Someone tell my stupid mind to stop beating myself up!

Dizzy1968

Silver Member
Well, my initial goal when I started LT was 11st dead ( not me, the stone lol) taking my 2 week break out as wasnt on LT I have managed 3stone 3 lb in 8weeks, whilst I can see the difference and feel the difference I am constantly beating myself up KNOWING I wont make my goal in time for my next break, I feel deflated for some reason and just cant get that out of my head. Also, I have realised in the last couple of weeks that 11stone is just not going to be enough and would probably like to try for another 2 stone, I have made it from a 18/20 sometimes 22 top to a 16 loose-ish or 14 tight-ish top and a 18/20 bottom to a 14 and sometimes a 12 bottom, dont get me wrong, I am proud of how far I have come, just cant get these niggles out of my head, and I will take my break as its important that I celebrate my daughters 18th in style, but now know I will be back for another stint after.

I want to be proud and sometimes i am, just today i am having a "you are a fat cow" day I think, has anyone else experienced this? I was trying to explain to a friend last night, and all i can maybe put it down to is the weight coming off fast and my mind set not joining my body just yet?
Or do I need to be told to shut the F up and stop worrying about it?

Just for some reason I feel like a failure as not hit( or wont) hit my goal by the time I wanted to ( this is my 2nd to last week before refeed)

Sorry for the stupid moan, just mind all of a muddle at the mo xxx

please bear in mind this thread isnt me looking for praise, its me asking if anyone else feels the same as me? and do they know why?
Just as I re read it it may come across as a compliment angling sort of thing as was not intended that way xx

durrrrr losing the plot now, 3STONE 5LB not 3st 3, did myself out of 2lb then jeez!

Dizzy well I am going to praise you. Sorry u have done great. ! U should be very proud of you.

U think as we r always doing this all the time wanted more and more to come off. Your mindset does go bit dodgy.

I feel I won't lose it or when I do I will put it all back on again plus more. So what's the point in me doing this i can get very negative bout things.

Let's try stay positive.

X

;)

thanks kate, I know where you are coming from there.
I had a sort of friend say a couple of days ago that " well if you hadnt had your holiday then you would be a lot closer" yer right, thanks for that, lets not look at the positives aye, lets just say how crap I am lol

I need to change my thinking from my daughters 18th onto NYE this year, will try and get it into my head that this NYE I WILL be thin!

Dizzy, im kind of the same,. although i havent done as well as you yet, ur an inspiration honey, dont feel like a failure. Im refeeding on the 21st and mightnt be in the 11's by the time I do although im going to try my damndest to get there. We're not failures. Maybe its good to have a break before ur last stint on it. Hogging ur thread, but u might know, is it ok to refeed on the 21st then again the 14th of october or are they too close together?

Ava
xxx

oh Ava I wouldnt know whats right and whats wrong, I only go with whats right and wrong for me lol, how long do you intend to be off on 21st? before going back on? wonder if doing the refeed a lot longer til the 14th? then back on after that? good luck though, and enjoy the break, and thankyou for the kind words, just think I am having a beat myself up day x

Quick reply dizzy as I'm putting little last to bed, so will skip the (well deserved) praise. All I can tell you is that when I got to my goal of 10st on Lipotrim before my wedding 5 years ago, I never felt different. Yes I was buying smaller sizes, yes people we're complimenting me, and looking back I looked great on the day and in honeymoon. But at the time I still felt the same old chunky me. Maybe because I'd been overweight for so long (since puberty really, but just on the slightly chubby side until I hit college!) I wasn't used to being any different? I think that's why the weight went back on for me that time, because I just settled back to what I knew. This time around I have compiled plenty of "before" pics in the hope that I'll see a difference.

So much for a quick reply!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Little lady not little last!!

I feel depressed if I think about how long it is likely to take me to get to the healthy weight. It helps if I just try to do my best for this week. I hope I lose a good amount. 2-3 pounds somehow seems too little. 4 pounds somehow seems much better - mad I know! I keep getting told I look a lot thinner by people - and yet I know I probably won't have lost much weight when I get weighed on Saturday so I don't want to build myself up for a fall. Off course I would love the weight just to fall off at once but it doesn't work like that.

You have done well. Focus on the postitives of where you are now. I know I am losing weight yet I still look and see the fat - I think until I get to a certain point I won't see myself as slim. My face looks slimmer though - and that is good. :) Its a start.

