Something to look at..........

Hi All
:D

I have tried Exante previously and have sampled Slim & Save ( which do taste better! :eek:)

I am currently uming and aring over Exante or Slim & Save.....I have done some research and found Slim & Save to be more on par calorie wise etc than Exante with The Cambridge Diet ( which i woud do but can't afford 45 a week :/)....The plus with Exante is they have the RDA in where as with Slim & Save you have to take a mulitvitamin too.

I found this article I found it interesting.......http://lilooblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/weight-worries-wednesday-exante-diet.html

What are your thoughts...? would this put you off Exante?
:sigh:

Below I have the link for Slim & Save calories & nutrients also for you to see.....
VLCD Nutritional Information

collette x

Last edited:
I have seen that blog before when I was doing some google "research." It did put me off a bit. I am still finishing LL packs and planned to move on to Exante because of the cost and convenience. I have never heard of slim and save so will check out your link.

The way I look at it, none of these shakes are going to taste great. I will give exante a go and if it is a bust I won't have lost much money!

I see what you mean :) slim and save are the same about £98 for a months worth or round about.

Im just dubious now due to the high content found on the blog. put me off a lil. If anyone else find's more research holla :) x

Thank you for this thread and for the informative links that you posted.

I've only done a VLCD once before and that was last year. It would be fair for me to say at the outset that I don't really like milk at the best of times - too much of it has always made me sick [right from school days etc] So for me to even consider an attempt at a VLCD, you'll understand, I was feeling pretty miserable and desperate about my weight!

Last year I spent 7 weeks with Lipotrim. I felt I needed to be accountable to someone each week at the scales. I hadn't discovered Exante until I'd started so decided I'd stick with what I had started.

I nearly gauged on the shakes for the first few days but then discovered that liquidizing them with ice and pushing my tongue into the roof of my mouth made it easier to get down. By week two, I was fine with them. I lost over 3 stone easily and it was fine.

I'm back here a year later and having to try Exante, mainly due to the cost. I do find the bars bearable where I found I just couldn't eat the lipotrim 'flapjacks'.

I know taste has to be bearable and an advantage if it can be enjoyable, but I treated the first week as 'medicine' I needed to take and would benefit me - as I said, from the second week, my taste buds had just 'adjusted!'

No know if my waffling helps any, but just thought I'd share my experience.

Good Luck whatever you decide guys

Hi there, when doing my research I also stumbled across that review. I was slightly dubious about exante because of that review. But out of desperation to lose weight I knew I had to try exante as I had previously done lighter life and I know that vlcd work for me. I can honestly say that review is a load of rubbish. I have now tried all of the soups, shakes and bars and find them all fine. They aren't greasy or anything like http at. Obviously not everyone will like every flavour, but so far I can't complain. I do think the shakes are better than any previous shakes I have tasted because they are nice and thick if made up as directed. Although this is my first week, so far I am doing good. I have even ordered the porridge as I can see myself sticking this through and fancy some more variety. I would definitely recommend the water flavourings too. X

I've just read the blog and I personally think its a load of rubbish!! I can't say that I've tried any of the shakes she mentions in the blog, but compared to LL & CD the shakes are all very similar. I've never experienced the 'chip shop' taste or the fat left on the side of the blender - did she have a bad batch?? I'll admit that the Vanilla shakes aren't my favourite, but when blitzed with some ice and instant coffee they are very palatable!

The diet works and there is no denying that - you have to stick with it and remain on plan, but the Exante products are definitely no worse than CD or LL!!

Hope that helps - but it is only my opinion!!

Best of luck with whichever plan you decide to do xx

I get the impression that the review was written by a rival consultant, maybe from CD or LL. lol. X

I have tried LL,cambrige diet and exante and I think exante are much nicer.They are easier to mix up(not so lumpy)and taste creamier than the other 2 and with ice blended into it you can pretend that you are in mcdonalds having a shake(just!).

Mmm....very dubious review!! I really like all the shakes (vanilla with coffee added). Greasy??? As I said, dubious review imo x

Thank you peeps :)

Im still not sure what to go for.....Im more for the exante as its gives you the 100 rda but s&s is more on par with cd.....oooo choices lol...... :/ x

What's really funny is the comments below about how much fat there is in them. Fat (in decent amounts) is actually necessary for Ketosis and shouldn't be excluded. There's a ratio of fats and proteins to carbohydrate to sustain Ketosis and lose weight!

When will people realise that it's not fat that makes you fat? Don't people wonder when they're doing a standard "healthy diet" filled with low fat yogurts etc why they're not really losing much weight? IT'S BECAUSE OF THE SUGAR THEY STUFF IN IT TO REPLACE THE FAT!

