Sometimes I hate being a woman...

Dougal1983

Proud Mummy
It's that horrible time of the month and I hate it! I turn into a monster, I'm grumpy, snappy, in a lot of pain and I eat like a great big pig :( feeling really crap, having just devoured a whole tub of Pringles :( I'm out of control and I hate it :( does anyone else have really bad monthlies? X

I have PCOS and I don't get my period often as a result... when I do I can't sleep for nearly a week before hand, have terrible pain throughout which leaves me bedridden and bleed through a superplus in an hour, even on tranexamic acid.... not fun haha Rather lucky it's not very often, I guess :p
I've had my period this week, and I completely sympathize with you - I am insatiable for junk food, it's really bad :( I ate one of those big dairy milk oreo bars on my own in under an hour.

I have PCOS and I don't get my period often as a result... when I do I can't sleep for nearly a week before hand, have terrible pain throughout which leaves me bedridden and bleed through a superplus in an hour, even on tranexamic acid.... not fun haha Rather lucky it's not very often, I guess :p
I've had my period this week, and I completely sympathize with you - I am insatiable for junk food, it's really bad :( I ate one of those big dairy milk oreo bars on my own in under an hour.
I feel for you, that must be awful :(
My downfall is chocolate, it's what led me to SW and what I use all my Syns for and when it's monthlies I've even worse- I've eaten so much chocolate today then I'm too scared to tot up just how much. Plus a whole tube of Pringles :(
I must get back on plan tomorrow, I can't face another gain :(
I suffer with depression and anxiety and monthlies play havoc with it :(

Oh that isn't fun =[
I'm the same - I'm an absolute saint with my meals and use no syns, because I know I need something sweet in the evening.
Haha I just ate a cream egg while typing this - I don't want to know how many syns are in those!
I don't know if it's worth raising with the group leader? I'd considered it with mine but thought she would just say "well don't eat it then" or something
There are a few choccy recipes on the SW website so could be worth trying some of those out to see if any of them are comforting. I know the SW ferrero rocher are delicious and at 1 syn each they're fab, it's just having them on hand when I have a craving that is the problem

Oh that isn't fun =[
I'm the same - I'm an absolute saint with my meals and use no syns, because I know I need something sweet in the evening.
Haha I just ate a cream egg while typing this - I don't want to know how many syns are in those!
I don't know if it's worth raising with the group leader? I'd considered it with mine but thought she would just say "well don't eat it then" or something
There are a few choccy recipes on the SW website so could be worth trying some of those out to see if any of them are comforting. I know the SW ferrero rocher are delicious and at 1 syn each they're fab, it's just having them on hand when I have a craving that is the problem
To be honest my C encourages using Syns on something sweet, she's fallen off the wagon recently too and I think that's y everyone likes her so much, she's just like us, doesn't try to be saintly at all!
I'd rather have proper Ferrero Rocher, they are my fave chocolates and I could eat a whole box at a time!!
I don't want to eat some SW chocolate recipe that uses shitty sweetener, I need the proper stuff- that's my problem, 15 Syns doesn't go far on proper choc x

Thanks I'm feeling a little bit better today- and I think it's cos I'm back on plan and I had my chocolate fix in the form of a Alpen light double choc bar (3 Syns!) and I feel better for it x

You could try having a few highlights/options drinks throughout the day, i think they are 2 syns each but not 100% sure if its enough to fix a choc fix as i havent really got a sweet tooth but i have one a day.

Us blokes dont know how lucky we have it sometimes
I don't like those options ones and the highlights are ok-ish but I need proper choc, not powdery ****! Lol I tell my husband that every day, he's dreading me being pregnant- 9 months of sheer hell and I can blame him haha!!

If I'm needing a chocolate fix (usually due to crazy PMT as well!) then I find green & blacks to be the winner. The little 15g bars are for the most part 4 syns each and the chocolate is so rich, decent quality and lovely that I always feel like I've had loads more than I actually have. Quality over quantity and all that.

Sometimes though I want quantity and for those times I have a bar of galaxy bubbles - 8 syns and it's the size of a proper bar of choccie. Feels very naughty but still leaves syns left for more chocolate lol ;) x

If I'm needing a chocolate fix (usually due to crazy PMT as well!) then I find green & blacks to be the winner. The little 15g bars are for the most part 4 syns each and the chocolate is so rich, decent quality and lovely that I always feel like I've had loads more than I actually have. Quality over quantity and all that.

Sometimes though I want quantity and for those times I have a bar of galaxy bubbles - 8 syns and it's the size of a proper bar of choccie. Feels very naughty but still leaves syns left for more chocolate lol ;) x
Green and Blacks is my choice of hot choc too! It's so.. Well.. Chocolatey lol.

Green and Blacks is my choice of hot choc too! It's so.. Well.. Chocolatey lol.

Maya gold hot choc is amazing! I have some of the Cafe Direct hot choc at the mo and that is an acceptable second place ;)

My psychatrist said to me try folic acid - and it really helps with mood. Not extinguish it but it tamed it down for me.

Last edited:
I feel for you all, I really do! When I had totm I`d be doubled up in pain and no amount of pain killers helped.
Don`t totm now that I`m on the change. Still get the mood swings at exactly the same time when I had totm.

The night sweats are worse for me now, can`t sleep. One moment I`m boiling, throw the duvet off. Then I`m freezing, pull it back again. Hubby don`t know which is worse!

Back