somewhere really unexpensive near sw HQ

maxine uk

i will be travelling to HQ for my consultants training with dh,( i dont drive long distances) we are looking for somewhere really cheap to stay for a few nights are there any campsites or caravan sites near by
any infomation can you please let me know

If you have the postcode, try a search on Travelodge, Premier Inn, or Holiday Inn express, or just use google to look up B&Bs in the area. Otherwise UK Campsite.co.uk is pretty good for finding campsites (not sure if I would want to prepare for an interview staying in a tent the night before!)

Also www.asiarooms.com also have hotels in the UK.

Please tell us where it is & then we can have a nosey:D

Dont trainees get a special rate at a nearby hotel? Someone I know has training this weekend and she said this is what she is doing, works out cheaper than a travelodge.

It's in Derbyshire, Alfreton I think. I should get my inlaws to open their spare room as a B&B, they could make a fortune from SW trainees.:D

thank you for all the ideas the main reason for not going into b&b is because dh will be doing all the driving and its not going tobe much fun for him being chucked out of a b&b or travel lodge and have to find things to do for 2 days...oh and the tent isnt one you have to crawl through the flap to get into :)

I dont know the area

But, congratulations on being accepted for the training programme :D

thank you for all the ideas the main reason for not going into b&b is because dh will be doing all the driving and its not going tobe much fun for him being chucked out of a b&b or travel lodge and have to find things to do for 2 days...oh and the tent isnt one you have to crawl through the flap to get into :)

He won't get chucked out during the day if you have that room booked for several?

If youre staying a few days he can stay in the room as long as he wants, TLs are ideal, he can have a lie in, watch telly, get online :) Much comfier than a tent, and you wont need to worry about the weather :)

hi
i live in alfreton, 2 mins from sw headquarters.
there is a local travel lodge 5 mins away.
or i live near a local pub that also has hotel attached, if you have not found anywhere i could pop round there tomorrow and ask price of there rooms?
let me know?

emm camping looks more and more like a no-no :( will have to rethink this one.. thank you to all of you with offers of help, im looking into all options suggested :)

Hi,I live just down the road from Emma and agree with her but there are a couple of campsites close by http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townlisting.asp?town=Alfreton No idea what they are like. Not sure when you are going but it is throwing it down with rain at the moment and the thought of being in a tent in this weather is not a good one.

Yes, I'm five minutes away from Alfreton and would agree that a tent may not be a good idea, the ground is very, very wet as we have had continual rain for days now, sometimes very heavy, I've had to resort to walking my dogs in wellies again and some of the areas are getting flooded. There travel lodges are quite good round here, there is a small one in Sutton which is not too far away

Back