Phew! Sorry about that. Rant over ;)

L xox

xox_collette_xox said:
Thank you peeps :)

Im still not sure what to go for.....Im more for the exante as its gives you the 100 rda but s&s is more on par with cd.....oooo choices lol...... :/ x

The calories difference doesn't make any difference. Once you're under 800 and you're classed as a VLCD the losses will be the same whether it's 400 500 or 600 kcals

S&s does give you the full RDA if you have 4 packs. If you have 3 plus protein you just need a multi vit

That article is just one non professionals opinion. I wouldn't give it a second thought

I have decided to order exante and am looking forward to tasting it for the first time. I still have a few weeks of LL so will be able to compare them! I heard someone else say they got samples of porridge with their first order so fingers crossed I will too. The only think I will miss from LL is the apple cinnamon porridge. I am trying their raspberry porridge for the first time today- we will see! Very curious about the orange and choco bar- sounds divine but hasn't had good reviews! xx

the numpty went and bought 50 vanilla shakes, what can you expect? vanilla is the blandest of bland of all the vlc's. whack a bit of coffee in there and you're set! i read this review before i did exante and being a seasoned fish and chip eater, i found it tasted nothing like fish and chips ;) it's all personal preference, it just seems she may be in a minority.

That review is ridiculous, she obviously knows nothing about how it works and should have done her research. As a student nurse I can honestly say there is nothing wrong with Exante, the short time during our lives (whether it be a couple of months or a couple of years) on the VLCD make up for the healthy weight we will be once completing Exante.

Its about weighing up the pros and cons, there are cons we all know but the results make it worth while because of all the health benefits from losing weight.

Hol

i read that same article and to be honest I think since then the shakes have changed quite a bit. The first time I found I tasted them I couldnt stand them but once your brain kicks in that you better like it as its all ur eating ur body does adjust and you find it tastes nice

I just want to say Exante works. Seven stone in eight months and now maintaining. I would have eaten worms to get these results!

I did not realise how awful I felt when I was fat until I lost weight. I started to feel well after a week of Exante TS now I feel better than ever apart from a serious addiction to buying new clothes!

If it works for you carry on, it's safe, and there is far more risk to be being overweight than living on vanilla for eight months. I just wish I had done it years ago. Keep drinking the water.

GSQ.

QUOTE=Getslimquick;5378441]I just want to say Exante works. Seven stone in eight months and now maintaining. I would have eaten worms to get these results!

I did not realise how awful I felt when I was fat until I lost weight. I started to feel well after a week of Exante TS now I feel better than ever apart from a serious addiction to buying new clothes!

If it works for you carry on, it's safe, and there is far more risk to be being overweight than living on vanilla for eight months. I just wish I had done it years ago. Keep drinking the water.

GSQ.[/QUOTE]

Well said Getslimquick, well done on your fantastic weight loss, such an inspiration to us recent starters.

I've stopped telling people that I'm on Exante due to the negative comments ie "3 litres of water is far too much, the weight will all go back on", from a woman who must be 3 stone heavier than me (at least) its pretty obvious that jealousy is the reason for negativity, jelous that we have decided to take back control and get slim.

Nothing anyone says will knock my confidence in this diet, I feel amazing after a week, will weigh in shortlly and see some great results that will spur me on to keep going and keep losing.

Hollyadele, like you, at first I wanted to avoid having to try and explain my "extreme dieting" to people, especially as at 11st 9lb many of them thought I was fine or just a little plump. I'm used to being between 8 and 9.5 stone though and so that wasn't where I wanted to stay. I was still considered obese and I could feel the difference the weight was making to my knees and back.

The start with I tried to avoid situations where people would ask questions but when it came down to one I couldn't avoid, I just told them. I had 10 minutes of gasps and "is that even safe?" "what you don't eat ANYTHING?" etc. That quickly turned to "I don't think I would have the willpower" and "you look great!"

Even my in laws (who think dieting is only having a couple of pieces of cake!) used to try and and convince me that a little bit wouldn't hurt in the past. Now they don't even offer it to me.

I tell them it's not forever and that once I'm where I want to be I hope I'll never have to do it again. These days, I wear my Exante badge with pride. I'm proud of my achievement and do you know what? Most of them wouldn't have the willpower to do what we're doing so stand up and be counted - maybe it'll get those other fatties thinking that maybe they too can do something about their weight!

You've taken back control and no matter how you are doing it, you're doing it and that makes you awesome!

L xox

Wow, hear, hear Loucille. I can almost hear the rousing music in the background. "we WILL fight them on the beaches"!! Lol. XX

Back