompoole

Firstly at various points in the day i feel sick- not like im gonna be sick just feel rough. Usually after my lunch time shake- I feel like after ive had it i feel so full and usually a bit sick for about an hour after. Secondly when I first wake up in the morning and sometimes in the middle of night?? Its so random not sure if CD related or not but its just started.

Secondly I think because I feel dodgy I cannot stand the smell of perfume!! Like it makes me wanna throw up! I love perfume usually!

And thirdly I keep getting reflux that burns.

Am I just having a dodgy stomach couple of days or has anyone else had this?

Thanks x

Firstly at various points in the day i feel sick- not like im gonna be sick just feel rough. Usually after my lunch time shake- I feel like after ive had it i feel so full and usually a bit sick for about an hour after. Secondly when I first wake up in the morning and sometimes in the middle of night?? Its so random not sure if CD related or not but its just started.

Hiya :) Poor you.. that sounds hard work.. have you mentioned it to your doctor at all? wouldn't harm.. it might not be to do with CD at all.. hey - you're not pregnant are you? :D

If it IS CD-related, my first thoughts are to split the packs and have smaller portions through the day.. 6 half packs rather than just 3.. and sip water very gradually, making sure you don't glug it down at any point.. Are you on SS or SS+? I found that SS+ did wonders for my digestion and felt much better, but that's just me.

Secondly I think because I feel dodgy I cannot stand the smell of perfume!! Like it makes me wanna throw up! I love perfume usually!

My sense of smell went super-human for a while! I noticed I could smell the sugar in the sugar bowl on the table! That's just nuts! :) some things smelt better - others smelt far worse..

And thirdly I keep getting reflux that burns.

ooh.. I've had this a couple of times recently for the first time ever - OMG does it feel like I'm dying! :eek: Don't know what that's about, but I'm guessing my stomach has shrunk and just can't take large volumes these days.. who knows? I look forward to other people replying to this one, cause I'm quite keen to not get this one again myself too! Isn't the human body amazing to have such a powerful substance in it, USUALLY in the right place! Just not so funny when it's somewhere it shouldnt be!

Am I just having a dodgy stomach couple of days or has anyone else had this?

Thanks x

My guess is, that it probably is just a dodgy stomach couple of days, and that it's not unusual on CD.. but it is worth getting checked out if it goes on.. with your CDC, or your doc.. saying that, I haven't bothered.. but I guess I will if it goes on a bit longer..

Either way, hope it gets easier soon..

Vxx

Is there any chance you could be pregnant? Sounds an awful lot like early pregnancy symptoms?!

I'll go along with all of what 'Enough' has said (well, except for the stomach shrinking bit :D), and must admit, my first thoughts was "ooo, wonder if she's pregnant!"

I had some of your symptoms when I first started CD. Not the funny smell thing though!

I felt sick just after a shake, and I also had really bad heartburn.

After about 3 weeks both nasties disappeared and I felt fine. Hope you do too!

I get the sick feeling after my teatime soup, every bloody day.:mad: And I burp for England after it too.
And my sense of smell is in overdrive. There's one perfume that's very popular ATM that makes me heave when I smell it.

Thank you so much for the replies! They have been a great help! Not pregnant- altho every month I seem to get some kind of sympoms related to pregnancy I am always thankful when I get my monthly visit!

Shall wait it out a while and see if this is just a temporary phase.

Sometimes I think my body is sick of the same old thing.. all i drink is choc tetras and bars, but atm with my wisdom tooth causing me so much pain just drinking tetras.. maybe I should try switching it up a bit next week!

Once again thank you for all your support :)
x

Hi there!

sometimes our bodies are not used to that many vitamins and minerals that the CD shakes, soups etc provide it with. Hence the sickly feeling or burping. If you think about it - how much food you would have to eat to get DRA of vitamins & minerals a day. Try to split the shakes or soups into 6 servings instead of 3. That way your body won't have to 'deal' with digesting so much of 'goodness' at once.

Hope this helps? xx

Back