soon to be a newbie

steph_

hi guys

im thinking of doing slim fast as im terrible at dieting and need something new to try and reset me from all the horrible naughty foods i have been trapped into lol.

anyhow been reading through the how to do slim fast on the stickies and im a bit puzzled by something i hope you can clear up for me

as ive read it if i follow the SF diet that works out 1300 cals, i then did the calories calc thing it recomended which worked out at 2340 cals per day so less the 1300 leaves me 1040 cals is this what i have to play with for the rest of the day on 'healthy snacks'

i hope you follow me as im a bit puzzled

thanks in advance

steph

hi guys

im thinking of doing slim fast as im terrible at dieting and need something new to try and reset me from all the horrible naughty foods i have been trapped into lol.

anyhow been reading through the how to do slim fast on the stickies and im a bit puzzled by something i hope you can clear up for me

as ive read it if i follow the SF diet that works out 1300 cals, i then did the calories calc thing it recomended which worked out at 2340 cals per day so less the 1300 leaves me 1040 cals is this what i have to play with for the rest of the day on 'healthy snacks'

thanks in advance

steph
hi steph. i only started yesterday so wont be much help. i use this site Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. i type in all my food for the day and when you complete your entry for that day it will tell you how much you should weigh in 5 weeks! sorry not much help

Hi Steph

Have you read the How to Slimfast section above? It's really good and has helped me no end!

You should have no less than 1,300 calories per day and out of that 1,300 you have your shakes, snacks and a healthy evening meal. It should work out like this:

Breakfast: Slimfast Meal Replacement
Mid Morning: 100 Calorie Snack
Lunch: Slimfast Meal Replacement
Mid Afternoon: 100 Calorie Snack
Dinner: 600 Calorie Meal
Evening: 100 Calorie Snack

Your snacks can be anything as long as they are up to 100 calories each, so for example a banana or an apple. Your evening meal you should be a healthy balanced one.

Hope this helps

thanks in advance

steph

No no no no no... that 1,040 calories that you have left everyday is where your weight loss comes from. The BMR calculator shows you how many calories your body burns in a day before exercise. If you eat as many calories a day as you burn (your BMR) you wouldn't lose any weight...

The diet is 3 x 100 calorie snacks (no more) 2 Slim Fast meal replacements and 1 x 600 calorie evening meal.

The BMR calculator is there to show you what you could lose on Slim Fast because so many ask "how much will I lose" but this varies for everyone and the BMR calculator gives you a rough idea. Since your BMR is 2,340 and the Slim Fast diet is 1,300 calories on this diet your body would be burning 1,040 calories more than it's eating and since eating 500 calories a day less than what your body burns = 1lb weight loss in a week, from your BMR alone you should lose 2lb per week, add some exercise and it will be even more ...Do you get me? I hope I've not made it even harder to understand :eek:

made sense to me well explained i certainly coudlnt have explained it so well,
Steph ive found SF fantastic for focusing my mind on what to eat and what not to eat and its working woooohoooo as i havent eaten any of my "bad" food since ive been on SF

No no no no no... that 1,040 calories that you have left everyday is where your weight loss comes from. The BMR calculator shows you how many calories your body burns in a day before exercise. If you eat as many calories a day as you burn (your BMR) you wouldn't lose any weight...

The diet is 3 x 100 calorie snacks (no more) 2 Slim Fast meal replacements and 1 x 600 calorie evening meal.

The BMR calculator is there to show you what you could lose on Slim Fast because so many ask "how much will I lose" but this varies for everyone and the BMR calculator gives you a rough idea. Since your BMR is 2,340 and the Slim Fast diet is 1,300 calories on this diet your body would be burning 1,040 calories more than it's eating and since eating 500 calories a day less than what your body burns = 1lb weight loss in a week, from your BMR alone you should lose 2lb per week, add some exercise and it will be even more ...Do you get me? I hope I've not made it even harder to understand :eek:

cheers guys

yes it has made complete sense now had a word with a mate of mine who told me she was doing it also and she also explained it

so i have been to stock on some tins since they are on offer at boots £2.99 a tin cant go wrong and some snack bars

what i did notice when i went to do weekly shop is how much of a habit we can get ourselves into when shopping as i cant beleive what food i was buying with silly amounts of calories in them

gonna start tomorrow whilst mind in it so have my last naught supper before the new start

thanks again ladies

Good luck Steph, I think Lisa's explained it perfectly.

Back