Somewhere between total and working?

misscphillips

Hi there,

I am looking at the exant total solution and comming off atkins.

Was wondering if anyone has gone midway between total and working?

I was thinking of doing total and adding a snack of either a tomato or cucumber sticks to this. Dont feel I need the added whole meal of working solution but am proper addicted to a crunch midmorning - it used to be carrot sticks until I read atkins and about ketosis etc so switched to cucumber.

Have 6 stone to loose and a wedding dress to buy in a few months!

thanks for any advice :)

There's a sticky here somewhere with ketosis friendly foods I'd have a look of I were u. Don't see any prob on going for a balance of something between the two plans myself. STAY AWAY FROM
THE TOMATOES! they are bad to our little friend ketosis don't forget it's not just carbs it's citric acid you want to avoid but cucumber, cellery etc will be fine

oh rite didnt know that as tomatos are fine on atkins phase 1 no one mentions they are bad for ketosis in any of the books or on the atkins forum. stick to cucumber then I think.
Its not the choccies and stuff I will miss, its being able to open the cupboard and have a banana - maddness! But then my weight is down to steroid injections and being bedridden for nearly a year not bad eating

they are only ok in small doses on Atkins, i am on WS and i tend to only have half a tomato so i get the taste and a big bit of cucumber - its all water after all :) xx

I think that Steroid gain is THE hardest to get rid of! Im trying to shift my IVF gain, which is nowhere near like the steroids you sound like you were on for a year - i only had it for 3.5 weeks but im noticing the difference in trying to shift it compared to 'normal fat' if that makes sense!!

xxxxx

thanks Stephie :)

I was having 1 tomato a day on atkins I tend to have 1 tom or a chunk of cucumber in sticks. I guess it was ok coz I was counting net carbs etc on atkins and 1 pretty much ate up all my dailys so never had more. I am just gonna stick to cucumber now though.

I am still having the injections - due anther one next week. its an ongoing thing as they wont operate on my hip till i am lighter and a LOT older (am 27) tried physio, hydro, ultrasound. Live on tramadol and naproxen and the injections kill it when it hits critical pain level. I refuse to let this beat me though. I miss my size 10's that I was in 3 years ago. Seems like a lifetime away.

I get the feeling missc, that you are going to become an inspiration to us all.
I just know how much I will enjoy following your story.
You go girl.
Stapo60 xx

aw thankyou :)

I am a DofE leader and I think the other leaders when i go to training think I am mental still running an expedition group when i need crutches to walk.

Back