Dear Dizzy,
You have done sooo well.
What I personally would do is look back and how far you have come .
I am only a Newbi myself and I must say that I have a lot of respect for those who have stuck to the plan 100%.
It's natural to have up and down days it's part of being human.
You can do it , just believe in yourself.
I have had a bad week this week. I work for an independent school and I have next to noting breaks .
I am living of two shakes due to not having a break.
I have also been picking on protein , hence the two pound lose so far into the week. (blush)
I am just going to pick myself up and move on.
I can not let myself fall into that vicious cycle.
Rant over .
Regards Misspiggy

Quick reply dizzy as I'm putting little last to bed, so will skip the (well deserved) praise. All I can tell you is that when I got to my goal of 10st on Lipotrim before my wedding 5 years ago, I never felt different. Yes I was buying smaller sizes, yes people we're complimenting me, and looking back I looked great on the day and in honeymoon. But at the time I still felt the same old chunky me. Maybe because I'd been overweight for so long (since puberty really, but just on the slightly chubby side until I hit college!) I wasn't used to being any different? I think that's why the weight went back on for me that time, because I just settled back to what I knew. This time around I have compiled plenty of "before" pics in the hope that I'll see a difference.

So much for a quick reply!

thanks all, I know i am just being silly and hope to shake the feeling off, Squishy I have been thin, then fat then thin, so do know how it feels, as was never over weight , got married at a size 10, then had my first child,( very nearly 18 years ago) after having her I weighed 11 st 4lb, I know this as I went to weight watchers and found the card a few years ago when we moved house, I myself feel that if i had never started the cycle of dieting i may never have put so much on in the long run, but who knows.

I have taken it off, put it on, yo yo yo yo, the last 10 years I have only managed a stone or a stone n a half off before giving up, so it HAS been a good while since i have been this size now. Just a mixed up mind really, hoping my brain can catch up soon, but once again thanks all, sometimes we nee to tell people how we really feel xx

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr still feeling totally FAT FAT FAT, I had a week or so of wow look what I have done, and now for the last week or so its just been "look at you you FAT cow" think I may need therapy !

Dear Dizzy,
I find that the society we live in is such that we can never be to thin or to rich!!
However it is the inner contentment that is the hardest thing to achieve , these just my personal thoughts.
I think that losing the weight can be the easy part , however learning to love oneself can be the difficult part of accepting ourselves for who we are and not what others expect us to look like.
I hope I am making sence.
You have come along way and done really well.
It's time for you to enjoy the slimmer trimmer you and learn to enjoy your new found confidence .
It's your time to shine!

strangely Miss Piggy I was much more confident bigger, why I do not know, I knew I was over weight but always had a good attitude about myself, often thinking "do you know, today you dont look too bad lady", of course there were always days I looked at myself and hated what i saw, which was then a spur to try this diet, but seems at present the more weight that comes off the more hard on myself I am being, cant really explain it. I am hoping that another stone or even two may do the trick, but who knows, thankyou though, for having a listen to a grumpy, whining so n so today lol x

Don't worry Dizzy ,
We all have good and bad days .
I am glad to be of any help .
Take care

Dizzy,

Do you think it might be because when you're bigger and not losing it quickly (like on Lipotrim) you sort of accept the way you are, even thought you don't like it. ...but when you're losing weight and you can see it's working, you know you can be the size you want to be soon and it doesn't come quite quickly enough for your liking. It's fast weight loss, but not immediate and I think it comes off at just the right speed that you can become impatient about it.

I definitely feel happier each day because I can see I'm losing weight, but some of the clothes that were tight on me when I was overweight are very baggy on me now (but still wearable - floaty tops, etc) and they don't look as good on me now (in my opinion) because I can't see my shape in them. Before I didn't want to, but now I feel like I'm hiding all the hard work in them! :)

I suspect that you won't be the only person judging yourself harshly. I feel like despite my weight coming off I don't look much smaller. Others say they can see it. My face looks slimmer. But my back/chest/stomach is still huge. I also wish the weight would come off my bust as I hate it the size it is.

Well I am wondering how much I will have to lose before I feel slim again! When I was younger 8-9 stone was ok. Now I am older will I be satisfied with how I look IF I make it to around 10 stone? I spent so many years thinking 10 stone was fat that the figure doesn't sound low enough to me. :confused:

Anyway - that is all academic anyway. I start being more physically active this week and I may have to go onto maintenance if I feel faint as I can't get out of being more physically active. We'll see how this week goes first!

Last edited:
Back