Someone please kick me! I need help

Pearl77

I am really struggling, I went out last Saturday, I'm only two weeks in, 15lb down, but if I don't sort myself out I'm going to go back to square one, I've been on SS, and caved completely on Saturday night, I was find Sunday, but last night I caved and I've just eaten rubbish now too. I've gone from feeling amazing to feeling pants. :cry:And you know if I were reading this, I'd be thinking, for god sake woman, get a grip, you want to lose weight don't you? And I do! But see come the evening, I seem to talk myself into eating rubbish, I wish I hadn't of gone out on Saturday night, but I really need to get back on track ASAP

Write yourself a list of all the reasons you're doing this (mine is almost two a4 pages long!)
When you're tempted - read your list. And tell yourself you can eat once you're finished reading.

My list is super long....and I've never eaten after reading it!

if you want to stick to SS (and for me it's easier) - what helps me is to be of the mindset that i don't do food, i only drink water, and that's me. in my mind there are no grey areas: it's black/white, pass/fail.

i find with diets that if i have any grey areas in my mind, have to make any judgements at all, then i'll slip and i'll cheat.

good luck. you CAN do it.

Thanks girls, I was actually sick in the night, serves me right!!! And yes you are so right about grey areas, I am the same, I'm all or nothing unfortunately, had a good chat with my sister this morning, she's SS+ she's give me what for! She's angry with me as we're supposed to be supporting each other, but she's said to draw a line under it, and yes I'm going to make a list today, it sounds like an obvious thing to do but I bet physically doing it will be rather therapeutic, thanks girls x

Dont beat yourself up, this is no easy task and it takes a huge amount of self control and for that you need to be mentally ready.

I was ready when I started and now 9 days in, I still struggle all the time and fancy a kebab, pizza, glass of wine etc. I have said to myself I am giving this up no later than 01/12. I will then have a FANTASTIC time pretty much eating and drinking what I like then I will deal with the aftermarth after.

This might not be the best way but I need a "light at the end of the tunnel", It is really the toughest diet I have ever known but with self control it WORKS WONDERS!!!.

Keep going and stop worrying about thing's you cant change.

Be determined

xx :):):):):)

I am 6 wks in and still struggle. I am on ss+ step 2 as have an illness and need to take meds. But putting that aside we all have the odd blip. Food is an addiction and we all struggle and are all here for the same reason. Forget what you have done .
Its gone...A new day and start again. Im sure you will be fine . good luck x

First off, don't beat yourself up about it, blips happen every so often. I have found the only way I didn't cave in was by becoming a complete social hermit, it sucks, but if you don't go out and surround yourself with these tasty treats, you don't fall into the trap of eating them, also, get rid of any convenience food from the house that you can just snack on. Only have things that you have to cook to eat and you will find that you won't / can't be bothered to eat

I was chatting to a friend about 'if I did life all again'. I would want to be happy and healthy but i wouldnt wish for flashy houses, fast cars, loads of money (a holiday a year would be nice!) but what I would wish for most is that I could be a size 10/12 all the time. I have battled with weight since my teens and when I look back what a lot of grief it has caused. When I am overweight my confidence plummets, I don't bother about my hair and make-up and i get very lazy and complacent. When I lose weight all that goes and I feel great, I love getting new clothes etc.
So why, oh why, do I keep allowing myself to go back to overweight. Well I enjoy eating and drinking and I enjoy eating and drinking all the things I shouldn't.
After the thread a couple of days ago, about cheating and still losing, I've had a real good look at myself and I really don't like my attitude to food and drink. For my first few weeks, everything that usually is in the cupboards was still there and it didn't bother me as I was so focussed. Then two stone off and I am struggling big time this week (i'm off on hol and staying at home - due to lack of funds) so all sorts of wrong things have been munched. My OH is off from today until Monday so i'm going to get my head back in this, with him being a watchful eye on me. I will still lose a further two stone for a slim Christmas and get into a lovely dress and treat myself to knee high boots because if I can do it then I will deserve it.
Anyway, sorry for such a long speel. Good luck everyone.

M x

thanks Louisa, he works nightshift from 6.30pm 6 nights a week so we don't see much of each other. He is off on holiday but I've a long list of jobs for him to do!

M x

Find something you want to do/go/wear when you are slimmer, for me I will be buying a new dress for the Xmas season, I have 5 saved as favourites on my PC and I keep looking at them and imagining me wearing one of them, I plan to only buy them a couple of weeks before I need them so I stay on track!

good luck, you can do this :)

Wow! I didn't realise all these posts were on here, thanks for all the support. I'm ok now I think, well not had anything I shouldn't of for two days, I spoke with my counsellor after posting this, she certainly gave me the roasting I needed, SS+ just isn't for me right now! I think I've been struggling cooking for the family, to cut a long story short I wrote a letter to my husband explaining how I feel, how out of control and obsessed I felt, I mean I'd resorted to eating in secret in the garage! And for the first time in 12 years of marriage I asked for his help! I tend to look after and help everyone else instead of myself. Anyway, he has been amazing! He's cooked every meal, made sure that there aren't leftovers left out, food wrapped up in the fridge and he's promised to stop the takeaways. So I am back on track, and wondering if ive gained, it made me feel awful eating what I ate, I've only just got rid of the heart burn yuk!!!!! Anyway thanks again and next time I contemplate a nibble I'll come back to this thread xxx

Pearl most of us feel the need to eat in the evenings. My friend is the same, and she is losing really well on 810. On very hungry days she goes up to 1000. This combination has kept her sane, and kept her on the diet. There's nothing wrong with following step 2 or even step 3. You will still lose weight and maybe keep your sanity! Good luck x

Back