someone check this for me please?

ColJack

Gold Member
I wasn't happy with last weeks loss so can someone take a look at my diary and see if I'm going wrong somewhere?

40094-albums2963-picture17603.jpg

40094-albums2963-picture17604.jpg

thanks..

Your menu looks really boring (i dont mean to offend or be cheeky) Maybe after following the same menu for so long your body has got used to it as such your weightloss has slowed down.
Why dont you try a week with different meals and also upping your syns a bit.
Dont forget to have both your hexa and also is your superfree portion a third of the plate?

Other than that your menu does look good for what it is, it just looks for me the same over and over again.

I'm lazy and my dinner is easy to make.. :)
I don't like cooking which is what got me in this mess in the first place..
if it wasn't a takeaway it was chips and drummers, or chicken dippers and so on.. something I could bang in the oven and fetch it when the timer went ping..

my meals are like this..

40094-albums2849-picture17032.jpg

so normaly about half the plate with cabbage and the other veg..

I agree, I know you have said before that you have the same type of meals because it really works for you ...but, if it has stopped working for you, then perhaps it is time to mix it up a bit. At least have a go to see if it jumpstarts your weight loss again.

I lurk about on these boards a lot to keep my motivation up and have read loads of your posts, you have done sooooo well. You have really inspired me to keep going at times and I'm sure that goes for others who read a lot but don't post much. Hope the losses speed up again soon x

I've had a chicken stirfry tonight ( made myself in my new wok.. :) ) with a bag of frozen fruit salad for pudding....
last night I had a meat craving it seems.. a pack of ham ( 10 slices ), a pack of crabsticks, and a tin of mackrel in tom sauce, accompanied by a couple of yellow plums and a hand full of grapes for afters..

Looks ok to me Jack to be honest - yes it looks a bit "samey" but I suppose we're all a little guilty of sticking to habits.

I assume it is Extra Easy as you never had more than one HEXA but again I'd suggest using your HEXB's - I'm sure I read you should have at least 1 of each per day.

Your drinks are not listed, I assume you are drinking suffcient?

I tend to have a lot of salad to fill my plate (lettuce, tomato,carrot, cucumber, spring onion etc.) or mixed veg (peas, carrot, cauliflower etc.) often pre-packed salad and add to it or frozen veg and grab when required.

In fairness though, you have more onions, leeks, peppers & mushrooms than I - so more variety there.

The only other thing I would comment on (I'm being constructive here mate) is your syns.

Obviously the fish in batter is part of "treat night" but 24 syns on that night is high compared to the rest of your week. Nothing wrong with that or "flexi-synning" but I consider that in four of the seven days you listed only 2 syns. Again I'd have thought a minimum of 5 should be the norm?

Just my observations. I had a gain this week so they are worth b*gger all lol.

Finally, what about the body magic and exercise routine?

Steve

why dont you try using a SC and in the morning bung everything in it with chopped up veg and stock/tinned veg and make a nice stew.

You can put lamb, chicken, beef, pork etc in it.

That way it would be something different.

Try some green days maybe have
hexb toast with scrambled eggs
baked potatoe with hexa light laughing cows and beans
scan bran with the remaining light laughing cows
spanish fritata for dinner.

quick and easy

I might suggest a smaller plate! I know on sw we're allowed unlimited free food, but that is one mountain of food in your pic. As we lose weight our bodies need less energy, so what might've been an ok amount to lose weight on before might be too much now- you have lost loads so far!

Ok, lazy dinners are easy:

Casserole & vegetable mash (cooks for about 2 hours unsupervised, and you can make extra to freeze)

Stuffed Chicken breast (hea of cheese inside), wrapped in bacon, whacked on a baking tray with vegetables (peppers, butternut squash, cherry toms, courgette & onion) and cook for about half hour.

The lemon & garlic chicken roast bake in the sw mag was easy & delicious (chicken thighs, carrots, onions, courgette, new potatoes, squash & onions cooked for 40 mins)

If you've got a wok there are loads of really quick and easy meals, stir-fries, special fried rice, curry etc.

As the others have said, variety is the key, not just because it keeps us interested, but because the body needs variety to give it all thr right vitamins and minerals it needs.

Oh and you definately need your B choices. Skipping them every now and then is no problem, but not having them the majority of the time will do your body no favours - it needs that fibre to poop!! There are several cereal bars which you could cut up and have with your fruit salad.

I've got some alpen lights for this week but I don't bother with bread normally..

I'm going to have a 2 finger kit kat every night this week to up my syns..
If I gain this week now I'm going to hunt you all down.. ;) :D

Thanks for the advice, I'll change it up a bit this week..

Nooooooooooo no hunting down (i still can run that fast :D lol). I think you needs to add your hexb in there the aldi less then 70 cal choc and orange ones are nommy and 2 of em are a hexb so if you have an aldi near ya well worth popping in for em :D

only the 70 cal ones..
they are smaller and denser than alpen lights..

Aldi is within walking distance ( it's my new sunday morning walk to get some coffee and veg for the week. )..

Yeah gonna say the same as the others really, more variety, more syns and use them HE's. I never have the same evening meal 2 weeks running, let alone 2 days running.
I tend to have the same brekkie, but change that every couple of months to mix it up. I may have a lunch meal once each week ( quorn ham, egg and SW chips being a weekly favourite) and dinner leftovers for lunch occasionally.
the body's metabolism can get used to certain foods and then not lose weight. I also agree that your portion size may now be rather large, and although you were finding you lost on that, maybe now it is too much.

Back