Something to worry about or fairly normal

So thats both of us then ha ha! Well if youre going to do something do it properly. Many a time I have been shopping and thought, wonder what the syn values are but it makes sense really.

I've had a nice array of eating disorders over the years and when I've tried to do diets, I've been utterly obsessed too. So I worry, and the people around me worry. Nobody wants to see you go back to the way you were.

Everyone on a diet is obsessed. We're the biggest bores in the world sometimes, worse than the worst evangelists. :) I think in part it's nice to have something positive to focus on. And food is such an intrinsic part of life that it's no wonder we get obsessive about it.

SW feels different to me. For the first time EVER I'm not worried about eating. Yeah, I obsess about what I'm going to eat, I want to talk about it all the time, I'm sure I'm getting REALLY annoying. :) But it's not anything like the days when I was obsesssed about throwing up ever last morsel, or seeing how many portions I could get out of one tin of soup.

I think you're probably being normal. And whenever you worry that you aren't being normal, come and ask us. I think you'll get honest answers. *hugs*

lol I used to try and hide the cover/spin of my 'Free Branded Foods' and 'Low Syn snacks' books - now I just whip 'em out for all to see! lol Those books have helped me lose a ton of weight, wtf would I want to hide them?! lol

Hi there, it does sound pretty normal, because I do believe that you have to keep it in your thoughts all the time, other wise, I tend to lose focus. However, the issues you have had in the past will be the main reason why your partner is concerned for you. It is only because they cares for you.

Sometimes when you are new to slimming world, it can be hard to not feel guilty when your eating something because slimming world is so amazing, it takes time to believe that you really can eat so much and still lose weight.

Vicki x

I think you will find a lot of support on here and as you can see, we are all a bit obsessed, but we are focussed and I think we are all giving it 100% so what the hell!

Hi hun i suffered the same as you when i was 17 had to see a pychatrist (cant spell) once a week in london i started sw about this time last year and stopped in october i thought i was getting too paranode with it and ended up putting loads back on so i'm now back and starting week 4 still obsessing but hey thats the fun of it i plan my meals a week in advance i find thats helps. good luck and have fun with it.

Hello. :) I'm a similar age to you, I'm 22. I suffered from anorexia for years and then I ended up bulimic. I attempted recovery and ended up overweight. I find myself getting obsessed with SW and I have to be careful. There is a very fine line when you've been eating disordered in the past. Are you having any therapy?

Same thing has happened to me really. I am in therapy for other Mental Health Problems but not for many years for eating specificitly.

Another one who is obsessed here! I am DESPERATE to get to my target weight (maybe even beyond!) by my birthday and nothing is going to stop me or get in the way. I know I piss my husband and family off but as far as I'm concerned I don't care, I'm not going to let them get in the way off my goal and if that means treading on a few toes or upsetting people by turning things down so be it, I'm worth it :D My diet and my exercise will be my priority and if I think about it 24/7 it's fine ;)

Back