Some yummy xen friendly recipes

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Let's cut the junk and share our fav yummy but xen friendly recipes lets see if we can keep each other going this week xx

Stuffed chicken breast (laughing cow lightest & onion) wrapped in bgty bacon medallions mmmmm guess what I'm gonna have tomorrow

My fav meal so far has been a meatballs pasta bake. Make balls using extra lean mince and cook as many as u need- freeze the rest- I use 125gms per person. Grill them until cooked. Meanwhile cook some pasta- I Allow 75grms of dried pasta per person. in another pan make a tom sauce- passata & herbs, dash worcestershire sauce & mushrooms, onions, peppers & heat it up. once all cooked drain pasta n mix in sauce & meatballs. Cook in oven at about 180 for 20 mins. If u can find a cheese within rules u can grate this & sprinkle on top.
I work it out at about 530 cals & 7.5gms fat for whole meal (without cheese)
Xxx

sarahaglover said:
My fav meal so far has been a meatballs pasta bake. Make balls using extra lean mince and cook as many as u need- freeze the rest- I use 125gms per person. Grill them until cooked. Meanwhile cook some pasta- I Allow 75grms of dried pasta per person. in another pan make a tom sauce- passata & herbs, dash worcestershire sauce & mushrooms, onions, peppers & heat it up. once all cooked drain pasta n mix in sauce & meatballs. Cook in oven at about 180 for 20 mins. If u can find a cheese within rules u can grate this & sprinkle on top.
I work it out at about 530 cals & 7.5gms fat for whole meal (without cheese)
Xxx

That sounds lush Sarah x

I'm going to try both of those recipes, they sound lovely. My fave meal is chilli made with a tin of chopped toms, some chilli powder, half a tin of baked beans, a couple of squirts of tomato puree, onion and a couple of cloves of crushed garlic with 250g of leanest steak mince. I serve it with boiled rice and it easily feeds a family of four. Never worked out the exact calorie content though

Mmmm I'm sorted for this week! I was gonna post Lexie's recipe but a real "naughty" fav of mine ATM is burgers!

So simply extra lean mince garlic chilli onion and an egg to bind shaped into burgers and served in a bun with some salad mmmm guess what I had tonight?! X

Kirsty if you've got a food mixer you don't need the egg to bind thd mince as blitzing it binds it together anyway

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooo I'll try that then! X

I make a yummy bolognese sauce that I use as my basis for spag Bol , lasagne and over the top if meatballs.

It's one onion, one courgette, one red pepper Nd one carrot . All blitzed together then add one tin of tomatoes and passata. Then add either asda bolognese herbs or individual ones - oregano, paprika, thyme, basil and pepper

Blitz a bit longer.

It looks like a jar of bought sauce but is a great way of getting hidden veg into kids without them knowing

Can someone inspire me for tonight - want something low in cals?
x

Tonight I'm having j.po (300g) with 60grms Tesco extra light garlic & herb cheese, salad & 60grms sweet chilli chicken( again ready to.eat from Tesco) its simple easy dinner but filling .394 cals

What diet of thing do you fancy Kirsty? Obviously must contain hundreds of mushrooms :)

In that case it could be pasta with a pea pesto with mushrooms Nd tomatoes

Sounds absolutely vile lol x

Actually it would probably be very nice and creamy x

Bluhhhhh x

Strawberries for totm sweet but good!! :)

Not a recipie - but I was desperate for something naughty earlier in the week and thought I was going to fall off the wagon - you know when you feel you can not poosibly eat another salad, piece of fruit or vegetable??! I went into M&S food and they do some fantastic ready meals in their "count on us" range - I have had braised beef and veg and luxury fish pie this week - both within in the rules!! Feeling much better now and ready to fend of the temptation of Easter eggs!! ;) I am not a great fan on ready meals but these are highly recommended!! xx

Last night we had Uncle Bens Lighter Korma Sauce. its 5.9 per 100g so just a bit over, but well worth it!

Tonight we had Egg White Omlette with Fresh CHives and Spring Onion in the mix and then mushrooms and chicken breast inside once folded over. Really Yummy, had it with a side salad.

Back