Sons christening buffet - Advice on eating.

Heero_Luva

Hi all,

My sons christening is on Sunday and me and my partner are on TFR. We will be eating and drinking on that day as it is a once in a lifetime occasion.

I am wondering what is the safest way to go about the food, to refeed slightly saturday evening to prime my body for the food sunday, or just to eat on sunday to limit the damage and continue on TFR monday (Including extra sessions on the treadmill)?

I would appreciate any advice on the situation as I have never broken this diet even slightly. This is just too big of an occasion to miss out on.

Thank you.

xx

totally understand - i'm breaking for 1 day for an important wedding in september.

the bride even cleared the menu with me so i know exactly what i'm having! melon to start and chicken and veg for mains (its a roast dinner, but not having the carbs). not doing to have the lemon merengue (SP?) dessert tho. so i'm not going to refeed for the one meal - just 2 shakes in the day - GALLONS of water and no booze. then back on the shakes before the breakfast the next day tempts me!

for the buffet just have the veg/salad and proteins - avoid the carbs as that'll knock you out of ketosis - basically pretend you're on atkins for it.

do not drink alcohol though, there is a sticky about how dangerous this can be.

if you really want to drink, i would say refeed so you are out of ketosis.

hope that helps hun - have a wonderful time! xxx

I would advise refeeding for a week if you are really planning on *eating* (ie cakes, sausage rolls, all the trimmings). BUT if you are intending to drink alcohol then I believe that it would be potentially dangerous to refeed for less than a week, therefore, if you're even having a glass of champagne i would strongly advise the full week refeed - people have ended up in hospital from not refeeding properly before drinking.

If in doubt, talk to your pharmacist or ring LT.

Others will respond to your question who have more experience so they may suggest refeeding for less time, but that's just what i would advise.

Nothing to add to this; Sarah has covered it all..just have a read about drinking alcohol...as it is rather risky whilst in ketosis to drink.

Back